Bogus pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do people need to lie?

Ahhh...a question of the millenium. Why people can't simply be happy that they're pilots is a mystery to me. He11, I remember when I got my SE Private, my friends thought it was awesome. Now, I fly corporate/charter and they still simply like me for who I am. They don't think anything more of me 'cuz I fly a jet. They think it's neat, but they wouldn't care if I flew the Falcon or a 172 - they just bug me for rides all the time!! :cool:

The guys who scream, "Look at me, I fly fighter jets", and lie about it....Pffft, low self esteem wannabes. I'd hate to fly for a week with them, mostly because I've flown with a Dust Off helo pilot from Viet Nam who actually earned his 48 Air Medals, 3 Distinguished Flying Crosses, Silver Star, Commendation Medal with Combat "V", and the Purple Heart. He never told me a thing about it. Not a word. I heard it from a guy who's flown with him for over 20 years and then I looked it up on a Vet website. Now, THAT's how a real hero acts. No braggodacio. Period.

Liars f'ng disgust me. Especially when there are people out there fighting for our freedom.

I know a woman who used to lie about being a pilot, and the planes her family supposedly owned. She told us they owned 3 citations and get this...a 16 seat Mooney. Of course every plane she owned, was suddenly in maintainance in Oklahoma everytime some of us wanted to see them.

I went to high school with her, and her grandfather and mine had actually done some flying together. This woman also has the ugliest tattoo you have ever seen, of a mil pilot helmet and oxygen masket on her ankle (looks more like an elephant head and trunk since it is all the same color of dark).

She got married to a USAF pilot, who was in C-17s last I heard after 141 and ENJJPT IP time. He was actually a pretty good guy, if he only knew....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back