• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Both Mesa GO! pilots fall asleep during flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone feel like we need more rest?

Maybe they were legitimately tired. Of course. A 35 minute leg doesn't really seem like it would wipe many out.

I hate to defend MESA, but in reality, the issue of "rest" is becoming a major concern.

I fail to see how you are defending Mesa... or were you referring to the pilots?

If you're tired, don't fly. What, are they going to fire you?

Soverytired: Everything was fine until "...Big. Frikin. Deal.". I know you don't really believe that.

-Brett

Last edited:
Are you kidding? Seriously.

Somebody block this ******************************-bag from posting.

Really? Here they are in contract negotiations, and instead of support from their ALPA "brothers", flightinfo is awash in a lot of anti-Mesa smack talk.

How about a little encouragement while they try to fight and raise the bar for everyone?

Last edited:
Soverytired: Everything was fine until "...Big. Frikin. Deal.". I know you don't really believe that.

-Brett

Yeah. If true, it is a big deal, but the bottom line is that no one got hurt.

For all the young flightinfo turks out there who have all the answers and never make mistakes, I remind you of this saying that will ring increasingly true the older you get and the longer you're in aviation:

"When I was a young man, I prayed for JUSTICE,
When I grew old, I prayed for MERCY
."

Last edited:
How about a little encouragement while they try to fight and raise the bar for everyone?

"Mesa" and "raise the bar" do not belong in the same sentence together. Raising the bar would have been refusing to help JO with his slash-and-burn operation in Hawai'i to begin with.

I can't believe this, but I'm actually going to have to agree with Soverytired. No one on this thread has any clue what happened on that flight, and if they did fall asleep, then we should be looking to use this to our advantage to improve flight/duty time requirements. Why are you guys trying to hang the crew? The crew isn't to blame for JO's horrendous scheduling policies. These pilots will get my full support until it's proven that they don't deserve it.

"Mesa" and "raise the bar" do not belong in the same sentence together. Raising the bar would have been refusing to help JO with his slash-and-burn operation in Hawai'i to begin with.
No Skywest management ball-licker has any business criticizing the pilots of any airline. Back to your cubicle!

Latest resources

Back