• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No really, I have no intention to give concession to a company that is so profitable. WB endorsed Obama, he can pay the Obamacare taxes personally for all I care.

Or was it to allow BNSF to haul oil instead of building a pipeline that would have created more jobs and cheaper oil??

BNSF had a train of crude detail and explode today.

Oops.

Why?

That's what we have now.

Status quo.

Yes, and the company is seeking a change that would bring it more in line with industry norms. The NMB will find that argument compelling, and won't be likely to release you as long as you hold on to that demand.

The truth of the matter is we are trying to save this company we help build. We are trying to improve not only our way of life, but, yours as well.

The corporate culture we are under now is horrible. If we don't change it I'm afraid we are all gonna be out on the streets.

I know you are on board, the written word on these boards often gets confused.

Take care, Semore

Semore - I get that. More than most. In my opinion, the biggest concern to all the employees is how Jordan and the current EMT are systematically dismantling what was once a great company. The other issues are peripheral in nature.

I couldn't agree more with your point on the corporate culture. It's the worst I've ever seen and steadily going lower. The EMT is riding on the coattails of the reputation that RTS built, but you have to wonder how long that will last.

All I was trying to do is give some constructive advice on how your message is being received. There are better ways to get the point across. The other employees may not have a vote on any pilot agreement, but their support in your fight is helpful, whether some see it or not.

Yes, and the company is seeking a change that would bring it more in line with industry norms. The NMB will find that argument compelling, and won't be likely to release you as long as you hold on to that demand.

Ok.

It's collective bargaining.

They want something we have.

What are you offering? Oh, a pay cut.

Um, no!

RLMFAO!!!!

We'll take whatever Delta has. The entire contract.

That's a good norm and still a good deal for them.

Smh.

We'll take whatever Delta has. The entire contract.

Prepare to never get a contract and never get released, then. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying that's how it is. Welcome to the world of dealing with the RLA and the NMB.

Prepare to never get a contract and never get released, then. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying that's how it is. Welcome to the world of dealing with the RLA and the NMB.

Given the state of this pilot group.

That's a bet to take.

992f67f512807426236ed57e7190dc90.jpg

The shareholders were VERY supportive.

Given the state of this pilot group.

That's a bet to take.

992f67f512807426236ed57e7190dc90.jpg

The shareholders were VERY supportive.

Talk to me in five years when you're still waiting on a deal.

Prepare to never get a contract and never get released, then.

That can cut both ways....if Hansell's mission is to get rid of all the unions at NetJets, management will be pushing to be released to "self help" where a non-negotiated contract will be presented to those pilots who wish to continue to work, the rest of us will be locked out.

If that's Hansell's plan, I suspect there is also a plan to keep NetJets going while our replacements are hired and trained.

It could get real ugly, real fast.

Latest resources

Back