• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

average day at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAANNNNDDDD.....around and around we go....

Where this thread will stop, nobody knows!

I gave up NJA last August with a senority number around 800. Couldn't stand the long hours and low pay. Even though you hear a lot of complaining, the pilots were a good group to work with. I'm glad I did it. Good luck.

G4dude must be related to one or all of the former 5 MEC members.

The fact that we have an actual, working and productive union is the only fact that is keeping us safe.

Without the union NJA would threaten discipline or termination for not going over 14, flying in bad weather or flying when sick. These scenarios all happened under the "old union" which wasnt actualy a union anyhow.

Without the union we would be breaking FAR's and company policy left and right.

The reason we have the new union is because the pilot group needed protection from NJA.

I gave up NJA last August with a senority number around 800.

You would have been crazy not to. NJA will never be a career job. We are equivalent to a regional with slightly less pay.
The only down side to people leaving is that its exactly what NJA wants. The more senior people leave the less they have to pay.

Last edited:
Fracster said:
G4dude must be related to one or all of the former 5 MEC members.

The fact that we have an actual, working and productive union is the only fact that is keeping us safe.

Without the union NJA would threaten discipline or termination for not going over 14, flying in bad weather or flying when sick. These scenarios all happened under the "old union" which wasnt actualy a union anyhow.

Without the union we would be breaking FAR's and company policy left and right.

The reason we have the new union is because the pilot group needed protection from NJA.

So is that the way it is done at NJI and EJM.....sick pilots flying in bad weather in their 15th duty hour???

I can't attest for any of the other operations. My first hand knowledge comes from dealing with ACP's and CP's and speaking with management.

Ask any pilot at NJA who's tenure is longer than 3 or 4 years. They ruitinely flew tired, over 14, etc... the reasons for why they did so differ but many, if not most, did so from fear of disciplinary action.

Our former CP actually cursed out a pilot because he would not fly over 14 hours. Excellent behavior for a CP of a company like NJA. Luckily he was terminated later on for consistent behavior.

Now let me add that not all the CP's and ACP's are of this caliber. We do, in fact, have some great support but this former employee is the perfect example of behavior NJA is begrudginly relinquishing.

Let's not forget managements actions that very nearly CLOSED THE DOORS AT NJA. Did we all forget that the FAA nearly SHUT DOWN THE OPERATIONS AT NJA. It was discovered that management falsified FAA 135 TRAINING DOCUMENTS. The actions by our morally absent management nearly costs all the employees their jobs not to mention what it would have done to the owners.

I will second what G4Dude says. If you want a miserable work experience, go work in a union shop. I will promise a contentious us or them attitude all the live long day. You will be a part of a dysfunctional team where all the problems are someone elses fault.

The companies that have unions generally have them for a good reason, which should give a person of average intelligence enough pause to reflect on what makes the place so bad that people have to band together to force others into making decisions that benefit them.

If you want managers with an us and them type siege mentality, then by all means go to work there. From what I hear if you can fog a mirror they hire due to the people abandoning the place. Then you can have the honor of taking your place in the great dysfunctional machine, and bore anyone in an FBO dumb enough to listen how terrible a place to work your union shop is.

Flyx3 posted:

If you want a miserable work experience, go work in a union shop. I will promise a contentious us or them attitude all the live long day. You will be a part of a dysfunctional team where all the problems are someone elses fault.

When I was first hired at NJA, it wasn't like this at all. It felt like a family operation. People worked hard on both ends. I had a flight manager cover for me as a new hire when I was late driving in one morning. When Santulli's name was spoken it was with reverence and you could almost hear the harps from heaven.

My point is it was not a miserable place to work a few years ago. The Union had been here for a while also. I don't know if we'll ever catch lightning in bottle again, but I hope maybe some of the magic will return when this is all over.

Yep I guess all those pilots at Southwest airlines are really miserable working at a union shop. All those union construction workers are really miserable. Don't forget all those union people that fought for overtime rules, a 40 hour week, health care, retirement, health and safety rules, those people are really miserable. You know who wasn't miserable?.....The slave owners. How happy are those Walmart workers?I bet they just love working their two and three jobs.

Latest resources

Back