• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who do you think is Chairman of the Board? Jerry Atkin

Who owns the controlling interest of company stock? The Atkin Family

Good luck, Nevets.

Good luck with what? Has nothing to do with luck. You are not understanding what I'm trying to say. Once the BOD, as a whole, regardless of the chairman, decide something is best for the bottom line, that's when it will happen.

The Atkin family owning any shares is irrelevant unless they buy enough shares to take the company private. Everyone knows they are in it for the long haul so there is no credible threat they will cash out take their money with them. It's the institutional shareholders who hold the real power. If any of them start to cash out, especially some of the big players, then the stock will start to come down. They are the ones who the BOD will listen to.

Anyway, now you have me curious. Please post a link that shows how many of these controlling shares the Atkin family owns. I'd be surprised if its close to 15% but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Anyway, now you have me curious. Please post a link that shows how many of these controlling shares the Atkin family owns. I'd be surprised if its close to 15% but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I think the board has seen enough from every other unionized airline out there to agree with Jerry and the gang that you all remain seperate. Can't put it any simpler.

What I'm getting at is...Inc will never leave the state of Utah. Salt Lake City is a huge stretch, Atlanta isn't even on the radar.

Never insinuated they would. Inc's been down in St George so long I'm sure they own the building they're in. However, Xpoo, I'm sure you know by now that the dynamics of the Airline Industry are changing rapidly. It is going to be a whole different market atmosphere than we've seen before. Tell me, if Mr. Atkin is so hell bent on keeping things separate, why then did he arrange a meeting with SAPA, ASA and XJT? He also brought Brad Rich. Intriguing. Additionally, why was Mr. Atkin stripped of his Presidency of the Board?

Perhaps in the next 5 years, legacy Carriers + LCC's are going to need 10,000 pilots give or take a few. Where do you think a majority of those pilots will come from? If the Airlines under Inc stand at about 7500, it's safe to say based on percentages alone, the vast majority of that percentage will come out of the Airlines under Inc. (Biggest Regional). How do you go about replacing them? Have you seen the numbers on pilots coming up through the flight schools?

Now I agree, the fleet will get smaller and replaced with aircraft. Inc still faces a shortage that they have never seen before. Is it just coincidence on the timing of this special meeting that involved Mr. Atkin and Mr. Rich?

Additionally, why was Mr. Atkin stripped of his Presidency of the Board?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Atkin is still CEO and Chairman of the Board of SkyWest, Inc. The position of President had been transferred to Rob Rener at SkyWest Airlines when ASA was acquired and Inc. was formed as a holding company. The position of President did not exist at the Inc. level until Brad Rich was promoted last year. On what basis do you claim Atkin was "stripped" of his Presidency?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Atkin is still CEO and Chairman of the Board of SkyWest, Inc. The position of President had been transferred to Rob Rener at SkyWest Airlines when ASA was acquired and Inc. was formed as a holding company. The position of President did not exist at the Inc. level until Brad Rich was promoted last year. On what basis do you claim Atkin was "stripped" of his Presidency?

No sir, Ron Reber was President of Skywest Airlines, up until last year, Jerry Atkin was President and CEO of Skywest Inc. He was relieved of that position and Brad Rich filled it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back