• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
typhoonpilot said:
Things that make you go Hmmm

TP

TP,

Doesn't make anyone go Hmmm. It was one pilot on the 757 that was here only a few months. He was a IAH commuter. Lived there and was from there.

He also came from XJT.

There isn't some mass exodus from here. It was one guy on the bottom of the list.

Cactus73 said:
There isn't some mass exodus from here. It was one guy on the bottom of the list.

I don't doubt it. With the potential windfall coming AWA's way, I would think most people would hold still......especially if they commute from parts east.

typhoonpilot said:
Sorry, that won't work. It gives super seniority to all America West pilots after 10 years.

Almost all the active USAir pilots will be gone in ten years. In this scenario the AWA pilots get roughly 220 more aircraft worth of growth in ten years leaving the furloughed USAirways pilots ( many with 15 years of service ) out in the cold. Not fair and shouldn't happen this way. Please try again and stop thinking selfishly.

There is a workable solution and it involves fences. That is the best way to go for both groups.

TP

Sorry, It will work. It would work perfectly fine. What you meant to say is that you don't like it. That's ok. Although I would think that you would be happy just having a job down the road.

Look at it this way...right now your career expectation is to be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list. With my proposal you will be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list.

Anyways, if you're on the street right now you don't have much of a say in it.

BeCareful! said:
I don't doubt it. With the potential windfall coming AWA's way, I would think most people would hold still......especially if they commute from parts east.

I seriously doubt AWA pilots are going to get a windfall. Almost all of us just want to keep our PHX/LAS base and current seats. There should be fences and if someone wants to head east in a few years they should have to wait for a vacancy and then go where their seniority can take them.

What is the precedent for furloughed pilots returning and jumping seniority ahead of active pilots? Has it happened in the past? I'm asking because I don't know. What type of fence and how long would it need to be in effect?

Based on statements from our CEO's Parker and Lakefield, I think you are dreaming if you think this is going to happen.

I personally think you should have permanent recall rights. With 1900 furloughed, you are going to need a 10-15 year fence. Do you think the company is going to agree to such a long fence? It cost a lot of money to do this.

You still haven't answered my question about the furloughed AAA guys working here at AWA. It's a sizable number.

typhoonpilot said:
There is a workable solution and it involves fences. That is the best way to go for both groups.

TP

I couldn't agree more with the fence idea. I, personally, would like to see a good old fashioned block wall that extends at least 25 years (with a provision to extend it further after age-60 goes bye-bye). [Thought ya'all could use a little levity . . .]

Cheers!

No, that won't work. What about us 20 year guys who aren't furloughed? It would absolutely give AWA super seniorty. If your idea of "fair" is to put a 20 year F/O at the 70% mark at U the same relative position at the combined airline, then you need to rethink your position. I am fairly sure that an arbitrator will look at some sort of fence agreement long before your "scenerio" ever comes to pass.
Fly-n-hi said:
Sorry, It will work. It would work perfectly fine. What you meant to say is that you don't like it. That's ok. Although I would think that you would be happy just having a job down the road.

Look at it this way...right now your career expectation is to be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list. With my proposal you will be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list.

Anyways, if you're on the street right now you don't have much of a say in it.

Hey Kids<

HERE'S an idea!!! Why don't we all just shut our yaps and let the 2 Merger Comittees sit down and see what they can come up with, OK? He11, a PID hasn't even been set yet.

PHXFLYR:cool:

321 Busdriver,

I don't see what isn't fair about combing the active pilots using relative seniority. You work for a stagnant airline with little or no movement. You chose to stay at an airline where you are in the bottom 30%, so after a merger why should you leap ahead of the bottom third of AWA? We are a financially stronger airline offering you a lifeline and yet you think you should be senior to all of our FO's who have been here under 9 years?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back