• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill Gates New Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't Part 125 required if "seating capacity of 20 or more passengers or a maximum payload capacity of 6000 pounds or more..."? Gulfstreams can fall into that category if it has a lite BOW, in that case you get the reduced ZFW ASC and/or 91 deviation.

Where were you when we needed you?

Computer Geek said:
That is the interface group - Venetian's CEO Sheldon Adelson

The Tail Number is his one of his kids Birthday the MS is Miriam and Sheldon he is such a romantic!!

CG

Amazing. Finally someone came up with the owners name for the 767 in the first frame of this thread. Thanks. I knew that they had bought the airplane but did not know anything about the paint scheme on it.

fokkerjet said:
Isn't Part 125 required if "seating capacity of 20 or more passengers or a maximum payload capacity of 6000 pounds or more..."? Gulfstreams can fall into that category if it has a lite BOW, in that case you get the reduced ZFW ASC and/or 91 deviation.

Bingo!

And Spooky - it's Yucaipa....

GV

GVFlyer said:
Bingo!

And Spooky - it's Yucaipa....

GV

Thanks for the correction. Should have that down pat by now as a good friend just started working over there at the beginning of the month.

I am a liitle vauge on the baseline requirements for Part 125. There is a Part121/135/125 rule making committee that has just finished up with their recomendations for a new Part 125. I cannot imagine any reason to put a Gulfstream or any biz jet on the existing Part 125 since you cannot hold out for charter. Currently the ideal combination for a B757 or any larger jet would be Part 125, with a 91 exemption, thus eliminating most if not all the onerous paper work and documentation. I am sure that the new 125 will have the look and feel of existing Part 135.

I've never heard of any "corporate" operator operating under 125.....can't say I understand the reg much since our old fleet of turboprops are operated under 125 as freighters by their new owner; why not 121?

I'm sure (correct me GV if I'm wrong here) the reason for the high ZFW limits on Gulfstreams are in part to allow for more uses for the airframe. As corporate birds, you can basically outfit the interior to any configuration you want and still carry lots of payload. Outside of corporate use, you see Gulfstream's in lots of other rolls where the high ZFW is an asset. We used to operate a GIII with a cargo door installed (GIII demonstrator) that would allow the airplane to be utilizied as a combi, freighter or special ops airplane. I think it was posted earlier about the Embraer and GEX begining unable to meet their special missions roll because of the weight of the equipment being installed, then Gulfstream finally getting the nod for the job.

orgins of part 125

fokkerjet said:
I've never heard of any "corporate" operator operating under 125.....can't say I understand the reg much since our old fleet of turboprops are operated under 125 as freighters by their new owner; why not 121?

I'm sure (correct me GV if I'm wrong here) the reason for the high ZFW limits on Gulfstreams are in part to allow for more uses for the airframe. As corporate birds, you can basically outfit the interior to any configuration you want and still carry lots of payload. Outside of corporate use, you see Gulfstream's in lots of other rolls where the high ZFW is an asset. We used to operate a GIII with a cargo door installed (GIII demonstrator) that would allow the airplane to be utilizied as a combi, freighter or special ops airplane. I think it was posted earlier about the Embraer and GEX begining unable to meet their special missions roll because of the weight of the equipment being installed, then Gulfstream finally getting the nod for the job.

I think that Part 125 first came into being when the automakers started using aircraft to support their production lines and it evolved into what we see today, a very unregulated, and to a certain extent unaccountable type of certificate. Would expect that to change shortly.

Interesting that you mention the Glll with the freight door. Gulfstream sold a demonstrator with the cargo door, hard points, etc. to Polaris Aircraft Leasing in SFO and then leased it back for a year or so to take to all the big airshows. When the lease was up, Polaris was stuck with selling it and at the time I was working for AMI in SFO. We tried every trick in the book to move that airplane but we had no takers except perhaps one close deal with Southern Air Transport. What ever they had planned was real hush hush and the funding from Congress just was not there. I thought the aircraft went to Norway, which already had several similar Gulfstreams in service, but perhaps this is the same aircraft we were trying to sell at that time. Don't remember the serial no. but I think it was an AC aircraft.

Spooky 1 said:
The B757 in BUR bleongs to the Ukipyia Corp. Never sure of the spelling so forgive me on the name. It is a B757-200-2J5. The Venetian recently bought the B767-300. It came out of the Middle East somewhere. As for security I know nothing about Bill Gates policies or procedures, BUT, please remember not all security is plainly visible to the casual observer. I do not believe you could put any Lear, Falcon or Gulfstream on a Part 125 cert. Absolutely not possible and there would be no business reason for it as well.

I'm (or was, I don't have to deal with that much crap anymore) usually more than a casual observer when I dealt with some of that real VIP crap (For the record, I don't miss it either). I was privy to the obvious security stuff, and when it came to the "men in black hiding in the bushes" I wasn't too sure that anybody outside the government was actually privy to their presence.

I find transport category aircraft (outside of the BBJ) that are operated outside of the airlines just really, really fascinating. Their operators, mission profiles, and heck even 125 in general just really piques my curiosity.

To whoever cares: Can I at least get credit for guessing the operator of the original 767 correctly?

smellthejeta said:
Just out of curiosity, what company in that list operates the 757 at BUR? Out of further curiosity, are the companies that fly transports on behalf of the US Government (but not registered/operated by the USAF such as the 89th) in that list as well? I would have pegged the guy as flying for mideast jet, but discussing the LJ60, FA50, and GV make me wonder as I *think* mideast jet only holds a Part 125 cert. The other question is is it accurate to assume all four of the those aircraft are on the same certificate?

David Thomas and Mohamed al Hanno at Mideast Jet operate a fleet of Bombardier products in addition to their Boeings. They probably got a special package deal that included Ski-Doo snowmobiles, SeaDoo watercraft and a light rail system.

I've known Mohammed since he was a co-pilot for Saudi Medevac so I've been on their B767. Of course, it's not a Gulfstream, but it does have a special forward compartment for the principal's Mercedes. I think their B777 was the first application of an electronic flight bag on the triple seven if you like those large aluminum overcast type aircraft. Personally, I think about 91,000 lbs (G550 MGTOW) is about perfect for a personal/business aircraft. ;)

GV

Preferences

GVFlyer said:
David Thomas and Mohamed al Hanno at Mideast Jet operate a fleet of Bombardier products in addition to their Boeings. They probably got a special package deal that included Ski-Doo snowmobiles, SeaDoo watercraft and a light rail system.

I've known Mohammed since he was a co-pilot for Saudi Medevac so I've been on their B767. Of course, it's not a Gulfstream, but it does have a special forward compartment for the principal's Mercedes. I think their B777 was the first application of an electronic flight bag on the triple seven if you like those large aluminum overcast type aircraft. Personally, I think about 91,000 lbs (G550 MGTOW) is about perfect for a personal/business aircraft. ;)

GV

Tell me honestly what would rather be in a G550 for a 12 hour leg, or a Boeing 757 for a 12 hour leg. I think you have done both, so I would value your opinion. I know that looking at crew that gets out of either a GEX or GV after 12 hours, or there abouts, looks beat up compared to the Boeing guys. I would not consider the BBJ in this question simply because the cockpit and especially the noise factor just does not make that airplane a contender for the comfort level one would wish for.

Latest resources

Back