AWA/USAir seniority integration??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
typhoonpilot said:
Take myself for example. I'm currently furloughed ( and really have no intention of ever going back ), but if U survived and I was to go back I would retire in the top 10 on the seniority list. I would have extremely good senioirty for my last 7 years. To staple me on the bottom of the America West seniority list such that I would never see the left seat would be patently unfair.

While I agree with your ideas, however, I believe you must direct your concerns to your very own MEC. If you say you are furloughed then you have no fragmentation rights according to LOA 93. Am I incorrect?
Andy

The average age of a U pilot is just over 54 years old. Around 1000 retire in the next two years. Put up a fence or two for a couple of years and it will all work out. Date of hire with fences! Do the right thing for once! FYI this would not be good for me, it is just the right thing

While I agree with your ideas, however, I believe you must direct your concerns to your very own MEC. If you say you are furloughed then you have no fragmentation rights according to LOA 93. Am I incorrect?

Andy, I'm not the least bit concerned. If and when it comes to a seniority integration the U MEC is prepared based on their past research for the UAL merger. Besides, I'm never going back ( although, one should never say never ). Just used myself as an example of what some guy's position might be.

TP

I said there would be no negative offect on my AWA Pilots - in fact, we've already ordered the giant staple gun! Get ready Cactus FO's - I see an upgrade in the near future!

Stay tuned for more "As the Merger turns"

TWA DUDE LIGHTEN UP...Just having alittle fun with you...I promise to be more respectful in the future. Please dont be mad at me...I didn't realize how battle scarred you were. I guess its a tough industry...Thank God for Unions.

Doug Parker said:
I said there would be no negative offect on my AWA Pilots - in fact, we've already ordered the giant staple gun! Get ready Cactus FO's - I see an upgrade in the near future!

Stay tuned for more "As the Merger turns"

You must be Smoking the good stuff.

"Sounds like a lawsuit against ALPA would actually hold water."

Now we are talking! If the aviation community would actually look at the details of the APA/ALPA behind the scenes scam, it would make you think twice about unions. I look forward to the court transcript!!!

To both PHX FLYER and TWA DUDE, As a Piedmont /USAir guy with 20 years, it is refreshing to see some adult attitudes ( as oppesed to Mickey) about this whole thing. I think everyone assumes that U can't wait to link up with AWA so that we can all get back the seniorty we have "lost". How absurd. If the powers that be at these two companies decide there is something there that makes sense, then the rest of us pawns can only go along, try to get something with respect to seniorty that makes sense and ultimatey accept the arbitrators decision. If I end up being a 20 year f/o to a AWA 10 year Capt.,then so be it. I may not agree with it, but I won't show up whining either. I would like to buy the first round for both you guys. Best of luck to all of us.
PHXFLYR said:
TWADude;

I wish I could have the opportunity to meet you some day. I would like to buy you a beer. That's pretty much how I feel about it ,too should this merger come to pass.

PHXFLYR:cool:

The issue no one has brought up, and I think it is like the white elephant in the room no one wnats to talk about is contract/work rule issues. It is going to be interesting which contract the surviving entity will be working under.

No doubt in my mind mangement will push to mold AWA under what is left of the U contract. Could this be one reason why the name is planned to stay as USAir?

Think about it.

aa73 said:
Sorry TWAdude but I'm gonna have to call you on that one. While I absolutely disagree with a lot of the APA's actions during the merger, it was your own MEC and your own union that ensured you were denied a "fair process."
Are you for real? Go ahead and "call me" on it! The Green Book basically says anybody AA buys gets integrated the way the APA says it does. Our CBA said Allegheny-Mohawk. AA told us our contract had to change: do it on your own or we'll have the judge do it for you. The judge said he couldn't change just part of a CBA so his only option would be to abrogate the whole thing. Our MEC changed our contract under duress and you have the nerve to blame the victim?
All APA did was put forth a proposal, only to have your own Bob Pastore refuse to vote on it, and walk out of a meeting...
I still can't get a satisfactory answer to that whole debacle so suffice it to say there was a lack of effective communication between all involved parties.
Then APA put forth a second proposal, which is the current one, and it was passed without ALPA even batting an eyelid.
DUH! Why do you think we're suing ALPA?
SO I guess the argument can be made that... APA put forth a proposal that was deemed "UNFAIR" by the majority of the TWA membership...
What in the sam hill are you talking about? The APA imposed Supp CC on TWA without our agreement because none was required. Who are you to judge that as fair?
...and then your own MEC and union just stood by and refused to fight for anything better
Dude, what color is the sky in your world? Exactly what constitutes "fighting" in your book beyond going to court? Our MEC had ZERO leverage and ALPA National sold us out. Poor us, I know, and to the victors go the spoils, but that just isn't enough for the likes of you.
Sounds like a lawsuit against ALPA would actually hold water.
It's in the discovery phase right now. Depositions begin this summer. Just peruse C&R for the latest.

Latest resources

Back