• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloch Interpertation and 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy that concession cut for 7years. And make sure those mortgage gets paid.

My mortgage is paid for now but I had to cut the membership to Cannongate along with other cuts. I voted yes, and like I said before. I used to be a lifer at (Mesaba) Pinnacle, but now I am moving on. I voted yes to move on...on my own terms...not under Chapter 7 terms. I think the most important part of being able to move on is currency and if we went to Chapter 7 I would have 90 days to get another flying job. My money to pay the bills would last a good 6-9 months, but currency is only good for 90 days.

You know with all this bantering you guys haven't even gotten to the real issue...

Legacy 9e wanted ratio'd lists. This is what they got. The legacy 9e union wanted a lot of interesting things but ratio is what won the day.

I think the numbers were 279 XJ to 89 9e (sorry I don't remember the exact numbers) to generate the ratio for CRJ900 pilots. Because the Bloch award maintains this ratio, that means with the new aircraft coming on line - the ratio continues for legacy XJ pilots to legacy 9e pilots.

Interesting development.

Legacy 9E wanted ratio lists? No, 3 pilots on the merger committee wanted a ratio'd list, with ZERO input taken from the 9E pilot group.

My mortgage is paid for now but I had to cut the membership to Cannongate along with other cuts. I voted yes, and like I said before. I used to be a lifer at (Mesaba) Pinnacle, but now I am moving on. I voted yes to move on...on my own terms...not under Chapter 7 terms. I think the most important part of being able to move on is currency and if we went to Chapter 7 I would have 90 days to get another flying job. My money to pay the bills would last a good 6-9 months, but currency is only good for 90 days.

Did you get a new job? If so congrats. Did you get on at Spirit?

Yes, which is why even if they asked for a 50% paycut, it would have still passed. You can't put a price on currency. Run out of it, and essentially you've run yourself out of the industry.

Latest resources

Back