Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oldskoolbronco2

positive rate, pantz down
I was just curious what the average day at netjets is like. Average flight time, sit time, hotels ect. I realize this is where all the NJA bashing will start. please just state the average line schedule facts if its possible.

As far as average line facts go, according to the line stats on 7/18, the average crewmember duty day length was 11.1 hours on the CE750 fleet and 11.2 on the CE650 fleet.

I'm sure that many will attest that we have seen many 14 hour days followed by legal rest. As far as working, some fleets work harder than other fleets. (Props to the Ultra drivers out there!) As with any company, there are problems here, but the pilots are committed to make this the best place to work by striving for an industry leading contract in the near future. All in all, there are much worse places to work.

PS: GO TEAM RAMROD! :)

As far as average line facts go, according to the line stats on 7/18, the average crewmember duty day length was 11.1 hours on the CE750 fleet and 11.2 on the CE650 fleet.

The daily line report is worthless, NO ONE will stand up an explain how these numbers are calculated. The question is asked again and again in Company recurrent, Senior VP's, DO or Head Scheduler have no idea what is included in those numbers.
12+ would be more like it for line pilots.

Last edited:
gordon24 said:
Averages for me:

1st day-12/12
2nd-4th day-14/10 (maybe a 13/11 in there somewhere)
5th/6th day (depending on tour length) 12/12

Doesn't get any more real-world than that. That's about 2000 duty hours per year, in half the weeks that your local cubbie-hole geek does it.

No one will ever argue that you folks don't bust your A$$.

is NJA still a good place to try to get a job? I have read some ugly things here

what about the 7/7 sked? will that be an option with a new contract?

I hope you find a better job then NetJets. The company does NOT want you to make this place a career. It's is one of the worst managed companies you could probably find. You can work as a COTA Bus driver (public transportation) in Columbus, Ohio and make more money than at NJA.

x402 said:
The daily line report is worthless, NO ONE will stand up an explain how these numbers are calculated. The question is asked again and again in Company recurrent, Senior VP's, DO or Head Scheduler have no idea what is included in those numbers.
12+ would be more like it for line pilots.

It's really irrelavant how these numbers are calculated. What matters is when. Whoever flies/duties less than scheduled? They just keep you on anyway if you break.

It would be more useful for them to send the data for what we did the previous day than to tell us, at 7AM Eastern, what we're going to do.

A lot 0f 0001/0300/0400/0500 shows on the first day. Then after a couple days of early shows, you can plan on switching to the late afternoon evening shift. 12/14 hour days with minimum rest are common.

Latest resources

Back