Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have talked to the captain many times on this issue. There is def a cover up going on and hangrrat may well be part of it. They have too much to lose, all their eggs are in one basket. What do you think would happen if a flaw came out with the Pistachio. Clients would head for the doors and these crooks would be left holding the responsability for a failed company and all the problems would come to light. Give these 2 guys a break. The next incident is around the corner and hopefully it is not you.

I will give mgmt this. They are trying. however they don't always know what they are doing. they don't know how to handle certain things. they don't think far enough ahead to see how their decisions will affect others. who pays for their mistakes and wrong decisions. the pilots. i don't think i should suffer because they suck at what they are paid to do. if i sucked at what i was paid for...i would be fired... or forced to resign (which i wouldn't do) if the gear just collapsed on me. unfortunately, we have to protect ourselves from people who can adversly affect our lives and the lives of our family's based off their mistakes. i'm not going to take the blame to make their lives easier. they are paid more to work harder, longer, and to carry the weight of the company's problems on their shoulders......they are not paid more to pass it off on two pilots or any future pilots who find themselves in similar situations. my life and the security of my family's livelihood is more important to me than the manager's image. if some of the current mgmt can't handle and manage properly, their responsibilites, then too bad. Step down or step up. i'll protect my a** with a union either way. why, because i see how just a few people and their quick knee jerk decisions can change a family's life. but if you do step up, and do what is right, then at least you can be respected. legitimate respect. not respect established by fear.

one more thing....what the hell happened to p180puke....he started this thread.

Last edited:
For any person that has worked for Avantair for some time, are you really surprised this was the way this situation was handled? The CP and DO were two of the worst at their jobs that I have ever worked with. Anything that went wrong was always the pilots fault.

I've heard talk that upper management is now worried their rash actions will lead to an exodus of pilots. For the smart pilot, it will....

Are you interested in us?

We are interested in you. We are interested in each and every fractional organization out there because in numbers there is strength. Any communications with us will be kept confidential.

www.ibt1108.org for information.

For a specific person:
Brian Ward - 1108 Bylaws chairman
[email protected]

Amy Vidovich - 1108 Recording Secretary
[email protected]

Mark Luthi - 1108 Vice President
[email protected]

One other comment. As a message board operator and administrator I understand the pressure the operators of this board can be placed under. With respect to the comment about their being asked to provide information on membership, I can only offer my greatest commendation and thanks for their response. The service performed for the aviation community with this board cannot be measured. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Are you interested in us?

We are interested in you. We are interested in each and every fractional organization out there because in numbers there is strength. Any communications with us will be kept confidential.

Before you consider a union, remember this:

Take the most staunch union supporter and make him a Chief Pilot.

See how long his union supports him, and he his union.

happens all the time, and twice in my short career... no problems at all. Our current CP is well liked by the union, and the last operation I worked at same.

Shut up. Everyone knows who you are. Go back to lying and ruining people's lives. We know it's just a game for you.

So many management on this site.....and you think you're pretty inconspicuous. Idiots!! A union is probably the only way to retain some of the pilots Avantair has. Most I speak to are looking for other jobs.
The chief pilot's a waste of space, he's so far up management's ass it would take him weeks to get out and do something decent like support and back the pilots! If Avantair doesn't get a union it'll be a lonely place if anything goes wrong. Don't fly out of limitations...work to rule!

So many management on this site.....and you think you're pretty inconspicuous. Idiots!!

Not managment.. (not even Avantair)

Just somebody that has been there, done that and wants to protect my many friends there by reminding them to be careful what they ask for.

Latest resources

Back