• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bogus pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bottom line, who would lie about being a military pilot, I have seen several of those who could not fly a simple ILS. Would not brag on that.

inthewind said:
When I was a new hire at Atlantic Coast I was going through systems on the D-328 and the instructor f-in hated me. Because hed had been telling everyone that he flew F-4s in the Marine Corps. Even kept his squadron coffee cup on his desk, with the shiny NFO wings on it. I had to laugh at him cuz he and I both knew that those wings stand for NON FLYING OFFICER. I used to wear my leather flight jacket to class with the real wings on it just to irk him. ROFLMAO

Wind,

Just curious here......you flew Cobras and F-16s? How did you pull that off? Honest question...not a flame.

Archie Bunker said:
Wind,

Just curious here......you flew Cobras and F-16s? How did you pull that off? Honest question...not a flame.

In the fleet I flew Cobras but as a Natops and Out-of controlled flight Stan guy at Whiting I got 2 one hour rides where I got all the stick time in f-16s. Pretty cool but the aerobatics in the turbo weenie were much more fun and the snake was 100 times harder to fly.

tracearabians said:
Well the most interesting thing in this thread is your avatar!!!! WOW!!!:nuts: :beer:

She's a no kidding lingerie model for a very famous company!

pilotyip said:
NFO= Naval Flight Officer, he was a flying officer, but not in the pilot's seat. NFO's often had mission controll authority, and could direct the employment of the weapon system, except for safey of flight issues. I worked with many very cool NFO's.

Me too but this guy was passing himself off as a Marine F-4 pilot. He hated that I could call him on the BS

con-pilot said:
I will try to look up this case, however, I far as I know it is true.

Pardo's Push

You found the story. A copy of the picture is on the wall at FlightSafety in Tucson signed by Pardo. Someone told me he was there for recurrent in the Lear and had a FSI instructor/co-pilot in the sim when he performed a roll on the ILS with no deviation from the localizer or glideslope just to prove to them it could be done. Don't know anything else about the guy except he was a sharp stick and rudder pilot.

Gatorman said:
Ok, I got it. There is no way they could have started the engine without a GPU. It does not have the capability to cross-over bleedair start. I did hear that the Air Force version later had an APU installed.

Many thanks, Gatorman. I appreciate it! :beer:

Fblowjet, I was a military pilot, I flew in the active Navy for 11 years, The first time I ever shot an ILS was when I got out of the active Navy and got my ATP. It was passable, I have had to convert ILS indications to PAR call outs in my head to pull it off. We did not have ILS's in our airplanes, all precision apporaches were PARS'. Would like to see some first time PAR's civy pilots to compare to your military pilots having trouble with ILS's

CorpLearDriver said:
I think the best bust I ever heard was during and airline interview. The applicant had a lot of DHC-6 Twin Otter time in his logbook. So one of the interviewers asked him to describe the emergency gear extension system on the Twotter and this guy went into elaberate detail about the emergency blow-down system and all. They thanked him for his time and told him they'd get back to him. As he walked out into the lobby, another applicant asked him what some of the technical questions were. He told him about the Twin Otter question and the other applicant asked him incredulously what he answered. The guy once again explained, in front of a number of other pilots and was told the Twin Otter has fixed gear. I would have loved to see the look on his face.

I think this falls under the category of "If you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with Bull$hit". I'm sure they were baffled, but more likely by the applicant's idiocy to think he could pull the wool over their eyes. Too friggin' funny!!! :nuts:

Would like to see some first time PAR's civy pilots to compare to your military pilots having trouble with ILS's

I'm all civilian, however, I did learn how to fly (up to my commercial, father was an Air Force pilot) at Air Force flying clubs, so I did have a little understanding about PARs.

But it wasn't until I was flying 727s, 20 years later, before I started doing PARs for real. The best PAR controllers were at Navy Miriam (sp?) for jet aircraft.

I have to admit it was a little hard to get use to again, but after a while it was pretty routine, as long as you had a good controller.

Latest resources

Back