• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BeCareful! said:
WD

As always, Happy Win...d...fa....

Oh yeah. Sorry. I forgot you don't like to be reminded about how good things are going to be for you when the U retirements kick in and turbo-boost your seniority.

How about: Happy Father's Day!

I think everybody here agrees that there will be fences, big fences, probably five years or so. That being said, I want to know how the AWA pilots will benefit from the U retirements over the next five years? It seems to me that each U retirement will result in a U upgrade and a U recall. After the fences are knocked down AWA pilots may benefit, but there aren't going to be a lot of AWA guys willing to sit reserve in PHL, PIT, or CLT for an upgrade.

PHX Flyer....

Dunno, I kinda think the J4J agreement is going to stay in place wich will keep the CEL in place. See if the j4j agreement goes away..well then your pulling the rug out from under the furloughees twice......Staple them to the bottom and throw them out of their jobs?

Crzipilot said:
PHX Flyer....

Dunno, I kinda think the J4J agreement is going to stay in place wich will keep the CEL in place. See if the j4j agreement goes away..well then your pulling the rug out from under the furloughees twice......Staple them to the bottom and throw them out of their jobs?

First, why do you keep thinking you are going to get stapled to the bottom of any combined list. You DO have a USAir Senority number, do you not? If you do,then you will get slotted in once binding arbitration is complete.... and trust me,if the exchanges on this web board are any indication, this thing WILL land up in binding arbitration,which I think is pretty sad. But then again, my Delta Ticket agent wife always told me that "you pilots aren't the sharpest knives in the draw,you know" I am beginning to think she may be on to something!!:)

As for your current position at PSA, you or maybe it was BeCareful mentioned that there are 100 of you furloughees over there flying under J4J. If that's the case, and J$J agreement is rescinded I think it would be hard to replace all you guys and gals at once.

As for the rest of the stuff, I "dunno" either. I think from a business sense,this merger is pretty exciting and offers us opportunities neither employee group would have had as individual stand-alone companies,specifically ,the opportunity to be the first low fare full service airline nationwide with extensive European service Additionally it will allow both companies to get out from under Southwest's shadow and take the fight to them on our terms. And then I read the exchanges on this web board between fellow aviators, or get a DOH lecture from one of your 73 Capts, jumpseating to work a few weeks ago,and then I'm not so sure . But one thing's for certain. It WILL be up to the combined pilot group to make this thing suceesful because if we don't ,no one else will.

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
First, why do you keep thinking you are going to get stapled to the bottom of any combined list. You DO have a USAir Senority number, do you not? If you do,then you will get slotted in once binding arbitration is complete....

Wow, see, PHXFLYR? You can be a nice guy!

Last week you said I would be stabled, and now you proclaim that I "will get slotted in once binding arbitration is complete...."

That's mighty nice of you, but, why the drastic change of heart?

Just wondering.....

PHX,

I don't think i'm going to get stapled. I agree it's going to goto arbritration, though from looking at the sentiment of the mainline MEC...I dunno, they may just rollover and give away the house to look good to managment. In fact they may offer to pay the AWA Merger committees expenses since AWA management is playing with that notion.

I agree with the fact it's going to take the collective group working together to bring this to something successful. Unfortunately or hopefully it won't turn into a east/west thing like US has the north/south.

As for the network, and competing with SWA....the sad thing is...with the combination, I believe it's still smaller than what US was pre 9/11.....such is life.

Either way, like you said, it's going to arbitration and everyone will be somewhat happy, and somewhat pissed. In the end there could be a lot of money saved...LOL

J4J issue, ya they couldn't replace us overnight, but some of the PSA pilots would love for the program to go away, as they would then have arguement for us to goto PSA DOH and basically washed back to f/o, etc......but that's another story....

Crzipilot said:
PHX,

As for the network, and competing with SWA....the sad thing is...with the combination, I believe it's still smaller than what US was pre 9/11.....such is life.

