• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as the Atkin family maintains complete control of the company, its all just a pipe dream. SkyWest Airlines is their baby and they will not allow you to taint what they've spent 40 years creating.

As long as the Atkin family maintains complete control of the company, its all just a pipe dream. SkyWest Airlines is their baby and they will not allow you to taint what they've spent 40 years creating.

Exactly what he said. It's all just a pipe dream.

It has nothing to do with family. It's all about business and the bottom line. The second that the BOD feel that it's good business, they will do it regardless of anyone's relation. Doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean we cannot influence that decision, it just makes it what it is.

It has nothing to do with family. It's all about business and the bottom line. The second that the BOD feel that it's good business, they will do it regardless of anyone's relation. Doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean we cannot influence that decision, it just makes it what it is.

Who do you think is Chairman of the Board? Jerry Atkin

Who owns the controlling interest of company stock? The Atkin Family

Good luck, Nevets.

Not that I disagree with you, Xpoo, but if you glimpse into the not too distant future you can see there will be quite a big challenge for Inc. Why is the Inc Board talking to all the groups? Why are they changing their MOP now? Because in about 3 years the hiring wave at the legacy Carriers will hit its full stride and there's very few coming up through the flight schools... Think about it for a second... Delta alone is gonna need in the neighborhood of 7000 pilots in the next 10 years AND THATS 1 Airline...... Throw in Unical, American, USAir, Southwest and that number gets unfathomable... Brad Holt and Charlie Tutt have already admitted they don't know exactly what they're gonna do. Its becoming harmful to Inc. when XJET hires a pilot that SkyWest can no longer
And vice versa. You can slow attrition slightly by allowing people to live where they want to, and give new hires the whole country to be based out of.

Inc isnt going to have a baby if they don't adapt. I believe they will and part of that process will be integrating the pilot group as a whole.

You wouldn't like my answer, but suffice to say the SKW side will be just fine. XJT/ASQ? Draw your own conclusion. I'll let you know when they start breaking ground on a third building here at HDQ, but until then its all smoke and mirrors.

You wouldn't like my answer, but suffice to say the SKW side will be just fine. XJT/ASQ? Draw your own conclusion. I'll let you know when they start breaking ground on a third building here at HDQ, but until then its all smoke and mirrors.

So you eliminate the ASQ side and somehow shrink to profitability on the SkyWest side? There arent enough pilots on the regional side, they're headed upwards. ASQ is in Delta's backyard, i guess SkyWest would give that up as well? Or would they just take over? And then with what pilots?

Well, SKW is already profitable. Maybe it goes something like this: Inc operates some 500 50-seat or less regional jets and turboprobs. As those aircraft are retired, I dont see Inc replacing those 1-for-1 with 70-90 seat regional jets. Maybe more like a 2- or 3-for-1 swap. SkyWest mabe shrinks from 754 aircraft to 500. There's one way to eliminate your need for more pilots. But during this process SKW grows while ASQ shrinks. Just a theory.

Latest resources

Back