Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier to sell 120 planes to NETJETS???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DUATS, Artvandalay, you guys mind connecting the dots for me...I'm not arguing here just wondering what makes you guys believe this order is a huge blow for flexjet?

Why is this NJA bombardier order so "bad"?? comments like " flexjets guys work on our resumes", "Flexjet has managment but no leaders" "no chance for flexjet recalls", etc.. i find it hard to believe that an external affair can have so much impact on internal matters at flexjet... Would you guys be singing the same song had Sokol ordered more Gulfstreams or Falcons???

As far as NJA buying Flexjet- I'm about to start my 7th year at Netjets. I have not heard anything about "Netjets buying Flexjet". With 495 pilots on furlough I doubt Sokol wants to stir that pot by adding a few hundred more, and 3 more fleet types.

This particular Global cockpit looks a bit dated by today's standards (i.e., Planeview in the G450/550) but I have seen worse:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bomb...76680/L/&sid=a18fa0e3f8e9e868cbfb571d68984cb7

Did the press release say you guys would be getting a newer avionics package? What was it called - Global Vision? Will all of your Globals have the new cockpit? At least it looks wide and more roomy for those longer flights...

Check out this Global XRS video (clearly an advertisement - I am sure the Gulfstream fans will disagree with many of the "best in the world" claims) - the brief cockpit review is roughly at 3:30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u2Z6Gq3cAw&feature=related

All in all, it looks like a nice ride with a comfy cockpit. I'll trade in my junky ERJ any time if anyone is interested...

G6

But the public who will buy these shares in a heavy jet want Gulfstream. I keeping hearing that hit song (not that it is good) --"Like a G6, I wanna fly in my G6, I wanna fly like my G6" -- the other doesn't have the same ring to it "I wanna fly like a Bombardier Global Express Vision XRS, like a Bombardier Global Express Vision XRS". Just doesn't sound the same.

Latest resources

Back