Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please, go ahead and make my day

757BBJ_Capt said:
Spooky, we dropped this and you had to rehash it, so here we go. I will give you 1 opprotunity to retract the above statement. You did infact ask for some advice and you said some other things that you would not want posted here. The date was 3-30-2005. Check the PM I wrote you on that same date in response to your PM that I speak of, and you can apoligize like you said you were going to, as your answer is there about the AUX tanks. Your failure to retract that statement will leave me no choice other than to post the screenshot of your full statement and then to refresh that memory of yours, I'll make sure I fax a copy of it over to your Hanger. As you put it, Maybe that'll be the next move Monday morning. You want this to get nasty? You got it. Tick Tock.

Please go ahead and post my PM to you. Nothing there that I am ashamed off. Also inspite of your continued BS, you never have addressed the aux tank issue. Please post anything that you have on this subject as well. You continue to say that you have responded, if so please show us all. I will pm you with the fax number for our office so you don't have to waste any time looking it up. BTW the next to pm that I sent after your 3-30-05 pm was to another member of this website asking him if he thought you were a poser. Your a poser, a phonie, and a really big bluffer and BS artist. You have been watching to many Hollywood movies and playing to many computer games. I think by now we all recognize your stchick.

Standing by for your post and don't edit anything

Private Message: FW: B757 Recurrent and or initial training
Today, 15:53
Spooky 1

Aircraft Experience: Lots
Flight Experience: Civilian
Ratings: ATP with lots of ratings
Total Time: Plenty FW: B757 Recurrent and or initial training

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757BBJ_Capt
We do cross qualify. We have 4 airplanes, 3 pilots per plane. Simple enough. So, out of the 12 pilots, EVERYONE flights the Lear60. The 757, GV, and DA50 are the only choices that the pilots have. Of course everyone was excited when the Boeing came on board, so EVERYONE got typed in it. We did that so there would be no anomosity, jealousy, and quite frankly, as a incentive for the other pilots to stick around if they ever wanted to fly it. We assigned the 757s pilots based on 2 things. Who volentered the most the previous year to fly extra, who did things that they were not required to do the previous, and then the final factor was those who worked on the aircraft's aquisition. We gave all the pilots the chance, based on senionity, to work with Boeing, our people, and the completion center before we ever even order the airplane. The guys that blew it off and said let someone else do it are not flying it today because they assumed that they would be just because they had been here the longest. Our newest pilot, myself, and a guy that has been here 6 years got the assignment. The other planes are based on need. If you want to switch an aircraft, you have to find another pilot that is willing to trade with you. If you are an F/O, you must swap with an F/O. We dont care how much they want to change planes, just as long as everyone is happy with the arrangements. As for the pilots wanting thing such as ratings and a better schedule; that way I look at it, that's fine and all, but at the end of the day, it's not about what the pilots want, it about what they need to operate safely and the wants/needs of the company. Who cares that Joe has a better schedule than Bob? If one of them does not like it, they can quit. There is no reason for the company to incur those costs just to make a pilot happy. I assume they are getting paid a good wage, have a decent schedule, and are treated well. With all that said, personally I would try to do all that I can to make them happy, but if the costs do not support whatever benefit the comapny will gain by doing those things, I would not lose a wink of sleep over it. Pilot have these egos (not saying that is the case here) that tell them the have this and that coming to them. I don't see it that way. They are ina good position to have what they have, and if that is not enough, goodbye. I dont say that to be crass, but there has to come a point where you put your foot down and say look, you have it pretty good here, and I am sorry you don't get the good trip or the type rating you want, but we don't have a need to go that route at this time, so I'd like to see you stay, but if us not paying for a type that we don't need you to have right now is going to be a sore spot, please resign. Here, we like for the guys to go to training events, so getting a new type is something we don't mind paying for as long as it can be justified, and with only 3 pilots for each aircraft, it can always be justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757BBJ_Capt
HI. We have a contract with UPS. Their level of instruction is top notch. We are very satisfied, though it is quite expensive. Was in class last time with Airforce 2 guys, and we did not know they trained with them as well, so if it's good enough for them it is good enough for us. We have only had the aircraft for 8 months, so a lot of this is still new to me. I hired a guy from AA on a 1 year contract. He was on furlough and had 1000 hours in type, so he has really taken the lead on the aircraft and he might be able to share more insight with you. I am a hands-OFF type of manager, so I just turned him loose with the 75 and he has done all the leg work for the most part. He wants to go back to the airlines, so we are going to lose him sometime in the next year. We made him a full time offer we thought he couldn't refuse, but I guess the airlines have some type of spell over him, so we'll be looking again if you know of anyone. I'll pass along this msg to him and let him know if you have anymore questions to make himself available to you. Good luck, and I hope I have answered your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky 1
If you don't mind me asking, where do your B757 crews do there recurrent training and where ever that might be are you pleased with the product? we are reviewing our options now and any insight to another operatprs experience would be helpful.

Spooky 1

Here is a second post. Was wondering if your operation cross qualifies the Boeing guys onto the corporate aircraft assumming that you are operating something else beside just the Boeing. That is a BIG issue in our hangar as both sides want to cross train but the CP has problems with this. Most of it is financial and he has a point that can be hard to overcome. The Boeing schedules are just way better than the GV or GEX and those guys want some of that scheduling. The Boeing guys want some of the corporate flying so they can enahnce their ratings if something were to happen and they found them on themselves on the street. All of us fly at least one other aircraft so the dual qual is not totally eliminated. I fly the Boeing and the Twin Otter on floats and if I had a say in it, I would be happy just flying the Otter. Way to much fun for an old fart like myself.

