Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck!

Who is merging with who here? :confused:
Isn't AWA the mergerer and U the mergee? (don't have clue how to spell that). Anyway, if AWA is the parent here and coming to the rescue of U, why would U get anything other than a staple? With fences and protections, all of the U pilots should be able to hold what they are flying for quite a long time. At least I would think so. I hope it works out for the best, but I really would hate to see AWA guys get any type of raw deal here considering what they have been going through over the past several years. They are now getting things under control through givebacks of their own, I would hate to see all of that needlessly thrown away.

General

The formerly furloughed USAirways pilots that are flying for MDA, are in fact, shown as recalled to AAA. We are members of the same councils as all the other AB, Boeing pilots in their respective bases. (DCA,PHL,PIT). We don't just use the callsign we are the callsign.

SOVT,

Good, then you will be included in any merger integration. That is good news.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SOVT said:
General

The formerly furloughed USAirways pilots that are flying for MDA, are in fact, shown as recalled to AAA. We are members of the same councils as all the other AB, Boeing pilots in their respective bases. (DCA,PHL,PIT). We don't just use the callsign we are the callsign.

I don't know the ins and out of mid atlantic as it pertains to furlough, recall or whatever else.

I do know that if this deal goes thru, than Mid atlantic and all it's aircraft (crews too?) go to Republic via the money they are giving Usairways.

Given the diminished rights to merger and fragmentation protections (LOA 93) I would guess that the crews would go to Republic. Hopefully not be stapled over there..

This is to CARL S.,

I thought you said MICKEY SLAPNUTZ only talks about B6?

CYA

ASH

Your right about LOA 93. ALPA's willingness to fight will decide how many of MDA's pilots will go with the airplane. From my rather uneducated position, the PID will determine how we (MDA) pilots are treated with respect to the AW merger. If the PID is prior to the transfer of control to Republic, then I would say we would be part of the integration IAW ALPA's merger policy.

General Lee said:
What about the MDA pilots, who are furloughed from USAir but use the USAir callsign? Where will they go?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't shoot the messenger there,"Corporal" but from what I understand,
Republic Airways/Chautaqua Airlines is supposed to be purchasing MDA as part of
their proposal to invest in a re-vamped USairways. The E170's will then probably be used for their Delta Connection flights.....aren't you glad you asked ? :rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
The E170's will then probably be used for their Delta Connection flights....
PHXFLYR:cool:

That is incorrect........it's in the agreement that the airplanes will continue to feed US Airways Group.....which will soon include AWA.

Latest resources

Back