Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Pebbles said:
I personally take anything myrealnameis says with a grain of salt. His intentions may be good, and I have nothing against him, but he has been grossly misinformed in the past. It doesnt make sense to blindly believe everything management tells you when there's a long history of lying and hiding the truth. I know of many ways in which the current owner has been siphoning money from this company.

Excellent point, P180, you dont need an MEL to do training in an aircraft. That comment speaks for itself. Doubtful if a company would just let aircraft sit somewhere else if they had the money to pick them up. Something smells fishy. I heard that Avantair was enroute to pick up the first Avanti2, and Piaggio said "Whoa, this aircraft is going nowhere till we see some money.":beer:

I just hope that the rumors/unsubstantiated assertions stated here are not the case. I know that rumors can take a life of their own unless they are handled by management. Let's hope we get some clarity soon.

i heard that they didn't take delivery of the new avanti II's was because there was a problem with th autopilot making erratic turns for no reason. and avantair wouldn't take them until they were fixed.

haven't heard anything else except what i have read here.

cheeeese said:
i heard that they didn't take delivery of the new avanti II's was because there was a problem with th autopilot making erratic turns for no reason. and avantair wouldn't take them until they were fixed.

You are correct sir!

I don't know much about Avantair, but I did get to tour one of their aircraft that was in for maintenance. Nice plane. Interior similar to the B200, but seemed to have more room, somehow. Cockpit was definitely roomier than a Citation 5XX, and seemed as big as the King Air line (and KA CPs are pretty comfy). The wrenches said that the fuel/$$$ savings can be considerable, and it is as fast as the old C5XXs, but they just didn't like the Italian engineering. Perhaps they're just anti-Italites? :D

Nice aircraft.

Oh, butt the bad part? You don't get to stick your butt in the pax's face after closing the door as you head up front, as you do in the King Air. I always kinda' liked that. "Hey rich guy ... say hello to Captain Butts!" :nuts:

Fun is where you find it. :erm:

Last edited:
cheeeese said:

And that wasn't the behavior that was fixed, but it matters not, it's been over a month now.

Last edited:
Snakum said:
I don't know much about Avantair, but I did get to tour one of their aircraft that was in for maintenance. Nice plane. Interior similar to the B200, but seemed to have more room, somehow. Cockpit was definitely roomier than a Citation 5XX, and seemed as big as the King Air line (and KA CPs are pretty comfy). The wrenches said that the fuel/$$$ savings can be considerable, and it is as fast as the old C5XXs, but they just didn't like the Italian engineering. Perhaps they're just anti-Italites? :D

Nice aircraft.

Oh, butt the bad part? You don't get to stick your butt in the pax's face after closing the door as you head up front, as you do in the King Air. I always kinda' liked that. "Hey rich guy ... say hello to Captain Butts!" :nuts:

Fun is where you find it. :erm:

Ahh alas, you DO get to stick your butt in their face if they're sitting on the side-facing "couch". Oh the small pleasures.

P180puke said:
Ahh alas, you DO get to stick your butt in their face if they're sitting on the side-facing "couch". Oh the small pleasures.

Well ... in that case, I'm going send 'em a resume next year. Some things I just can't do with out. :pimp:

P180puke said:
And that wasn't the behavior that was fixed, but it matters not, it's been over a month now.

Agreed, it was fixed a month or so ago. It was an uncommanded intermittent "wing rocking".

Latest resources

Back