B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big_al said:
not only do you not understand business, you dont even know what is going on in the industry.
Ohhh, OK. You're right. That's why my portfolio hasn't had a losing quarter in the last 4 years.

so all these majors getting rid of a lot of aircraft to focus on profitable routes and lower their payments for crews, aircraft leases, etc are just doing it for kicks? Try again.
Ummm... maybe it's YOU who should try again. Try to actually READ what I posted you ignorant pr*ck.

I specifically stated that IF B6 was getting rid of those aircraft and concentrating on redeploying their aircraft ON PROFITABLE ROUTES, that it would be a good move. Or did you miss that part of my statement? Idiot.

you get your yields up by lowering your costs, focusing on profitable routes, and having less airplanes to fill up. Did you get your MBA from ERAU?
No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... which is obviously a better place than where you obtained yours. Here's a newsflash moron:

YOU DON'T GET HIGHER YIELDS FROM HAVING FEWER REVENUE GENERATING ASSETS. Your exact statement said "you get your yields up by...having less airplanes to fill up". So where's the revenue coming from? Did you say something about rocket science, genius?

Higher yields come from increased revenue. Lower costs are PART of the equation, but revenue is the winner every time when it comes to the yield game. Since we can't control oil prices, the 2nd biggest problem is depressed ticket prices (which is the revenue problem we're having now in this industry, in case you hadn't noticed).

Or maybe you're just a mangement puke preaching lower costs through concessions?

Well, I ain't no rocket scientist, my portfolio goes up and down with the stock market, I didn't attend any of the military academies, I probably ain't half as smart as all you fellars here on flight info, but the last 5 jobs I rode into the dirt started "cutting costs by selling airplanes".

Lear70 said:
YOU DON'T GET HIGHER YIELDS FROM HAVING FEWER REVENUE GENERATING ASSETS.

Why is it so hard for some of you to understand that the airline is not down-sizing? The airline is still growing...just at a slower rate. If you fly aircraft for a living surely you can comprehend this. It's like adding, we are just using smaller numbers for a while to eventually get the same sum. Is it..."I just want them to fail so bad..."?

arthompson said:
Ok first of all Neeleman may be Mormon, but I doubt he has 12 wives, thats just low and uncalled for. Second Raymond Burr was Perry Mason and Ironside, Donald Burr ran Peoples Express.

Are you sure?

( I wish there was a sarcasm font)

32LT10 said:
The bills come due at some point and whether Needleman will have the cash on hand at the time or pull a Kerry Skeen and excerise his "genius" to put the finishing touches on the B6 future.

I was thinking the same thing. Selling 5 aircarft will just increase their debt load though it will look good on the balance sheet for 1 or 2 quarters.

I see a little independence air, people's express, and midway in B6's future.

DH2WN said:
I was thinking the same thing. Selling 5 aircarft will just increase their debt load though it will look good on the balance sheet for 1 or 2 quarters.

I see a little independence air, people's express, and midway in B6's future.
WTF? Getting rid of 5 320's profitably while emphasizing 190 growth and still taking new 320's at the new competitive rates (caused by all the legacy bk's). Might as well throw in the towell. DH2WN--The noted and acclaimed financial guru, citing another genius in financial dynamics, 3210lt, has looked into his crystal ball and after exhausting research has predicted the demise of B6. Might as well have the auction tomorrow.

Last edited:
huh?

DH2WN said:

Can someone please explain how selling 5 aircraft will increase debt load?

Read on another post that AA is bailing on 19 757's oh yeah i forgot that is smart business for every company out there except jb..

I cant even begin to tell how much i hope Virgin America begins operations.. At least I will then be able to read posts about jb that are not complete bash sessions by the one nut wonders on this board that are completely obsessed.

clickclickboom said:
Can someone please explain how selling 5 aircraft will increase debt load?
5 years of putting money in an aircraft to turn around and sell it to buy a new one increases your long term debt. Doesn't matter what the new rates are. It looks good on paper for the short term but the debt increases. Kinda like buying a car but selling it then buying a new one just before you pay it off. It'll save you on maintenance month over but long term debt increases. I cannot dumb it down any more than that.

If you still don't get it. Ask yourself, why doesn't SWA sell all their planes that are 5 years old and just buy new ones? I wonder why Delta doesn't sell all their aircraft and just buy new ones? Mmmmm....B6 is brilliant and everyone else is wasting money. Doesn't increase their debt, right?

At the end of the next quarter go to google.finance.com and look up the quarterly statements. Assuming the 5 aircraft will be on the books that early. Compare it to the last quarter. You will then understand young grasshopper.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back