Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could be a way to park the ERJs.

You said this on the pipe and were immediately corrected as to how that would not be possible. If we were flying ERJs for Delta, maybe, but we're not and haven't been since September 2nd, 2008.

Honestly be carefull of all of a sudden we want to merge the groups! Look what it did to 9e, xj, and 9l Im not saying i favor 3 lists and a whipsaw, all I am saying is that if suddenly management wants to do it, there is a reason. The training costs associated with cross training fleets are huge.

Honestly be carefull of all of a sudden we want to merge the groups! Look what it did to 9e, xj, and 9l Im not saying i favor 3 lists and a whipsaw, all I am saying is that if suddenly management wants to do it, there is a reason. The training costs associated with cross training fleets are huge.

One list, joint contract, bankruptcy, contract gutted, everybody FUBAR. Good point!

You said this on the pipe and were immediately corrected as to how that would not be possible. If we were flying ERJs for Delta, maybe, but we're not and haven't been since September 2nd, 2008.

I'd be careful to say impossible in aviation. Management will always win the big battles while making us think we won something. No I don't thing the ERJs willmgomanywhere until they're replaced.

Could be a way to park the ERJs.

There already is a way to park ERJs.

I'm sure there would be some kind of seat lock. Isn't there already a seat lock of sorts anyway?

There already is a way to park ERJs.

I'm sure there would be some kind of seat lock. Isn't there already a seat lock of sorts anyway?

your management is smarter than ours, well our past management anyways. But Delta wanted us in Chapter 11 so we had no seat locks and people could bid whatever they wanted too as long as the quotas were met. We had people going from saabs to 900s and 200s to q's. It was all planned on our part which is why i said that if management suddenly changes for our good, it usually doesnt end up staying good.

Ps. If there is integration, the employees choose the representation not the company, so we can all be treated equally with equal representation, and the skyw guys won't get the extra koolaid parties from sgu. There has been whip-sawing, but with at least some of the group being alpa, the company has been motivated to keep the rest happy to prevent more organizing. If we were merged and gave up representation (I DONT CARE WHAT SGU TELLS YOU, SAPA IS NOT REPRESENTATION) there would be nothing to prevent the company from imposing its own compensation and work rules on the whole pilot group, which is their end game.

So what happens if 40% of ASA votes no ALPA, 90% of SKW votes no ALPA, and 20% of XJT votes no ALPA. run the numbers and tell me if you get 51%. Sounds to me like Uncle Jerry is trying to rid himself of your pesky little union once and for all. Your prediction may not actually be that far off.

Remember people... they're playing chess, and he just put ALPA in check.

So what happens if 40% of ASA votes no ALPA, 90% of SKW votes no ALPA, and 20% of XJT votes no ALPA. run the numbers and tell me if you get 51%. Sounds to me like Uncle Jerry is trying to rid himself of your pesky little union once and for all. Your prediction may not actually be that far off.

Remember people... they're playing chess, and he just put ALPA in check.

We can all make assumptions about numbers, especially since Skywest voted ~65% against ALPA last time. But in your scenario, it would depend on what other union (SAPA for example) was also voted for. Then it would be the plurality of the majority (50%+1).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back