Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier to sell 120 planes to NETJETS???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you should worry more about the impending furlough you're about to go through. From what I hear you Guys are still 250 fat. We are doing just fine here at flex(in terms of being right sized).Good luck!

Impending furlough? HA! The CBA has a minimum staffing level that NJA has to maintain. If you subtract 250 pilots, that's the number our seniority list will be at. It doesn't take a wizard to see where they came up with the number. I don't believe NetJets could maintain the integrity of the schedule with that few pilots. They have been working me to the bone, and in my opinion they cut too deep with the first round of furloughs. .

Management is getting ready for section 6 bargaining. They are trying to intimidate us. I GUARANTEE that they will use that (as well as dangle a carrot of 120 Globals) in order to try for contractual concessions. Its just business, just like trying to increase our market share by taking Flex out. Its just business.

Last edited:
fischman, I hope you're not flying tired......professional pace and all.

I have called in fatigued twice in the past two tours. I flew tired at the regionals before. I'll never do it again. :beer:

G4dude, after this comment made by you:

I used to fly for Flex, enjoyed the time spent there, and I agree with warlord19 and B19. I'm just one pilot among many who would rather negotiate/relate with the company as an individual rather than be represented by a third party. With all due respect.

I have ZERO respect for you or anything you have to say on this matter. You've clearly showed your true colors and what you stand for. You have no sense of unity and you sure as hell have no respect for your fellow brothers and sisters. Luckily, you're part of a minority and you always will be.

If you visit our union message board, you know who I am. I challenge you to repeat that statement on our website where you'll be more than just a "fly" screen name. How about it? How much of a man are to stick by your beliefs? Otherwise, you're just a coward hiding behind some lame alias.

Hope to see you stick by your morals.

I have great respect for my "brothers and sisters", respect for them as individuals instead of part of a group. That's all. Your bilious and vile comments validate my feelings about union crazies and prove people should not drink and post. By the way, the union crazies are well known as our poorest pilots. They are extremely well versed in the Contract and all the protections it contains, however.

Union crazies? My feelings on the matter actually have nothing to do with the union. It's about showing loyalty to the men and women you work with before allowing some other company to come in and take the spot that is rightfully theirs. You say my comments are "vile." How exactly? You say you respect the people you work with but don't seem to show any loyalty to your fellow NJA pilots who are currently out of a job. Perhaps it's because you weren't "here" when the furlough happened. Who knows, but try to remember that you're part of a much larger group now. While we may fight amongst ourselves and come across harsh sometimes, when push comes to shove, we all ban together when the situation requires us to. You haven't seemed to grasp that yet. By all the comments you've made so far, it's easy to see that you are about you. Whatever is good for you is what's important. You'd like nothing more than to negotiate your own terms with management but sorry jack, those days are over. It's all about equality now. What's good for you, is now good for 3000 other pilots.

Buh-bye Mr. Bubba Man!

Even though it didn't go to the NMB, it still would have been in their best interest to have had a union and a representative at the integration LOA bargaining.

It would have been nice if the NJA pilots had someone representing their interests too, considering how one sided that deal was.

actually...

G4dude, after this comment made by you:

I used to fly for Flex, enjoyed the time spent there, and I agree with warlord19 and B19. I'm just one pilot among many who would rather negotiate/relate with the company as an individual rather than be represented by a third party. With all due respect.

I have ZERO respect for you or anything you have to say on this matter. You've clearly showed your true colors and what you stand for. You have no sense of unity and you sure as hell have no respect for your fellow brothers and sisters. Luckily, you're part of a minority and you always will be.

If you visit our union message board, you know who I am. I challenge you to repeat that statement on our website where you'll be more than just a "fly" screen name. How about it? How much of a man are to stick by your beliefs? Otherwise, you're just a coward hiding behind some lame alias.

Hope to see you stick by your morals.

After it became apparent NJA was going to furlough a bunch of pilots, I advocated all of us taking a 10 percent pay cut to save their jobs. My fellow pilots to whom I told my idea were not amused. Neither was my wife. :) True story.

After it became apparent NJA was going to furlough a bunch of pilots, I advocated all of us taking a 10 percent pay cut to save their jobs. My fellow pilots to whom I told my idea were not amused. Neither was my wife. :) True story.

What assurance from the company did you have that would be acceptable?

Latest resources

Back