• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAPT Grounded - Karma Prevails!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amish, AGAIN, my goal is not to solicit sympathy. I'm over chasing the airline career. My ONLY goal is to spread the word that CAPT is not the place to train. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Amish, AGAIN, my goal is not to solicit sympathy. I'm over chasing the airline career. My ONLY goal is to spread the word that CAPT is not the place to train. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Change your message. Instead of saying "DONT GO TO CAPT!"

say...

"There is no guaranteed shortcut!"

I was perfectly content with paying for my CFI/II and instructing (I like teaching) or flying freight (I still want to), but I couldnt pass up the opportunity that happened to come along.

The problem is people think they deserve a job because of some "special" training they paid a lot of money for. Yes, that company may have given them empty promises, but if you listen to enough corporate earnings conference calls, you will realize every CEO makes empty promises. It's part of life, and there are always ways to get out of the legalities of making that "commitment".

Many of us have lost money making stupid decisions in life. You just lost a lot more than normal.

so do you think you could command a dc-9, now that you're typed in it? that deal sounds gimmicky. why woulda new pilot require a type in a dc-9? its a selling point. thats a lot of debt too. do you still have an interst in flying on the side? you should. maybe it'll revive some aspirations. also, talk to a lawyer or something. maybe this can get fixed.

This guy is living at home with his parents and paying back a 100K + loan. According to his posts from other threads, he has to pay back somewhere around $2K+ every month for a LOAN. Imagine working to pay $2K+ every month to some bank for what he perceives as a fruitless endeavor?

Call me what you will, but if I were in his position, I'd save the money I'm earning and start a new life. So what if you default on the loan. No one is going to lend you money wit ha low paying job and that kind of debt. I wonder what his CC debts are. He needs to move on with life. Paying that bill for the next 20 yrs is going to kill you, unless you have a well paying job, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Its not my fault I could not afford my mortgage, they gave me more than I could afford.

The credit card companies should not have given me $100,000 in credit if they did not want me to spend it.

It was not my fault I got drunk and killed those people, the bartender served me too much.

So what if my company lost a trillion dollars last year, I need a 50 million dollar jet and a 2 million dollar toilet with a 100 million dollar golden parachute.

IT IS CALLED ETHICS AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Something this country is lacking and is the reason we are in our situation.

Last edited:
so do you think you could command a dc-9, now that you're typed in it? that deal sounds gimmicky. why woulda new pilot require a type in a dc-9? its a selling point. thats a lot of debt too. do you still have an interst in flying on the side? you should. maybe it'll revive some aspirations. also, talk to a lawyer or something. maybe this can get fixed.

When I graduated, I felt very confident in flying that DC-9 simulator and run the procedures. As for commanding it, even I knew that I was a far cry from PIC in that type. It never ever crossed my mind. I knew back then, and I still support this sentiment that commanding a jet takes years of experience.

Yes, that DC-9 was a selling point. But not to me. It was a selling point for CAPT to sell to the regional airlines. The pitch they gave us was that "with that DC-9 type, you proved to the airlines that you can be trained and handle jet flying and that puts you a cut above the rest". Yeah, to me, flight time was more valuable, hence the reason why I decided early in my days at CAPT to fly outside of the program above and beyond the 225 hours CAPT gave us.

I do fly today, for fun. But it's getting to the point where it's rather boring and I'm finding myself exploring that envelope to keep interested, which, I also know is not a safe attitude. I'm working towards my CFI but it costs money and I don't have a lot of it to spread around...but at least I have time on my side to go at the pace that I can afford.

I did speak to a lawyer after I got out of the program and showed them all the literature and web site print outs at the time. The lawyer basically told me that everything I showed him was written by a lawyer to carefully deceive the consumer. He advised me that next time I decide to spend a vast amount of money to consult a lawyer first. And I think he's right. And hence, why I think it's absolutely important that people know that scam programs like CAPT is out there, and that they need to be aware. Fundamentally, I love aviation. And I hate to see good people befallen to a fate that I did because I was not well advised. Unfortunately, my message didn't reach the 160+ Chinese students who will walk out of there with nothing. And this incident is becoming very publicized and I'm hoping that the Chinese government will intervene since $16 million dollars is not exactly a small chunk of money they took from these students.