U had around 420 A/C just prior to 9/11..........sad that after combining with AWA they still will not be anywhere close to that number.....................unless you want to start counting RJ's! :(

I sure am glad that my U senority number is only serving as a backup option in case I get furloughed from my current seat.

Good luck to you folks in the merger (AWA and USAir) I hope it works out so both sides are ticked off!! (That means it was a fair deal! :) )

BeCareful! said:
Wow, see, PHXFLYR? You can be a nice guy!

Last week you said I would be stabled, and now you proclaim that I "will get slotted in once binding arbitration is complete...."

That's mighty nice of you, but, why the drastic change of heart?

Just wondering.....

Do you mind showing me where in any of my posts that I said you guys should get stapled ? Can't find it...can you? Didn't think so...because I never posted anything like that and never will because I didn't support in when we were in discussions with ATA nor do I support it now. Not only that I have made that fact known to our MEC. Can you say you did the same regarding DOH? And I have a lot more to lose than you, including the very real possibility due to my age and a stagnent senority list of never seeing a Capt seat . So do me a favor,unless you have a severe comprehension problem while reading,quit putting words in my mouth . It's getting pretty old.

As for the change of heart, it really isn't a change of heart. I always thought from a business standpoint, this merger has some significant long term potential . But most of the pilots on this web board are just too stupid to realize it. They much rather get their rocks of bashing each other and watching out for their own special interests rather than focus on the bigger picture,which is securing our future. Let's face it, if this thing comes to fruition, it's going to be up to ALL OF US regardless of where we came from ,furloughed or active to make this thing work. Because like I said in a previous post a few minuetes ago , it's gonna be up to us to make this thing a success, because no one else will. And if the B$ I see on this webboard from BOTH pilot groups is any indication of what the future has in store, then all I got to say is we are in for a really nasty ride. Is this what we envisioned for a career? Think about it!

Crzipilot said:
PHX,

I don't think i'm going to get stapled. I agree it's going to goto arbritration, though from looking at the sentiment of the mainline MEC...I dunno, they may just rollover and give away the house to look good to managment. In fact they may offer to pay the AWA Merger committees expenses since AWA management is playing with that notion.

I agree with the fact it's going to take the collective group working together to bring this to something successful. Unfortunately or hopefully it won't turn into a east/west thing like US has the north/south.

Either way, like you said, it's going to arbitration and everyone will be somewhat happy, and somewhat pissed. In the end there could be a lot of money saved...LOL

J4J issue, ya they couldn't replace us overnight, but some of the PSA pilots would love for the program to go away, as they would then have arguement for us to goto PSA DOH and basically washed back to f/o, etc......but that's another story....

And I guess a controversial one at that. Gotta tip my hat to one of my old DHC8 F/Os from my WO days. He worked his way up the list,checking out as Capt shortly after I left. He got hired at AAA about a year and a half after I got hired here and unfourtunatley was amongst the first to get furloughed. Rather than go to MDA or do a J4J gig ,what does he do? He reapplies at our old WO as a new hire and starts completly over. Said he didn't think J4j was the right thing to do for him and that as long as he could keep his AAA senority number and continue flying he would be fine. I offered to walk a resume in for him here at AWA ,but he wanted to stay with "the USAir brand" (his words,not mine) Always thought that guy was a class act when I worked with him. This proved it beyond the shadow of a doubt. True story.

I'm sure he is. I too stayed away from the j4j deal for some time, but alas I finally succombed to it. Long sad story as to why, but ya...lots of controversy to the j4j deal....

miles otoole said:
Irrelevant because you are new. If you had been there for 15 years, you would certainly tell us.

No because it is simply IRRELEVANT nothing more!! If you want to focus on something focus on AWA hiring focus on AAA be the premire furlough carrier and in big digits both in time on and number of!!! AWA furloughed a small number after 9/11 and they were back to work ASAP.

Miles,I am not going to get into this pissing match with you over this if you are involved you will know the same outcome as I.

WD.

Latest resources

Back