Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bruno, what straight line? i saw pictures indicate the aircraft went from centerline to 3/4 far left then corrects right nearly to centerline then left again.
look, i'm not here to argue. the stories on this site all over the place on details. from it was a gear up landing to a taxi in accident. if u want to work yourself up into a frenzy, thats your choice, but try to get some factual data.
i fly it, i like it, i think the brakes are great when used correctly. If u wanna blame the equipment, go ahead. whatever...

wrongfully let go? i'm not so sure. when i went through pie, i got to see the pictures, diagrams and reports about the landing event. word is that the feds and ntsb are leaning heavily toward pilot error due to the abundance of evidence to indicate so. the pictures and diagrams will end up as a training scenerio to help train others on how to avoid similar mistakes.

I smell a RAT!!

I smell a rat too!!!!!
Hangarat I am in no frenzy, I don't understand where you are getting your facts from, have you been speaking to the FAA/NTSB??? I thought not!
You and Avantair have already decided what happened.

I smell a rat too!!!!!

You and Avantair have already decided what happened.

Wisely spoken. There's been cases where a tire has blown and the wheel was ground down till half of it was gone, and the gear didn't collapse. Don't forget, this airplane sat in the hangar as a parts airplane for a long time, not to mention got beat to death as a trainer.

Anything CM or TC says should be discounted. If management told them that the pilots tried to fly this thing to the moon on one tank of fuel, they would both believe it and pass it on as fact.

Pilots do make mistakes, BUT, with this companies' track record, it's very unlikely that this is due to anything but crappy maintenance.

Last edited:
Wisely spoken. There's been cases where a tire has blown and the wheel was ground down till half of it was gone, and the gear didn't collapse. Don't forget, this airplane sat in the hangar as a parts airplane for a long time, not to mention got beat to death as a trainer.

Anything CM or TC says should be discounted. If management told them that the pilots tried to fly this thing to the moon on one tank of fuel, they would both believe it and pass it on as fact.

Pilots do make mistakes, BUT, with this companies' track record, it's very unlikely that this is due to anything but crappy maintenance.

The funny part is that the ones that always side with Management and blame the pilots as well always have no more than 10 posts....hmmmm, interesting. New identities everytime. But as well all know! FU**ING PILOTS! it's always the FU**ING PILOTS!! :rolleyes:

wrongfully let go? i'm not so sure. when i went through pie, i got to see the pictures, diagrams and reports about the landing event. word is that the feds and ntsb are leaning heavily toward pilot error due to the abundance of evidence to indicate so. the pictures and diagrams will end up as a training scenerio to help train others on how to avoid similar mistakes.

After reading your two posts i almosted vomited. what flavor do you prefer? Grape or cherry? keep drinking it up buddy. i don't care what pictures you saw, or what you saw on them....it doesn't matter. two pilots were fired before the facts were all in play. no faa report, no ntsb report. it's that simple. Even if somehow the reports state, "pilot error"......the pilots still shouldn't have been disciplined until those reports came out. too bad we lost two pilots who hopefully would have backed a union, and instead have to keep a kool aid drinker like yourself. this must be your first company, and of course i'm sure your an aviation stud who something like this could never happen too. oh yeah, and just as a reminder, this isn't the only reason we need a union.

hangarrat,

after reading your other posts i realize that you are definitley some form of A** kisser or contain one of the A**es that gets kissed. just wait until you find out the hard way that you wasted your time sniffin' brown for nothing.

Somebody PM with initials, I want to see if it was a old buddy of mine I can't get hold of. :-(

Is it common to be let go due to pilot error? I mean both of them after all, they were'nt both on the controls, and it was'nt like weather or something contributed. I can understand if they were landing a 50 knt x-wind and lost it and the FO did'nt talk the cap to diverting or something. But really guys there is only one person on the controls. I can see letting the cap go if it was a problem of not taking control back from the FO or something.

Interesting.

hangarrat,

after reading your other posts i realize that you are definitley some form of A** kisser or contain one of the A**es that gets kissed. just wait until you find out the hard way that you wasted your time sniffin' brown for nothing.

LOL....you're absolutely right oneeye!

Latest resources

Back