They didn't send my resume out to any of their "affiliates". I did ask them in Feb/2006 to send it to Air Wisconsin. Supposedly they mailed it out a whole month later. They had my resume since Oct/2005 ready to go. I guess it takes a lot to print out my resume, stuff an envelope, seal it, stamp it, address it, and mail it.

And no word from Air Wisconsin.

Did you try to send out your resume yourself or just rely on them to do it?

First off, I wouldn't be stupid enough to take on such debt in the first place. All my ratings were paid out of pocket and I owe zero from my flight training right through CFI's. No RJ bridge course or anything like that. It took me several years to go from a private pilot to a CFI all because I was not born rich. I had to work for my money at lousy office jobs and after almost 5 years, I managed to procure all of the ratings. It sure would have been nice to have parents to contributed maybe even $100 towards my passion. Nope. I got zilch.

I wouldn't pay back that insane amount for something I don't even have a onnection to. How can you sleep knowing you owe that kind of money for NOTHING? Don't think I lack financial responsibility, but if I were Ninja, in his particular situation, he's going to lose out on a lot of life by spending the next few decades paying back a loan that was fruitless. Unfortunately, HE SHOULD NOT pay it back. His credit is most likely shot anyway. I doubt he could increase his credit line or even attain a mortgage. He's living at home and working a low paying job. Accoridng to ojne of his posts, ALL his money is diverted into paying this enormous loan back. Is that fair for him? It's an option one needsto consider. The prudent thing would be to save up money you earn and use it to fund a new beginning, one not dependant on credit, but on savings.

A mortgage for a home which translates into value or an asset which appreciates is entirely different. For one, you own property which should appreciate in value. It's tangible and you live in it.

Its not my fault I could not afford my mortgage, they gave me more than I could afford.

The credit card companies should not have given me $100,000 in credit if they did not want me to spend it.

It was not my fault I got drunk and killed those people, the bartender served me too much.

So what if my company lost a trillion dollars last year, I need a 50 million dollar jet and a 2 million dollar toilet with a 100 million dollar golden parachute.

IT IS CALLED ETHICS AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Something this country is lacking and is the reason we are in our situation.

Ninja, I dont know how old you are, but this is going to drag your life down. Save your hard earned money. This is economy is in dire straits. You paying interst and principle towards a loan like that is insane. Let me ask you, how long has it been since you began payingthe loan back and how much of that 100K + has been paid off thus far?

I for one, think you should skip on that, especially if youre a young guy under 30.

Did you try to send out your resume yourself or just rely on them to do it?

I 2nd this. You sound like you where done with training when hiring was at peak. WTF did you not just make your own resume up. If you figured you payed them money to do it for you then you clearly thought you could buy yourself into this career.

First off, I wouldn't be stupid enough to take on such debt in the first place. All my ratings were paid out of pocket and I owe zero from my flight training right through CFI's. No RJ bridge course or anything like that. It took me several years to go from a private pilot to a CFI all because I was not born rich. I had to work for my money at lousy office jobs and after almost 5 years, I managed to procure all of the ratings. It sure would have been nice to have parents to contributed maybe even $100 towards my passion. Nope. I got zilch.

I wouldn't pay back that insane amount for something I don't even have a onnection to. How can you sleep knowing you owe that kind of money for NOTHING? Don't think I lack financial responsibility, but if I were Ninja, in his particular situation, he's going to lose out on a lot of life by spending the next few decades paying back a loan that was fruitless. Unfortunately, HE SHOULD NOT pay it back. His credit is most likely shot anyway. I doubt he could increase his credit line or even attain a mortgage. He's living at home and working a low paying job. Accoridng to ojne of his posts, ALL his money is diverted into paying this enormous loan back. Is that fair for him? It's an option one needsto consider. The prudent thing would be to save up money you earn and use it to fund a new beginning, one not dependant on credit, but on savings.

A mortgage for a home which translates into value or an asset which appreciates is entirely different. For one, you own property which should appreciate in value. It's tangible and you live in it.

I never said it was a smart move to get in that kind of debt, actually it was very irresponsible, but it is a move he made. He needs to man up and pay it. I think racking up huge debt and not paying it back should be criminal. It is theft plain and simple. It is obvious from your post and society at large that the majority of people do not feel fulfilling their obligations are the right thing to do. And that is why we are in this situation. It is really sad.

Latest resources

Back