Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoeingBaller said:
If they are fixed . Then what is the reason they are not on line yet???$$$?????

There's a tax issue... since the company moved to florida they have to pay like 7% taxes per airplane. So they are trying to figure out a way to avoid paying so much tax.

Flybet3 said:
There's a tax issue... since the company moved to florida they have to pay like 7% taxes per airplane. So they are trying to figure out a way to avoid paying so much tax.
I hear Delaware is nice.

Flybet3 said:

Incorrect, again. They've been taking delivery of them in South Carolina for years for that reason.

Next.

P180puke said:
Incorrect, again. They've been taking delivery of them in South Carolina for years for that reason.

Next.

I do think that Piaggio America has recently relocated (last year or so) its operations to PBI. May not be the reason because I think we received the last airplane (more than 6 months ago) from them after the relocation. Although the first few few Avanti II's have been completed in PBI at the Jet Center. I heard that it was the first Piaggio's completed there, maybe sales tax applies to those. Just speculating. Don't know and don't wanna know tax law.

I'd check on that tax issue. I had a charter company in Maine. All you had to do was claim the aircraft were used in interstate commerce, and no tax. I think many states are like that.

Hung

myrealnameis said:
I do think that Piaggio America has recently relocated (last year or so) its operations to PBI. May not be the reason because I think we received the last airplane (more than 6 months ago) from them after the relocation. Although the first few few Avanti II's have been completed in PBI at the Jet Center. I heard that it was the first Piaggio's completed there, maybe sales tax applies to those. Just speculating. Don't know and don't wanna know tax law.

Mr. R. wanted them completed there as he's in bed somehow with Jet. Piaggio is still where it's always been; GYH and PBI. Where they are finished is irrelevant with respect to where they take actual delivery/taxes. (I've owned a couple of planes in the past)

avantair is rumored to be looking for a new or additional investor.

2 Avanti IIs have been ready and I was just through PBI not too long ago (couple of weeks or so) and the third was getting close back then.

mmm......?

P180puke said:

Next.

Sounds like you are aware of how creative the lies can be. I've heard from people at Piaggio America that the problem lies with getting paid. That is, they have trouble gettting paid. So, the decision was- these babies sit till we see the cash.

P180puke said:

Next.

Dude, unless you work here, please stop spreading all these rumors. Especially if you are just getting your info from an unreliable source... Unless you come through and say where you heard this from. Then please be quiet. I'm not saying for you to mention any names, but if you heard this from an EX-employee or an FO, or even a captain. Then you have to ask him/her, where did HE/SHE hear this from?

P180puke said:
Mr. R. wanted them completed there as he's in bed somehow with Jet. Piaggio is still where it's always been; GYH and PBI. Where they are finished is irrelevant with respect to where they take actual delivery/taxes. (I've owned a couple of planes in the past)

avantair is rumored to be looking for a new or additional investor.

2 Avanti IIs have been ready and I was just through PBI not too long ago (couple of weeks or so) and the third was getting close back then.

mmm......?

Those airplanes are expected to be in the hangar at PIE any day now. But, they cannot be flown either 91 or 135 yet. Because of the tax issue, and FSDO issue.

Latest resources

Back