• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA/USAir seniority integration??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I would have been given 25% of my seniority, I would have been happy. Make up any story you wish.
I won't forget.

B6Driver said:
If I would have been given 25% of my seniority, I would have been happy. Make up any story you wish.
I won't forget.

I'll just stick to the facts, like I always have. Both sides are pissed off, therefore it must be fair.

I won't forget either.

Sorry, I know you guys want an insult but I don't have any right now.

From Reuters:
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - America West Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AWA - News) and a group of investors would buy bankrupt US Airways Group Inc (OTC BB:UAIAQ.OB - News) in a bid to compete with low-cost rivals under a merger plan announced on Thursday."

"Buy" is their word not mine.

In any case, good fences make good neighbors. Any US Airways pilot that stays in a US Airways domicile retains their seniority and all their expectations. If they bid for the AWA domiciles, their seniority becomes "Date of Merger" (DOM). If an AWA pilot stays in an AWA domicile, their seniority and expectations remain the same. If they bid to a US Airways domicile, they get DOM seniority. If a new domicile opens we can start the fight again. That way everyone retains the expectations they had before the merger and no one displaces the pilots from the other group. AWA gets their upgrades and AAA gets theirs. AAA Furloughs come back when vacancies are available and they get Date of recall for the purposes of bidding. Keep this arrangement for 7 to 10 yrs. If more furloughs come, the group that shrinks takes the hit.

I for one do NOT want your A330's or your over the pond flying. We get the same pay regardless of plane. I wouldn't be surprised to see mgmt. try to integrate this across the board.

Latest resources

Back