• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAPT Grounded - Karma Prevails!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never really understood these types of programs. The people I know that took the bait are up to their asses in debt with little to no light at the end of the tunnel. Why are so many people falling into this trap? I have no sympathy.

-Brett

How did they fail you?

What are you doing now?

I am curious.

I have flown with several CAPT graduates and was impressed with all of them. Did they do something different than you? Are you saying that CAPT graduates are bad or are saying CAPT is bad, and how so?

Here's some background on Ninja and CAPT. Judge for yourself. Personally, I think it's sour grapes on his part.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=84053&highlight=capt

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=88420&highlight=capt

Yup----the Ninja is a non-hacker who couldn't handle it........he brags about "the highest flight time" in the program, apparently not realizing that high time=slow learner.

I too have had several FOs from the CAPT program, and have been impressed with them.....much better than the average new hire.

Ninja, some people just weren't cut out to be pilots....maybe this is the category you fall into. The world needs lot of other professions, so maybe you will excell in some other field.

So they didn't give you flight time?
You didn't pay for and receive a DC-9 type?

I think you got what you paid for, champ. You might suck arse as a pilot, but as the saying goes, "Pay peanuts, get monkeys."

Best of luck. In your case, that seems to mean "good luck crossing the street without getting whacked by a bus, even though the sign says 'WALK'".

Can't declare bankruptcy...thanks to George W. for changing that law. I am finding my way out...it's just a matter of time... So instead of doing something productive with my time to contribute to the glory of aviation, I now have to slave away to pay the debt. Good times... :)

This may seem harsh, but...

Scenario 1) You took a risk. You took out globs of money, passed training, and took a gamble on historically one of the most unstable industries in the world...and you got burned. The industry tanked and CAPTs didn't deliver. Now banks want return on a contractual loan agreement that you signed. And it's George W. Bush's fault?

Now, lets look at another angle.

Scenario 2) You took a risk. You took out globs of money, passed training, and took a gamble on historically one of the most unstable industries in the world...and you land a job. You repay the loan, as agreed. For years on end, you repay this loan. Every month. You sacrifice. You deprive yourself. Still, this risk lives with you month after month, repayment check after repayment check. This risk, gone sour, could have ruined you (as reality dictates).

And now, here's the kicker of Scenario 2 : You pay taxes. LOTS of taxes. Your income is stripped from you because of others who leech off the system, never risked for reward, or are down on their luck. Paycheck after paycheck, you surrender a disproportionate amount of dollars from your reward from your huge risk (and hard work from the sounds of it). Social Security? You'll be lucky if you see a fraction of what you put into it...not to mention all of those other Ponzi scheme government entitlement programs.

With all of these taxes and examples of wealth redistribution: Now your risk is that much larger. Now your reward is that much smaller. Guess what? George W. Bush lowered taxes. And he changed the bankruptcy laws to prevent abuse. Did you think that the actions of government would (and should) bail you out? Who do you think pays for that bailout in the end? Everybody who pays taxes. You knew the risks of a loan and it didn't work out. Personal accountability: WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

It's not the ex-president's fault. It's the CAPT program's inability to deliver, and yours for taking that risk.

If you want to get pissed off about something and start blaming people, hold the gun the right way and aim correctly.

Unbelievable. Grow up. But good luck. Seriously.

Last edited:
I think before any of you jump down my throat, you should do a little research as to their business practices. I passed every class like everyone else. I graduated the program. I did my part. They didn't fulfill their part.

What you all don't know is the promises (read: lies) that they made before you walked into the door. They were pretty damn good at selling.

And no, I don't suck as a pilot. I was right up there with the rest of the other graduates. And the REASON I had high time was because I brought over 100 hours into the program. I already had my Private...but they wanted me to repeat it so that I can do it "their way". While I was there, I decided to fly more outside of the program, to distinguish myself above and beyond the photocopy resumes that every other cadet had. Believe me, I knew that their 225 hours of loggable total time wasn't going to impress any airline...I wanted more on my logbook.

Mickey,

They promised that the program was going to be completed in 10-12 months. I budgeted and based on my decision on 12 months. It took over 18 months.

