Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier to sell 120 planes to NETJETS???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, flex will continue on doing what we do...shrinking the fleet, laying off, deception from the top, do I have to continue??

his pride cost him his job and brk millions. He could have bought the challenger 300 and put flexjet out of business. pride got the best of him. he cant be dumb enough to think the beechjet would be better for the customers than the cj3. he figured he would buy a ton of crap for cheap and the owners or pilots wouldnt care. pride cost employees jobs as well.

Have you ever been in a CJ3 ?

Obviously not. The 400 blows the CJ3 away in all respects. CJ3 is "rinky dink".

rajflyboy said:
The 400 blows the CJ3 away in all respects.

You've obviously never flown and/or been a passenger in either airframe.

How many CJ3s have sold in the last 6 years relative to the Beechjet, again?

Wow thats a lot of airplanes. Have you Netjets folks been told what these airplanes are for? I is the fractional market in that category big enough to support that order?

But either way, congrats to Netjets, its a nice plane and a nice move by your company.

Not a good day to be a flexjet pilot however...

Gulfstream doesn't have to make special deals. They have a waiting list to buy the planes they are building.

Thats because their airplanes are the best Corporate Jets in the world.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jet_setter_dogfight_for_wings_dY44RQtBAuBKBUDqy4VyJJ

My guess is the waiting list gets shorter and shorter as NJA gradually sells off there combined fleet of nearly 50 G-IVs, 450s, Vs, 500s and 550s. Sure many will still want the new bird, but quite often the used Gs go for more than new prices. That will change with the volume NJA will be adding to the market as the Globals come online. The NJA airframes certainly won't be going for more than new since they will have a lot of time on them, but that many will have an effect on the market. I guess I would prefer for NJA to have stayed with Gulfstream, but if they aren't willing to deal, then I guess I'll have to hope the customers like the bigger tubes and that the mx doesn't eat us up.

My guess is the waiting list gets shorter and shorter as NJA gradually sells off there combined fleet of nearly 50 G-IVs, 450s, Vs, 500s and 550s. Sure many will still want the new bird, but quite often the used Gs go for more than new prices. That will change with the volume NJA will be adding to the market as the Globals come online. The NJA airframes certainly won't be going for more than new since they will have a lot of time on them, but that many will have an effect on the market. I guess I would prefer for NJA to have stayed with Gulfstream, but if they aren't willing to deal, then I guess I'll have to hope the customers like the bigger tubes and that the mx doesn't eat us up.

Its all just Business at the end of the day.

Any guesses to eventual consolidated fleet plan?

First, as a CL300 driver, let me say that I love my airplane (not Flexjet or XOJet). I like almost everything about it. True that it isn't a Global, but I can vouch for the quality and performance that I experience on almost a daily basis. Other people may have different opinions. Personally, I'd be very happy to have the extra range and the extra room in the back of an XRS or Global. Too bad the Embraer 450/500 wasn't ordered - those airplanes with their sidesticks/FBW look pretty slick...

Are any of these Globals going to Netjets Europe or are they primarily NJA bound?

So, what does the "eventual" consolidated Netjets fleet look like - say in 2015-2020? Any guesses? Are we talking primarily Embraer Phenoms, XLS, Sovereigns and the Globals/XRS? What about the new Citation Xs to replace the older versions? I realize a lot can change in 5-10 years (dart to a dartboard).

Last edited:
Other than having an even more diverse long-haul fleet for a short term, I think this is actually a pretty smart move for both Bombardier & NJA.

I'd bet Bombardier gave a steep discount to NJA to secure a sizable fleet order,

Yep, Gulfstream doesn't have to sweat having a loss leader.

Good luck with that customer support.

Yep, Gulfstream doesn't have to sweat having a loss leader.

Good luck with that customer support.

I doubt that anyone is really worried about this. Not a fan of Bombardier, but they do know the business.

There has been several posts about customers buying into these airplanes, but the fact is that nobody is rushing to buy a fractional interest in an a/c. Sales are still down from the glory years and customers know the market and owning a piece of an a/c still isn't that exciting to most of them.

Owners are better business people than those running aviation companies and one has to question, who is going to pay for these new units?

Latest resources

Back