• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyw is buying up stock to raise the price at the demands of the major shareholders, primarily mutuals and large corporate holders, per Rich and Kraus. There won't be more mergers, but I believe we will shrink as staffing becomes an issue and capacity moves up to ml.

I wouldn't be surprise if in the longer term portions of the operation r sold off to larger carriers as ml realizes the only way to staff the large RJs is to fly them themselves. This segment of the industry is going to shrink and inc will sacrifice us to preserve skyw.

The most brilliant summation of events yet! With the top leadership there, it was nothing more than a fancy way of letting the pilot groups know, on all sides, that we cost too much.

With Skywest Inc. buying up quite a bit of stock, I'm expecting another aquisition and merger. That's what happened last time, just before Inc. bought ExpressJet. Whether it's Pinnicle, Eagle, or someone like Spirit or Virgin America, nobody knows but management. However, something is happening and a plan is in place. Only question is "when" it's going to happen. Spirit or Virgin would explain the 100 seaters we have on the horizon. I believe they are working out "Jet Blue", volume II.

SkyWest will be mainline and Exjet will be their regional...

It won't matter if we cost too much when none of us are left in a couple of years. See how expensive it is when there isn't anyone to fly your plane.

Latest resources

Back