B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP4user said:
Run along now, aisle 14 needs to have some pillows realigned.

Aisle 14? ::bemused shrug::

And another thing, stop with the vitriol. Calling an employee group names like "smurfs" does not increase your credibility. In fact, it makes you look petty. Enough.

Cheers.

SCR

koko nw said:
2. Cleaning the cabin is a different thought process. But no different than helping your loadmaster with a quick turn in the military. Its a Leadership/teamwork thing I am surprised more folks don't understand. (and hot young FA's smell better than loadmasters and their smiles of appreciation warm my old heart) quote]

I can second that :) especially in the reserves where the loads tend to be on the back half of their careers.
It's kinda of sad when were slamming the blue drivers for helping out their fellow employee's...I know for a fact that at my legacy carrier, it's a US vs THEM kind of attitude....Sad really, when CSR's , F/A's and mechanics have this us against them attitude,instead of trying to work together to put out the best possible product. It really serves no real purpose but to make for a crappy working environment.

Best of luck BLUE.

Koko

You are a class act KOKO. Thanks for the kind words.

Juice

Didn't SWA sell a 737 early in it's history in order to avoid a loss? I believe that the sale of the aircraft put SWA into the black that year (I forget which year).

SWA has gotten a lot of kudos for that, as demonstrating out of the box thinking.

Is JB's sale of 5 planes much different?

KC-10 Driver said:
Didn't SWA sell a 737 early in it's history in order to avoid a loss? I believe that the sale of the aircraft put SWA into the black that year (I forget which year).

SWA has gotten a lot of kudos for that, as demonstrating out of the box thinking.

They even bought, flew, and sold a different fleet type (727s).....

Last edited:
They even bought, flew, and sold a different fleet type (727s).....

Did SWA pilots fly those?

I thought I remember reading that they contracted out that flying for a short time while waiting for some 737 deliveries. Not sure, but that's what I seem to remember...

Wall Street Journal June 20 2006
JetBlue Airways Flies Above $12 Technical Resistance

JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) has finally flown above the $12 technical resistance level. The $12 price barrier that resulted after a JetBlue shares gap down open on February 2006 has left the stock with little opportunity for significant upside movement. However, the situation appears to be changing today, with shares of JetBlue are higher by $.71 to $12.24 on nearly three times average volume. JetBlue is receiving some strong interest after the airline sector got some positive comments from Merrill Lynch analyst Michael Linenberg. The analyst said in a research report that he may boost his earnings projections for several carriers and Morgan Stanley analyst William Greene also believes that the industry will outperform over the next year.

Hey Dh2WN,
This is the Wall Street Journal I have been referencing. Which one were you looking at?

Last edited:
aircraft cleaning

I have about 400 hrs now with blue and i have to admit i think my block time for cabin cleaning might be just under an hour.. by the time i get out of the flightdeck and say my goodbyes to our customers there is only enough time left to take the bag off the co pilots armrest and walk back maybe the first 10 rows and toss some left over cups and headsets.. thats it no more no less..

All it takes is a little cooperation between the cabin crews and the four day trip goes great.

I have flown with a captain who is known for treating the cabin crew like crap and refuses to do anything extra.. My two days with him sucked.. I will take the team approach anytime..

It is funny how the guys that don't work here obsess over the " 5 yr contract " and " cabin cleaning" It is really quite amusing because at blue it is never discussed.

32Lt and JP4 please feel free to pick this post apart and quote it as necessary for the benefit of your regular scheduled bashfest

Last edited:
JP4user said:
Sparky...I don't fly for United so you need to start over.

I am glad you are "hoping" the wage rates will go up. I didn't relaize management can be pressured with the collective will of "hope". LMAO. Hope..that's rich.

Quick upgrades may be a thing of the past. Did you catch the little hint that Neeleman threw out about "the possibility of more aircraft sales"? Or is it that the upgrades into the 190 plus your hope they will pay more going to take care of this? LMAO again.

I agree with you about ALPA or APA or SWAPA or any other labor organization. But as you ignored before, on their worse days, you have far better protection with them than you do with your 5 year contracts. Any worries if a new management team replaces the present guys because their performance is lacking and decides to become aggressive against labor there? How quick would some of those 5 year deals be renewed for those who decide that the hope is non longer working anymore and they try and organize? Or try to spread the word that things are not all well in Blueville as you are being led to believe.

I never waited with my thumb in my a$$ for the crew van. Is that a JB thing?

Sparky??? Did you make that one up all by yourself? Real original. So you say you are not 32. I would have to assume Dave Seigel then. We have not seen him for awhile. Why the name change?

I did not ignore your post about union protection either. It is not in JBLU's interest to have a union on property so I think they will probably dance just short of the line where a union would be looked at. What mgmt wouldn't? But that being said, pay will go up soon. By the way, you should ask the bubbas over at NWA, DAL, UA, Eastern, Peidmont, US Air, ALK, Braniff and tons of others how ALPA hooked them up. When times are down you are basically screwed...union or no union. How many JB pilots are on the street after their losses? I invite you to start your own thread when that happens.

Lastly, about the thumb comment. Right. That is almost exactly what you said. "I don't help out at all. It denegrates the profession." So, METAPHORICALLY you sit around with your thumb in your ass. I just hope you don't suck it later considering all the whining you do.

Latest resources

Back