They promised 7-9 "guaranteed interviews" and that "if you could graduate from CAPT, you are a sure hire"...those were THEIR words to us. It wasn't until we got there that we all realized that they got our money, had a $20,000 withdrawal fee, and they had NO airline affiliations. They managed to convince ASA and Pinnacle...and shorted a good handful of graduates into some cargo start-up (Focus Air) out of Ft. Lauderdale promising them FO positions on 747-200's after 2 years of service. Everyone that went there lost a lot of time to discover that was a lie.

They promised us G1000 trainers and G1000 Twin Stars for multi-engine training. We ended up getting steam gauges (which isn't the end of the world but it also wasn't what was promised), and the DA-42 was another exaggeration.

We all saw the writing on the wall, but what can you do when they got your money, and they were stringing you along with lies and empty promises? In that position, you shut up, don't make enemies, don't stir up the pot, and do as they say. After all, they got your balls in their hands. You'd be an idiot to stir up problems when they had your future in their hands.

They also promised us airline interview preparation class which was 3-days long. We got a 30 minute version with a pat on the ass that says, "be yourself". Yeah, I already knew that part...tell me something I don't know. Oh wait, they promised that they would, but didn't.

They didn't send out my resume to any airline until 5 months after graduation. Why? Because the program director at the time is incompetent. I have e-mails to prove this. Not that it matters since my career in aviation was effectively destroyed the minute they went over 12 months.

Anyway, I'm not going to convince any of you anything. You already made up your minds about me. It's okay, I'm happy that this program is going down. And all you need to know is that they are now playing the same song and dance with 160 souls who don't deserve the CAPT treatment any more than I or anyone else.

Mickey, today, I am working to pay my loan off. This is how I am taking ownership for the risk and chance and whatever else you guys want to call it with the CAPT Program. Some suggested I run out of the country and skip the loan. But no, I'm working to pay it off. Why? Because unlike CAPT, I have a sense of honor and integrity.

Max Q, you are absolutely correct. And I'm making a life mission to tell as many people as I can that CAPT is not the place to do your flight training.

Quite honestly, you all need to understand one thing. I have no intentions to pursue a career in aviation. Not that I don't want to, but I can't financially, and I'm not getting any younger.

My goal in life now with aviation is to tell people to avoid CAPT. That's it. End of story. Everything else you can speculate and judge without all the facts all you want. I really don't care. All I care is that people don't suffer any more at the hands of CAPT. It's just that simple with me now.

I ask again:

I ask again:

A whore can give you sex but I wouldn't exactly call it a relationship either.

But to answer your question, yes, they gave me 225 hours of loggable time in my logbook. Yes, I got a DC-9 type rating.

I could care less about the DC-9 type rating. It's a perpetual embarrassment to me when people see it on my certificate. The question you have to ask is, would you pay $101,000 for 225 hours of flight time and a DC-9 type rating? I was paying for their ability to show me the door to airlines with the low time I have. I could have gotten flight training anywhere, and plenty of people have gotten jobs at airlines without a type rating in a DC-9.

Thats nuts 101g's. Sorry bro you coulda got a college degree and all your ratings for that price and even thats on the highside.

A whore can give you sex but I wouldn't exactly call it a relationship either.

The irony is staggering.

But to answer your question, yes, they gave me 225 hours of loggable time in my logbook. Yes, I got a DC-9 type rating.
So you're peeved that you didn't get a job by buying one? Because you just admitted you got what you paid for.

I could care less about the DC-9 type rating.
Bollocks. You sure as hell did when you signed up, didn't you?

The question you have to ask is, would you pay $101,000 for 225 hours of flight time and a DC-9 type rating?
When I ask myself the question, I hear crickets. In fact, I hear echoing crickets. No, I don't have to ask myself anything. Why didn't you?

I could have gotten flight training anywhere, and plenty of people have gotten jobs at airlines without a type rating in a DC-9.
That's true. That was true before you paid for your training, was true while you paid for your training, and is true now.

I get thoroughly pissed when I read your rants about this program. You got fleeced, to be sure- BUT YOU GOT FLEECED. Not I, not the airlines, not Riddle, not CAPT. So you didn't get a job by paying out the wazzoo for a shortcut- boohoo.

What you also failed to do was get a frickin' job using what you spent a ton of money for! You could have, you did not.

STFU. Box o' Kleenex to the cockpit, please...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back