Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA Dude said:
2900 range.

There are two of them in the process. One main and one alternate. Both good men and will lend their knowledge to this process. We are very luck to have them.

WD.

Why is this thread call "AWA merger"? That kind of slants the discussion a little I think. Maybe "US Airways merger" might be more correct since they are the larger airline and the name of the future airline.

Because AWA stock account for 40 % of the new company--other equity investors get 47% and the the mighty 13% that comes from USAIR

Last edited:
Parker has also said that he would consider giving furloughees preferential treatment in the hiring process----

Read between the lines--THERE WILL BE NO RECALLS

and none of Junior Cactus guys will be furloughed---we are way to cheap!

aroundtheblock said:
Why is this thread call "AWA merger"? That kind of slants the discussion a little I think. Maybe "US Airways merger" might be more correct since they are the larger airline and the name of the future airline.

A lot of folks have made similar comments regarding the newco name remaining USAIRWAYS. It is being done because of world wide recognition and that only...

WD.

I believe a majority of that 47% equity from investors were brought to the mergining table from US Airways, as part of their reemerging from bankruptsy. If the merge doesn't go through, most of that $$ will stay with US Air as they reemerge without AWA.

The 47% is a Mixed bag-- I urge you to get a copy of the info that all of us Cacti have gotten from Parker--The CEO of the new company--- it is true that some of the money ( like that from JO and airwiscy) is to help present USAir interests--- but a big chunk is coming so that Parker can run the show-- and investors believe in him---

Read the papers--Nobody is crediting Lakefeild for masterminding the merger---It's all Doogie (much to the chagrin of us all who have a very pleasant job right now and are just hoping things don't change too much if this merger happens---
what are you hoping for??????

321 busdriver said:
Thanks man. You and I and some of the sane ones need to down a few when this is all over. You're right. I got tired of responding to all the senseless dribble. Still read the posts, just don't have the enthusiasm to argue anymore. As for the 737 Capt. that can't wait to slam the AWA guys....well he's an idiot too. We all have our % of people who just look out for themselves. Happy landings.

Sounds good....I'll buy the first round!! :)
Good to hear from you again

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
Sounds good....I'll buy the first round!! :)
Good to hear from you again

PHXFLYR:cool:

Michael F.

We need to talk bro bad!!!!

Call me it's time to end this NOW...

WD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back