Awa Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crzipilot said:
I'm sure he is. I too stayed away from the j4j deal for some time, but alas I finally succombed to it. Long sad story as to why, but ya...lots of controversy to the j4j deal....

Just curious..why did you choose a J4J slot over MDA?:confused:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Wiskey Driver said:
No because it is simply IRRELEVANT nothing more!! If you want to focus on something focus on AWA hiring focus on AAA be the premire furlough carrier and in big digits both in time on and number of!!! AWA furloughed a small number after 9/11 and they were back to work ASAP.

Miles,I am not going to get into this pissing match with you over this if you are involved you will know the same outcome as I.

WD.

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
Do you mind showing me where in any of my posts that I said you guys should get stapled ? Can't find it...can you?

Wow, sorry PHX....I must have grouped you in with several other AWA posters here who have consistantly and emphatically posted that all U furloughees had zero for expectations and were simply to be stapled. It's my fault; I don't take this Internet stuff nearly as serious as some, and so I make errors from time to time.

Your group, as represented on this website, is a fairly offensive bunch. You and one other (TWADude) seem more reasonable.

OK, so, while we are at it: why do you think your stance on the stapler differs so from that of WD and many of the other AWA posters here?

BeCareful! said:
Drinkin' already, WD? It's only 0905 EDT!

How in the H did you come to that conclusion???? Yeah but it's coffee!!! To early for you and this BS!!!!

WD.

Dude, chill! Your avtar or whatever it is was swinging his bottle around!

You seem to have lost any sense of humor you may have had at one time. Except for your enviable position career-wise, I feel sorry for you.

Tell you what, I'll stay off the MB today. Maybe that will make it all OK for you. You can have the sandbox all to yourself. Happy?

PHXFLYR said:
Just curious..why did you choose a J4J slot over MDA?:confused:

truthfully that was many beers ago, and finding it hard to remember why. Part of it was bases. I commute from the south, PSA had the most southern base. part of it was the late notices on a number of payments came at the time they were issueing the final call for PSA. And then of course seniority. I could have gotten a position at either place, but It seemed a capt. slot would open up sooner at PSA, as it turned out. 2nd week of g/s I was holding capt. there, But at the same time, as I was in g/s the capt list zoomed past my seniority, so in reality I could have held capt there too, just didn't think it would have happened as fast as PSA. Seeing as I'm not qualified to go anywhere else (by their standards, only have 5-6000 hours flying heavy jets worldwide) the PIC time is the last box needed. I was planning on staying in the non-sked world, and have quite a few contacts within it, but after furlough from my last airline in 2003, none of them were hiring, and or couldn't get the interview due to having a seniority number, or not the PIC time, so due to my career progression I was limited as to where I could go.

Last edited:
BeCareful! said:
Dude, chill! Your avtar or whatever it is was swinging his bottle around!

You seem to have lost any sense of humor you may have had at one time. Except for your enviable position career-wise, I feel sorry for you.

Tell you what, I'll stay off the MB today. Maybe that will make it all OK for you. You can have the sandbox all to yourself. Happy?

BC,

It didn't have anything to do with you, I apologize. I have an internal rodent that I have to deal with!!! You are correct about the pirate with the bottle and my sense of humor being depleated this early in the morning, it's just that my tolerance for the BS is at an all time low this morning!! You have a good day bro and be safe out there.

WD.

BeCareful! said:
Wow, sorry PHX....I must have grouped you in with several other AWA posters here who have consistantly and emphatically posted that all U furloughees had zero for expectations and were simply to be stapled. It's my fault; I don't take this Internet stuff nearly as serious as some, and so I make errors from time to time.

Your group, as represented on this website, is a fairly offensive bunch. You and one other (TWADude) seem more reasonable.

OK, so, while we are at it: why do you think your stance on the stapler differs so from that of WD and many of the other AWA posters here?

Maybe because I believe in the ALPA Merger Policy where it says one pilot group shouldn't benefit at the expense of the other. Too bad that AAA 73 Capt that gave me my DOH lecture jumpseating to work a few weeks ago doesn't feel that way. That would be just as bad as us stapeling you guys to the bottom of the combined list,don't you think? That plus the fact that unlike others ,both at your house and mine,I feel that this thing will get setteled by an arbitrator ,which I think is really sad. I mean why we just can't sit down and come to some sort of sensible agreement rather than letting lawyers and a
judge deciding the outcome is beyond me. But I have accepted in my own way that this is the way it will go and will probably cost me a Capt seat,too ,in addition to all the USAir guys and gals who have lost theirs already. But unlike my co-horts here who will continue to "rage on into the night" i will learn to live with it,or ,if I don't like the final outcome, or the "New and Improved USAir" simply resign and move on.

Regarding our guys on this webboard being a fairly offensive bunch, you and crzipilot are right up there with them . I kinda liked 321 Bus driver,though. Kinda your equivlent of our TWADude. I think he got smart,though and bailed
out of the debate.Can't blame him. Nothing will get accomplished by bashing each other here anyway.So I might as well go outand do something productive
like cut the lawn and play catch with my son. See ya in PHL ....ugh that means I'll have to call myself PHLFLYR :eek: ?? Disgusting.Where's that resume again

Latest resources

Back