Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No sir, that is reality.

Again, the minute you accept substandard wages you are the problem. By your own statement, you accepted what you determined to be substandard (or, more charitably, less than what you believe you are worth).

Arguing that I/we will negotiate rates up belies the fact that YOU have already set the bar lower when you started at the lower rate.

It is not about what MAY happen but what HAS happened.

Good luck,
Bob

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that a wage set nearly a decade ago has any relevance on what an acceptable wage is today.

Sorry to everyone else, but respectfully, WE ARE the industry. We are bigger than all our competitors COMBINED. Whatever we say the industry norms are is what they are, so I don't give a hoot about the NMB says.

I'm confused...is the industry the fractionals, or all aviation companies who fly people for payment? This statement makes it sound like just the frax, so why are there compensation comparisions to the airlines?

The market for pilots is the same as the market for jet fuel. All flying.

A tsunami is heading this way.

Right now there are people in aviation colleges trying to finish up their ratings but cannot due to a shortage flight instructors who have left for regionals.

Air Force Warns: We Could Run Out of Pilots | Foreign Policy

Pilot eligibility for $225K retention bonus expanded .
--------------------------------------------------------------

$225K bonus offered to guys that are making about $100K right now... and only about half are accepting it. This is what NJ will have to do if they dilly dally too much longer on this contract negotiation

Last edited:
No sir, that is reality.

Again, the minute you accept substandard wages you are the problem. By your own statement, you accepted what you determined to be substandard (or, more charitably, less than what you believe you are worth).

Arguing that I/we will negotiate rates up belies the fact that YOU have already set the bar lower when you started at the lower rate.

It is not about what MAY happen but what HAS happened.

Good luck,
Bob
Dude... Just cause you wanna act like a wage you pay is static doesn't make it so. I've seen wages go up and down over the years. The last 8 years companies were able to get pilots for less, now they cannot. When a college football coach is initially hired and produces and his demand goes up, usually he renegotiated his pay. You seem to be hell bent on the idea that whatever wage you initially negotiate for remains static in perpetuity. Wages go up and down based on demand and what is negotiated. I don't know why that's hard to grasp but I'm done explaining it. Carry on.

You are missing the point. This is not about dynamics, it is about the value you currently place on your service. You, and only you, set that value by your behavior.

Bob

I'm confused...is the industry the fractionals, or all aviation companies who fly people for payment? This statement makes it sound like just the frax, so why are there compensation comparisions to the airlines?

It's a matter of perspective. According to WB and JH, the industry is the fractionals. According to me, it's not.

Latest resources

Back