Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
WHAT??

You don't "save cash to keep from raising prices", especially by selling aircraft (which is what is generating your revenue).

If they combine this sale of aircraft by redistributing existing aircraft to routes where the yields are higher and/or RAISE prices (which is how you make money in aviation), then the move will be well worth it.

If they can't get their yields up, then you might see more of this happen as their new aircraft come online unless they can defer deliveries for a while. An all-ERJ fleet won't help things either... Almost identical operating cost from what I hear.

They HAVE to get their yields up (which happens to be a problem everyone has right now, including SWA as their hedging goes lower and lower each quarter).

not only do you not understand business, you dont even know what is going on in the industry. so all these majors getting rid of a lot of aircraft to focus on profitable routes and lower their payments for crews, aircraft leases, etc are just doing it for kicks? Try again. you get your yields up by lowering your costs, focusing on profitable routes, and having less airplanes to fill up. Did you get your MBA from ERAU?

DIAMONDDD said:
I heard that Neelman is planning on selling the first quarter results to an un-named foreign carrier for $8.3 million. And that from here on out, B6 is down-sizing to only three quarters per year. The other "non existant" quarter will be used to clean the free airplanes and lobby for relief from the FAR's for longer duty days. Also, employees will be forced to move to Utah for that three months to toil in the Oil refinery that Neelman and his twelve wives own. At the end of that three months, everyone will be forced to either not renew their five year contracts, or drink cyanide-laced kool aide. That way, they can ride to the promised land on a near by comet that only comes around once every twelve thousand years.

It is just like what Raymond Burr from People Express did. History repeating itself.

TRIPLE D

I heard something similar except that they were going to be able to throw out the results from one quarter and not count it. Kinda like the Olympics but they're not going to throw out the high quarter. This should really help the RTP and the stcok price should SOAR!!

big_al said:
Try again. you get your yields up by lowering your costs, focusing on profitable routes, and having less airplanes to fill up. Did you get your MBA from ERAU?

Yield has nothing to do with cost. Yield = revenue.

GogglesPisano said:
Yield has nothing to do with cost. Yield = revenue.

yield does not equal enough revenue if the flights you are flying have high costs, such as high landing fees, high pay of local personel, etc. that is just diluting the market. they obviously did the typical corporate thing and expanded too fast. so now they are getting rid of lease payments, having to pay less overhead, and being able to focus on higher yield flights to offset whatever is causing this profit fall, probably high gas prices and high competition.

Purpledog said:
Armchair economists. Cracks me up. I can hardly stand to read this drivel. That said, I agree with one point. If your (it is "you are" OR "you're") a painter and you sell your ladders to pay the truck note, that doesn't quite smell right. Good luck, hopefully they know what their (it is "they are" OR "they're") doing and aren't just appeasing Wall Street.

Please tell me you didn't attend one of the military academies.

Good catch Sally. That's a couple too many brews typing after a long day of fishing. I ain't went to no acadamee, i had fuuuuun.

DIAMONDDD said:
I heard that Neelman is planning on selling the first quarter results to an un-named foreign carrier for $8.3 million. And that from here on out, B6 is down-sizing to only three quarters per year. The other "non existant" quarter will be used to clean the free airplanes and lobby for relief from the FAR's for longer duty days. Also, employees will be forced to move to Utah for that three months to toil in the Oil refinery that Neelman and his twelve wives own. At the end of that three months, everyone will be forced to either not renew their five year contracts, or drink cyanide-laced kool aide. That way, they can ride to the promised land on a near by comet that only comes around once every twelve thousand years.

It is just like what Raymond Burr from People Express did. History repeating itself.

Ok first of all Neeleman may be Mormon, but I doubt he has 12 wives, thats just low and uncalled for. Second Raymond Burr was Perry Mason and Ironside, Donald Burr ran Peoples Express.

Purpledog said:
Good catch Sally. That's a couple too many brews typing after a long day of fishing. I ain't went to no acadamee, i had fuuuuun.
Great response purpledog.....

guppyturd and FN FAL douc he must be spooning each other next to a websters dictionary just chomping at the bits to catch grammer errors on flightinfo. Their both retards..... uh oh... did I use their? or is it they're? oh no.....

get a life your freaks and let the B6 bashing continue.....

Have you guys started making payments on those buses yet?:D:D I kid I kid........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back