Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
How much it pay and hows QOL?

OMG I've been rolling on the floor laughing for ten minutes at that comment!

Bill Gates?

Illini Pilot said:
i know he has/had a global because he flew into CMI to talk at U of I last year.

also, if you search that tail # on a.net, there is another picture and its at Boeing Field. i would tend to believe that this is a MS/Bill Gates a/c

I'll make it as plain and simple for you as I can. This airplane does not belong to Bill Gates. It is not based at KBFI.

bigD said:
About a year ago, a privately owned 747SP came to Austin and did a couple of touch and go's before coming to a full stop. I'm not sure what they were doing, but it was amusing to see such a plane do pattern work like a 152. Perhaps the owner was just having a good time?

I remember the good old days (read: before Level C/D simulators) when NWA would drop in at my home airport in everything from Convair 580s to B747s and shoot appoaches all day long.

At my current home we see solid white B737s and B757s practicing. I have no idea who they are (no identifying marks or registration) but I'm guessing it's the USAF. Next time they're in town I'll have to get the scanner out and listen for their callsign.

2000Flyer

Spooky 1 said:
I'll make it as plain and simple for you as I can. This airplane does not belong to Bill Gates. It is not based at KBFI.

Then who does the Challenger & Global belong to? Melinda?

Last edited:
I think he was talking about the 767 in the beginning of this thread. It is confusing, though.

Being a married guy, I wouldn't be surprised if the Challenger and Global did belong to Melinda!

G100driver said:
Then who does the Challenger & Global belong to? Melinda?

Boeing manuals

757BBJ_Capt said:
My God. It was 4 in the morning, and I took a quick glance and now all of a suddun I am a poser? You guys are killing me here. They look nothing alike? Hmmmmmmm, twin jet with wing mounted engines, fat fuselage, boeing product, but oh yeah, the are as different as night and day. I'm glad none of you all have ever made a mistake. Lord knows I have made my fair share.
As for having 7K, look, when you get a break as a young pilot flying with the Big Boys, you tend to get the ratings that come with the job, no matter your seat. (hired at Fortune 5 right out of college with 900 hours). Not everybody gets lucky like that, and that's why I believe in giving back.
By the way, recurrent is every 12 months per airplane (UPS and FSI) and it is not that bad at all. Gulfstream requires more brain power than the 75 (as long as nothing is going wrong!!)

Can you tell me if you are using Boeing Plan 11 books for your Boeing 757? If not maybe you could tell us what Boeing manuals you are using. The Plan 11 books are pricy and being a Part 91 operator of the 757 I suppose you could just use any old manuals. Just curious.

757BBJ_Capt said:
My God. It was 4 in the morning, and I took a quick glance and now all of a suddun I am a poser? You guys are killing me here. They look nothing alike? Hmmmmmmm, twin jet with wing mounted engines, fat fuselage, boeing product, but oh yeah, the are as different as night and day. I'm glad none of you all have ever made a mistake. Lord knows I have made my fair share.
As for having 7K, look, when you get a break as a young pilot flying with the Big Boys, you tend to get the ratings that come with the job, no matter your seat. (hired at Fortune 5 right out of college with 900 hours). Not everybody gets lucky like that, and that's why I believe in giving back.
By the way, recurrent is every 12 months per airplane (UPS and FSI) and it is not that bad at all. Gulfstream requires more brain power than the 75 (as long as nothing is going wrong!!)

You are right, I do think you are a poser. Accrding to UPS contract training they do not have any corporate clients other than the 89th. You have never responded to any technical questions I have asked, and I have never seen anyone other than Ukypa or VFM at any Boeing users conference. I guess Boeing doesn't know you own the aircraft? Duh! Maybe you just flew a 57 at some airline but you certainly don't sound like a "corporate 757" pilot.

Go ahead, make my day. Fortune 500 B757 operator? Big BS'r! Probably all those other ratings are just a figment of your vivid imagination as well.

You ask me a technical question, and less than 2 hours later I have not answered it so I am a poser? I do not have the luxury of sitting on my computer all day fielding questions from some guy with nothing better to do. Fortune 500 B757 operator? Nope. We are not ranked on the Fortune list. We are a privately held company (that means we don't issue stock) so our wealth/holdings are not disclosed, as they are required to be by companies that are publically traded. How do you think Fortune gets those numbers? You don't think they just called up CFOs and do a survey do you? Never you mind what manuals we use, or how any aspect of our operation is run. Just know you'll never work here. Don't write back telling me you would never want to work here, because I can assure you, you would. Finally, the price of a manual(s) or any other piece of equipment needed for our aircrafts (that's plural) in no way factors into whether we buy them or not. Keep that in mind and get your facts straight before you write to me next time.
Spooky 1 said:
You are right, I do think you are a poser. Accrding to UPS contract training they do not have any corporate clients other than the 89th. You have never responded to any technical questions I have asked, and I have never seen anyone other than Ukypa or VFM at any Boeing users conference. I guess Boeing doesn't know you own the aircraft? Duh! Maybe you just flew a 57 at some airline but you certainly don't sound like a "corporate 757" pilot.

Go ahead, make my day. Fortune 500 B757 operator? Big BS'r! Probably all those other ratings are just a figment of your vivid imagination as well.

This guy is a complete phony. AKA: POSER

757BBJ_Capt said:
You ask me a technical question, and less than 2 hours later I have not answered it so I am a poser? I do not have the luxury of sitting on my computer all day fielding questions from some guy with nothing better to do. Fortune 500 B757 operator? Nope. We are not ranked on the Fortune list. We are a privately held company (that means we don't issue stock) so our wealth/holdings are not disclosed, as they are required to be by companies that are publically traded. How do you think Fortune gets those numbers? You don't think they just called up CFOs and do a survey do you? Never you mind what manuals we use, or how any aspect of our operation is run. Just know you'll never work here. Don't write back telling me you would never want to work here, because I can assure you, you would. Finally, the price of a manual(s) or any other piece of equipment needed for our aircrafts (that's plural) in no way factors into whether we buy them or not. Keep that in mind and get your facts straight before you write to me next time.

Your mempry must be very short as we have corressponded via PM on more than one occasion. You have never been able to share any technical information about your aircraft which is completely out of character for anyone that operates the B757 in other than an airline role. I'll say it again so everyone who reads this can grasp you bogus qualifications. You do not work for either Ukypa, or Vulcan which are the only two "corporate" flight operation in the US that fly the B757. You continue to dodge even the simple questions, I cannot image anything technical coming form you tegarding the B757. Here is a very simple question. Exactly what model of the B757-200 do you operate? I don't give jack about the N number simply because it does not exist.

When you want to continue this discussion and you can provide even the most basic information that is not proprietary then maybe someone will listen further. Once again regarding UPS contract training. They are very clear about the fact that they have no corporate customers at the moment. Perhaps you could just share a contact name at UPS. Just a name...........simple as that! In the mean time please don't spread all the BS about your background, Fortune 500, and how lucky you have been. Probably don't have any of the ratings that list on your Avitar.

Latest resources

Back