• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill Gates New Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My God. It was 4 in the morning, and I took a quick glance and now all of a suddun I am a poser? You guys are killing me here. They look nothing alike? Hmmmmmmm, twin jet with wing mounted engines, fat fuselage, boeing product, but oh yeah, the are as different as night and day. I'm glad none of you all have ever made a mistake. Lord knows I have made my fair share.
As for having 7K, look, when you get a break as a young pilot flying with the Big Boys, you tend to get the ratings that come with the job, no matter your seat. (hired at Fortune 5 right out of college with 900 hours). Not everybody gets lucky like that, and that's why I believe in giving back.
By the way, recurrent is every 12 months per airplane (UPS and FSI) and it is not that bad at all. Gulfstream requires more brain power than the 75 (as long as nothing is going wrong!!)

MVSW said:
I think that you guys are RIGHT!! Lets see here

Here has a type in 757/767,GV,BD700,DA50/900 with less that 7K. Iam sure that there are guys that have this but I bet you a$$ they can tell the difference between a 76 and 73 which look nothing alike. He says that he is a CA on a 75 and GV for a corporate department. I bet recurrent training every year SUCKS!LOL

Snakum said:
About a year ago, a privately owned 747SP came to Austin and did a couple of touch and go's before coming to a full stop.

Now THAT would be cool to see! :D

Minh

This might not be quite so cool, it may possibly be thread drift, but when I was working on my PPL at KDSM, I once practiced landings on the parallel runway to an E-4 (NEACP US Airforce "Doomsday" 747-200) out of Offutt, who was also practicing touch and goes (or shooting instrument approaches - he wasn't exactly doing his downwind leg at 800 ft agl).

Gladly, there was enough separation between runways that wake turbulence wasn't a problem. I think a 747-200 vortex at low speed would have made pretty short work of the Traumahawk I was in.

Oh, and by the way, before I'm "outed" as a poser (wouldn't I come up with a better resume than mine if I was?) when someone notices that KDSM doesn't have parallel runways, KDSM redid their runways a few years back, eliminating the small parallel runway I was assigned when I flew out of there.

Last edited:
757BBJ_Capt said:
My God. It was 4 in the morning, and I took a quick glance and now all of a suddun I am a poser? You guys are killing me here. They look nothing alike? Hmmmmmmm, twin jet with wing mounted engines, fat fuselage, boeing product, but oh yeah, the are as different as night and day. I'm glad none of you all have ever made a mistake. Lord knows I have made my fair share.
As for having 7K, look, when you get a break as a young pilot flying with the Big Boys, you tend to get the ratings that come with the job, no matter your seat. (hired at Fortune 5 right out of college with 900 hours). Not everybody gets lucky like that, and that's why I believe in giving back.
By the way, recurrent is every 12 months per airplane (UPS and FSI) and it is not that bad at all. Gulfstream requires more brain power than the 75 (as long as nothing is going wrong!!)

get thicker skin, you are letting some poor live with mommy dork RJ F/O's get you all worked up.

;) .

757BBJ_Capt said:

Never mind

Last edited:
Well, what can I say but you are right. I've been lucky, but I have worked extremely hard for what has come my way and it angers me a great deal when someone calls my integrity into question. I've always been a firm believer in politeness and attitude. Those 2 factors alone will open doors for a person that would normally remain closed. If baffles me as to why I do not follow my own advice at times. Thanks for the comment.
Gulfstream 200 said:
get thicker skin, you are letting some poor live with mommy dork RJ F/O's get you all worked up.

;) .

It's not free, but it is the best. Used UAL for initial, then switched. An Airforce 2 crew was there when we were in for our last one. I think all the airlines will let you into their classes, provided you actually operate what you are getting trained on and you have the means to do it. Money is money and they'll galdly take it. No hand holding though, you need to be able to keep up.
psysicx said:
UPS does outside sim training?

bigD said:
About a year ago, a privately owned 747SP came to Austin and did a couple of touch and go's before coming to a full stop. I'm not sure what they were doing, but it was amusing to see such a plane do pattern work like a 152. Perhaps the owner was just having a good time?
Maybe he was just doing his 3 touch n go's to get current for carrying passengers. :D

I saw a C-17 do a touch n go in Long Beach a couple weeks ago and I was thoroughly impressed by the spectacle.

Latest resources

Back