• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A tool? Because I have a different opinion than you from experience?

You are a tool because you will not admit that bad management causes unions. You will not admit that 90% of management fails to lead on every level today. I will take back the "Tool" label when you call management out for their misdeeds and demand that they fix their problems before they take from the pilots.
And B19 ain't your first incarnation on this board either.

You are a tool because you will not admit that bad management causes unions. You will not admit that 90% of management fails to lead on every level today. I will take back the "Tool" label when you call management out for their misdeeds and demand that they fix their problems before they take from the pilots.
And B19 ain't your first incarnation on this board either.

Bad management doesn't create unions, unions create unions. You are a pilot, you made a choice to become a pilot, knew the hours, knew the pay, knew what you were up against just like I did. We made a choice.

When unions were created they were there to help people survive with basic needs that couldn't fend for themselves in a society where they had no alternatives.

This isn't true in aviation today (or ever for that matter). You aren't pinned down by geographical barriers and have the ability to change jobs to better yourself and your career. That wasn't true 60, 70 years ago. You have choices, they didn't.

90% of management? Are you out of your mind? The kicker is, that you will stand behind your union and those running it with the thoughts that they are smarter than company management.

If those people were so smart, why are they not in the company management group making the money themselves rather than backing the company into a corner by making unreasonable demands? Is it because they don't have the skills to be a manager and the best they can do is be a schoolyard bully?

No we are not safe.

The talking points have changed a bit. Now we are getting a history lesson on how Unions came about, and how B thinks they are outdated. Maybe you should post a link to a PBS special on the "Red Necks".

Don't you all know, we are all safe now. The FAA is here to back you when you make the call that the plane is broke, or the weather is not safe, or the runway is not safe, etc. :rolleyes:
Management only cares about the bottom line and keeping the FAA off their backs. Safety at most companies takes a back seat to what is convenient and makes the most money.

And as far as pay goes, well I have resigned myself to the fact that B is wrong and I am right. :p

Yo B19, here are some of the biggest chumps in the industry. http://www.avantair.com/leadership-team.html They pay their pilots crap, but management makes $$$$$$ for themselves. I could imagine they might want to unionize, maybe to up the pay scale. But when your finicials look like this: http://www.avantair.com/investors.html it hard to pay anyone. Now I believe the goof balls at this company have done something wrong. No union, so it must be a management thing. Dealing with a union is like dealing with any business or industry change. Working with a Union is like being married, you have to put forth an effort to make it work.

Last edited:
LOL, this one is real close to the mark...

Yo B19, here are some of the biggest chumps in the industry. http://www.avantair.com/leadership-team.html They pay their pilots crap, but management makes $$$$$$ for themselves. I could imagine they might want to unionize, maybe to up the pay scale. But when your finicials look like this: http://www.avantair.com/investors.html it hard to pay anyone. Now I believe the goof balls at this company have done something wrong. No union, so it must be a management thing. Dealing with a union is like dealing with any business or industry change. Working with a Union is like being married, you have to put forth an effort to make it work.

Yes B19. I would be especially curious how this guy feels about that:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. Moderated...:erm:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back