Thanks for sharing the info,

There is the whole message for anyone to look at and comment. Note the work with Boeing comment from this guy. No one at TBC has ever heard of any other US corporate operators with the exception of Vulcan and Ukypa (sp). Can you believe this "I hired a guy". More BSSSSSSSS

Last edited:
Nice job Spooky! I thought he might have been a Poser, but I don't know anything about the 75, to refute his BS. Now I know for sure he's a Poser.

He knew so much about radars, that he had to take the shot at the Citations radar. If so, he would know that many citations, and even my measly old 400A have all the features he used to throw stones at the citation pilot. In his infinite wisdom felt that we and his stupid co-pilot would not understand.

Wouldn't the blue and white 757-200 that Pace operates for the ball team and charter clients count as a corporate 75?

Though I don't know how many seats it's config'd for, it does have those windowless spaces in the fuselage that I associated with a corp config'd airliner. Saw it as GSO this weekend, and used to see it almost every week at INT back in the early 2000s.

Minhberg the Unrated FO Extrordinaire
:D

Snakum said:
Wouldn't the blue and white 757-200 that Pace operates for the ball team and charter clients count as a corporate 75?

Though I don't know how many seats it's config'd for, it does have those windowless spaces in the fuselage that I associated with a corp config'd airliner. Saw it as GSO this weekend, and used to see it almost every week at INT back in the early 2000s.

Minhberg the Unrated FO Extrordinaire
:D

I am certainly not familiar with all of the Pace aircraft but I think it's fair to say that if it is on a Part 121 certificate, that it is not a corporate aircraft. The Dallas Mav's certificate ride on the Pace certificate and there airplane is very nice inside, not a corporate feel as much a very nice airliner (read sports team chariot). At any rate the typical Boeing corporate configuration is much more like a head of state aircraft than anything in the airline world. Having said that I was on one of the 89th's aircraft awhile back and while it is nice, and over the top with technology, it was not what any GV/GIV type of operator would consider luxurious.

semperfido said:
spooky...with all due respect...you are way out on a limb and no safety net...fido

Not sure where you are coming from be it concern for my welfare, or the thought that maybe I am wrong about this guy. There are a host of things that I have not devulged about B757BBJ Capt. and at the moment there is no reason to go further as I think the point has been made. BTW, his comment in his PM to me where he implies that he attended recurrent along with the 89th crew is over the top. Other than the fact that no one knows anything about this operation at UPS, the real zinger is the thought that anyone other than a bonafied 89th crewmember would be in attendance during one of their recurrent training session. Pilots doing recurrent at Alteon/Boeing do not mix with other operators during recurrent as one might see at either FSI or Simuflite as each operators manuals are custom designed for that particular operator. Systems tend to be pretty much the same but it is suprising just how many varitions to something like an electrical system can show up in the same model aircraft. I don't know, but I wonder if the BBJ crews are mixed during recurrent? I would expect not.

Believe me please. This fellow is not a B757 corporate Captain. Probably not a B757 Capt at all based upon some of his comments. Also sounds like he is getting pretty frustrated with his "tick-tock" comments. Corporate security has been alerted.

Spooky 1 said:
Pilots doing recurrent at Alteon/Boeing do not mix with other operators during recurrent as one might see at either FSI or Simuflite as each operators manuals are custom designed for that particular operator. Systems tend to be pretty much the same but it is suprising just how many varitions to something like an electrical system can show up in the same model aircraft. I don't know, but I wonder if the BBJ crews are mixed during recurrent? I would expect not.

QUOTE]

Not completely true. We train at Alteon and have had other operators attend class with us, just like you would expect at FlightSafety/ Simuflite, but they were not 121 types; 91 only. Alteon is more in the business of "renting" out their simulators verses conducting classes led by Alteon instructors. For our aircraft, they have one full time program manager / instructor, and they have one part-time guy who comes in during the winter season who is also an Airbus instructor.

fokkerjet said:
Spooky 1 said:
Pilots doing recurrent at Alteon/Boeing do not mix with other operators during recurrent as one might see at either FSI or Simuflite as each operators manuals are custom designed for that particular operator. Systems tend to be pretty much the same but it is suprising just how many varitions to something like an electrical system can show up in the same model aircraft. I don't know, but I wonder if the BBJ crews are mixed during recurrent? I would expect not.

QUOTE]

Not completely true. We train at Alteon and have had other operators attend class with us, just like you would expect at FlightSafety/ Simuflite, but they were not 121 types; 91 only. Alteon is more in the business of "renting" out their simulators verses conducting classes led by Alteon instructors. For our aircraft, they have one full time program manager / instructor, and they have one part-time guy who comes in during the winter season who is also an Airbus instructor.

What type of aircraft are you training on? As I had indicated before I suspect that BBJ pilots may do the group thing but I know that the B757 types are not doing that simply because we are using different manuals and our aircraft are pretty much one off as far as systems configurations. You would believe a couple of unusual system configurations that we have in our aircraft. My original point was that the 89th does not share a classroom with anyone. There is a current B757, 89th pilot in this forum but I would not want to identify him and put him in the spotlight so to speak. He does train at UPS and that about all I can say. They used to train at Alteon and I think there is still training done at Alteon/Boeing Seattle for those who fly the "black" 757's that have been mentioned from time to time in this forum. Are you using Alteon in MIA or someplace else? As you probably know the Alteon facility in Seattle has reverted back to a "Boeing" facility. Very confusing sometimes to keep track of who is on 1st.

Latest resources

Back