average day at Netjets

oldskoolbronco2

positive rate, pantz down
Total Time
I was just curious what the average day at netjets is like. Average flight time, sit time, hotels ect. I realize this is where all the NJA bashing will start. please just state the average line schedule facts if its possible.

Gator1999

WAR KITTENS!?!
Total Time
>5000
As far as average line facts go, according to the line stats on 7/18, the average crewmember duty day length was 11.1 hours on the CE750 fleet and 11.2 on the CE650 fleet.

I'm sure that many will attest that we have seen many 14 hour days followed by legal rest. As far as working, some fleets work harder than other fleets. (Props to the Ultra drivers out there!) As with any company, there are problems here, but the pilots are committed to make this the best place to work by striving for an industry leading contract in the near future. All in all, there are much worse places to work.

PS: GO TEAM RAMROD! :)

x402

Total Time
10000+
As far as average line facts go, according to the line stats on 7/18, the average crewmember duty day length was 11.1 hours on the CE750 fleet and 11.2 on the CE650 fleet.

The daily line report is worthless, NO ONE will stand up an explain how these numbers are calculated. The question is asked again and again in Company recurrent, Senior VP's, DO or Head Scheduler have no idea what is included in those numbers.
12+ would be more like it for line pilots.

Last edited:

ultrarunner

Total Time
gordon24 said:
Averages for me:

1st day-12/12
2nd-4th day-14/10 (maybe a 13/11 in there somewhere)
5th/6th day (depending on tour length) 12/12

Doesn't get any more real-world than that. That's about 2000 duty hours per year, in half the weeks that your local cubbie-hole geek does it.

No one will ever argue that you folks don't bust your A$$.

brewerdog

Total Time
5000+
is NJA still a good place to try to get a job? I have read some ugly things here

what about the 7/7 sked? will that be an option with a new contract?

Some Dude

Total Time
alot
I hope you find a better job then NetJets. The company does NOT want you to make this place a career. It's is one of the worst managed companies you could probably find. You can work as a COTA Bus driver (public transportation) in Columbus, Ohio and make more money than at NJA.

CRAWDADDY

Total Time
18,XXX
x402 said:
The daily line report is worthless, NO ONE will stand up an explain how these numbers are calculated. The question is asked again and again in Company recurrent, Senior VP's, DO or Head Scheduler have no idea what is included in those numbers.
12+ would be more like it for line pilots.
It's really irrelavant how these numbers are calculated. What matters is when. Whoever flies/duties less than scheduled? They just keep you on anyway if you break.

It would be more useful for them to send the data for what we did the previous day than to tell us, at 7AM Eastern, what we're going to do.

JetProp

Total Time
10000+
A lot 0f 0001/0300/0400/0500 shows on the first day. Then after a couple days of early shows, you can plan on switching to the late afternoon evening shift. 12/14 hour days with minimum rest are common.

aeronautic1

Virgil_Tracy
Total Time
Teb

Stop into First Aviation ANYTIME during the day and just try to get a seat in the pilot lounge. If NetJets was a good company, they would have their own phrak lounge so the rest of us corporate pilots can get a seat while we wait or time on the only computer in the lounge.

Fracster

Total Time
Enough
is NJA still a good place to try to get a job?
NO, not even close.

Owners are leaving or not resigning in large numbers. The company refuses to negotiate but expects your best effort of they will fire you.

NJA is not a career job, heck, its not even a stepping stone.

Management beleives if you stay for 2 years, hence the contract, they have gotten their money out of you. After that you are costing them money and they do not encourage you to stay.

If you want to know whether you should apply here or not just ask a NJA pliot next time you are on the road and see his/her response.

G4dude

Total Time
I agree. Until the union is broken, NJA is not a very good job, and I never considered going there. NJI is terrific. NJA will be very good if it becomes a non union shop. In my humble opinion. I do not mean to anger anyone out there, and am pulling for better days ahead for the NJA pilots.

Starman

Truthsayer
Total Time
'nuff
G4 - you are undoubtedly the world's biggest ass. The union or pilots didn't make this bed. But you'll see that soon enough down at the bottom of our seniority list. Get the gear biatch.

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
Ooooh. Seniority intergration is a dangerous thing for a non union pilot group.

G4dude

Total Time
Starman said:
G4 - you are undoubtedly the world's biggest ass. The union or pilots didn't make this bed. But you'll see that soon enough down at the bottom of our seniority list. Get the gear biatch.
I stated that I am pulling for the NJA pilots, and that makes me an a$$? I believe the union is the reason you are so unhappy, does that make me an a$$? Or maybe I am merely wrong, does that make me an a$$? Or maybe you are referencing the actual size of my a$$, which is expanding due to the wonderful treatment by the company I work for, which does so without any coercion from goons from the IBT. So who is the a$$? Just curious.
How many years has the Teamsters "represented" NJA pilots? How's it going, guys? Happy yet? What if the process you believe is the solution is actually the cause of your discontent? Isn't that worth consideration without calling me an a$$?
Just wondering. I consider Starman's disapproval equivalent to applause, by the way. Goons of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your jobs, which you don't deserve anyway.

El Chupacabra

Total Time
Union is the best thing about this place...

Otherwise why, according to the company Trolls would the latest offer make us the Best paid in the fractional INDUSTRY.

Of course they forgot about NJI and NJE

BortaS

Total Time
aeronautic1 said:
Stop into First Aviation ANYTIME during the day and just try to get a seat in the pilot lounge. If NetJets was a good company, they would have their own phrak lounge so the rest of us corporate pilots can get a seat while we wait or time on the only computer in the lounge.
Why on earth would you go to that place unless you had QS on your tail? I didn't think anyone would use that dump.

El Chupacabra

Total Time
Whats that new contruction over on the other side of the runways? Could it be for NJ?

Bueller? Bueller?

Geronimo4497

Total Time
Overheard on the First Aviation Freq:

"yo yo yo, this is First, wada ya want"

"J.Lo. - shes so freakin' buewtiful"