Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flybet3 said:
Dude, unless you work here, please stop spreading all these rumors. Especially if you are just getting your info from an unreliable source... Unless you come through and say where you heard this from. Then please be quiet. I'm not saying for you to mention any names, but if you heard this from an EX-employee or an FO, or even a captain. Then you have to ask him/her, where did HE/SHE hear this from?

I do work here....still. It is NO secret that delivery is done in S.C.. There is "no source" and there isn't anything to "figure out". It ain't a secret, it's how it's been done for a loooong time. And smartly so. Who'd want to pay 6% (not 7% btw) tax in FL on $6m?

Now why is it that I have to "prove" myself, yet you expect everyone to take your submissions as gospel? You've been inaccurate so far with regards to this topic. No need to get bent out of shape if you're corrected. That's why we're here, no?

Once again I'll say, not lookin for yet another flame fest. Just open your eyes to all of the realities here.

Paychecks are clearing and if the planes start coming again, things'll be good. I, for one, have been in aviation long enough to know that I should pay close attention to what my employer is doing and stay close with those that can keep me well-informed. I have mouths to feed and so do these guys that are dropping seniority, etc. to come running here. I'm just puttin out what's goin on that makes ME nervous, and anyone else may do what they please with it. I'd want to know if I was on the otherside.

By the way, is anyone else's per diem/expense checks 4 weeks behind?

Last edited:
Flybet3 said:
Those airplanes are expected to be in the hangar at PIE any day now. But, they cannot be flown either 91 or 135 yet. Because of the tax issue, and FSDO issue.

I hope so. Any day now has been any day now for a month(ish).
I think the tax issue we've covered.

What is the FSDO issue, and why can't they be flown 91?

P180puke said:
I hope so. Any day now has been any day now for a month(ish).
I think the tax issue we've covered.

What is the FSDO issue, and why can't they be flown 91?

Once again, I am giving you info on other employee comments, mostly MX guys. Pretty much how your getting alot of your info I'm sure. By the way, I'm not getting out of shape about anything. But dude, your attitude towards this company is always negative and it seems like you're always trying to "inform" everyone about this companys issues. If it's really that bad for ya, or you think that management here is made up of sh*ty liying individuals. Then do your self a favor and try to feed your family somewhere else. McD's maybe? I have a family to feed as well, and I tell you what...the moment I feel that something is going to happen or that I am feeling really unhappy where I am at. Then first I change jobs and then maybe talk trash. I really doubt you still work for avantair...

"Once again, I am giving you info on other employee comments, mostly MX guys"
Okay, so what's the answer to the question? If you can't answer it, shall I answer it for you?

I've not made a post here that has not been factual. This stuff ain't hard to figure out. Make a phone call flybet. That's all you have to do to verify the situation. I made a few to folks alot higher up the food chain than MX guys. It's no secret planes are sitting, no secret AP is fixed, no secret they take/and have been taking delivery in S.C., no secret they lack an MMEL. I'm just asking why things aren't moving. Doesn't that concern you? Your livelyhood? In the past we've always complained because they couldn't come fast enough. It seems odd to me, very.

You don't need an MMEL/MEL to fly 91. 3 planes ready to go at what, 4.5 crewmembers per? How many hours to train 13.5 crewmembers in an entirely new all glass cockpit? 130 hrs? No sim yet. How many demo flights (which are 91 BTW) do you think are lined up foaming at the mouth to check out the Avanti II? How many owners that bought shares sometime ago are wondering where they are? I get asked 3 times a tour (minimum) about them.

So nobody with conflicting information about something is allowed to post according to you? It would be a very boring message board, now wouldn't it? You'd have noone to argue with or correct your inaccurate posts. You offer diatribe without supporting information and then get all flustered when you are corrected. Don't take it personal. I provide information and insight that maybe most (obviously you) aren't thinking about. That things aren't as rosy as they seem given the current state of affairs. I did mention that I'm paid fair and the checks are clearing didn't I?

Hey Puke, Once again there you are with your twisted information. Your so called facts are typically taken out of context like a sleazy tabloid Newspaper takes the quotes that make news and disregards the content of the speaker. You simply do not have the big picture and never will due in large part to your small negative thinking mind.

For instance; your remark about the Demo flights, any one who works here, knows that they are run Part 135 and as such are not eligible to be operated prior to FAA 135 conformity. But since you lack in professionalism in the first place, you probably hadn’t noticed that on your trip sheets.

I think what everyone knows about you is that you are a glass half empty - sky is falling - doom and gloom false prophet and with that attitude you really have no business working here. There are a lot of ways to interpret the so called signs and you always focus on what’s wrong rather than what’s right with the company. Your negativity affects all of us and we don't appreciate the message you are putting out. It just comes down to common sense of how to participate in the growing of the business that we all work at, and you don't have a clue. You spend all your efforts tearing down what so many of us have worked so hard at building up.

A little background on you is that in 46 posts you have not been positive once about the company you supposedly work for. What kind of loser works for a company he/she can’t stand? Any normal competent person would have found work somewhere that they enjoyed and believed in. In 46 posts you only have 2 posts on any other topic, leads me to believe you have some kind of axe to grind.

The majority of us reading these posts know that this company has gotten progressively better every year. Its growth is very good and its market share continues to grow in spite of you and the other naysayers. We pilots are excited about what is to come in the next few months and for that matter; the years to come. We appreciate all those around us who together, are working hard to bring this company to the next level. And though we know little about the details of what is coming we have faith that as a team (aka : company) we will, together, through our individual and group efforts, bring this company to new levels. (Working as a team is foreign to you isn’t it? Did you get beat up a lot as a child?)

I can only hope that you and others like you change your attitude or just go away. You and the others like you, do not bring anything of value to the table. Much like a scavenger bird you feed off of others leftovers.

Try to remember, that is us surrounding you and not the other way around. That for every one of you bottom feeders their are a dozen of us High Fliers.

So while you look for things that you can complain about, the rest of us hard working people will be creating something good here for ourselves, our families and the communities we live in.

Ah man. A$$ kisser with the pretty font is back. I'll bet you look forward to dumpin the lav too.

When you get done with that, would you mind grabbin my coffee and papers? management.

astounding, articulate and impressive post PUKE :beer:

I don't understand why you haven't been successful at finding employment elsewhere. :puke:

It seems a terrible shame to waste all that talent.

Uh Fellas, There will be a new Avanti II in the PIE hanger this afternoon....

Sounds like the "problems" have been resolved.

BTW, Life is too short to be a company naysayer. Personally, Id rather serve coffee and empty lavs any day, as opposed to flying next to a 300 hour wonder at a regional airline...

And whats so damn bad about emptying the lavs? Its a very easy and quick process in the Avanti.

Are the "pretty boys" afraid to get a little dirty??? Ive had dirty jobs in the past. This aint nothin'.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back