B6 to Sell FIVE A-320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a320drivr said:
The only airframes that are not standard are 503 and 505. They are leased and can not be sold. Theses are much newer airframes that are being sold.

That is not going to sit well with the munching mantra mentioned above.

It is like selling your home during a monsoon to buy a raincoat

SWA/FO said:
What % did People's Express grow by?

Obviously you don't know much about it. From 1981 to '83 they went from 200 to 4000 employees.
We have over 9,000 last time I heard. Any more questions?
Your point is? Let me guess. History repeats itself. In your dreams dude.
Do some research and let me know...

Dragonbravo said:
Can't remember where I heard this, so take it with a grain of salt. (Unlike the other stuff you hear on the internet) Although B6 is selling five aircraft, they are continuing to take deliveries of 320's this year. As for why sell one and buy a new one, beats me. Maybe they want to sell off some of the aircraft that the mx agreement with Bus has expired and see some advantage to a aircraft with free mx. Like I said, a grain of salt.

Yep, free mx around here. We have a bunch of frenchmen hanging around giving us free mx.

Maybe they're just positioning themselves for a merger with Frontier.

The new carrier will then be bought by Virgin America, and........

320AV8R

Last edited:
I almost started to weigh in on this, to correct certain misconceptions and outright falsehoods, just like in the good old days. But then I realized that it's a nice day, I'm on my day off, and that this is FlightInfo and nothing I say here will matter to anyone. It used to be fun "debating" with you all, but now it's more like hanging out with a bunch of sullen teens, or worse. It's become a complete waste of time and there are more important, or at least interesting, things to do.

So y'all have a nice life. Don't bother to write.

Blue Dude said:
I almost started to weigh in on this, to correct certain misconceptions and outright falsehoods, just like in the good old days. But then I realized that it's a nice day, I'm on my day off, and that this is FlightInfo and nothing I say here will matter to anyone. It used to be fun "debating" with you all, but now it's more like hanging out with a bunch of sullen teens, or worse. It's become a complete waste of time and there are more important, or at least interesting, things to do.

So y'all have a nice life. Don't bother to write.
Outstanding. How about this one--instead of analyzing this ad nauseum, how about letting the 2nd and 3rd quarter results speak for themselves. That is what I plan to do. B6 has never claimed to be perfect and mistake free. What B6 has is a motivated work force due to real leadership. I do not believe there is 1 B6 pilot out there defending the 190 rates--but we all express confidence that the leadership will do the right thing with this issue with time. Why? because there is a tangible track record of management doing the right thing. If you bashers don't understand the aircraft cleaning thing by now, you never will and we should just agree to disagree. I see this 2 minute a day exercise more along the lines of showing the troops you are there with them which leads to better teamwork. If you are above that, so be it. I have faith the B6 experiment will work. Sorry to interrupt a good ole' B6 bash. Continue bashing.

The hotel and hangar at MCO are actually a really good deal, considering the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority owns the land that the property is on. I understand that this is a very favorable agreement for both parties. Humbling to is the fact that even though the 2,3, and 4th quarters may be profitable, they may not outweigh the loss of the first quarter.

I heard that Neelman is planning on selling the first quarter results to an un-named foreign carrier for $8.3 million. And that from here on out, B6 is down-sizing to only three quarters per year. The other "non existant" quarter will be used to clean the free airplanes and lobby for relief from the FAR's for longer duty days. Also, employees will be forced to move to Utah for that three months to toil in the Oil refinery that Neelman and his twelve wives own. At the end of that three months, everyone will be forced to either not renew their five year contracts, or drink cyanide-laced kool aide. That way, they can ride to the promised land on a near by comet that only comes around once every twelve thousand years.

It is just like what Raymond Burr from People Express did. History repeating itself.

FlyAuburn said:
Yep, free mx around here. We have a bunch of frenchmen hanging around giving us free mx.

Yeah, but it's the french women that make this job truly special.

Everyone needs to relax. Neeleman forgot to mention that the A320s he was talking about were not airplanes, but eerily named models of our oldest Swingline staplers. I ran into Bushy just the other day shuffling around the crew lounge mumbling ... "Have you seen my stapler?" Oh the humanity.

DiamondDD -- can I sit next to you on the comet? That's some funny stuff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back