• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention ALPA Pilots - Jumpseat for Cactus Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your company has an agreement with us...then you are ALL welcome on my jumpseat.

To use the jumpseat as a political tool....is gonna create problems...for all of us

All ALPA and non-ALPA pilots are welcome in my cockpit (SWAP,Airtran,FAPA,UPS,JB,allegiant, APA) I never asked for Pilot Union affiliation. We aren`t under C.A.S.S. program?????

A bigger group using their numbers to pound down the smaller group who has done nothing wrong is what is causing the problem. This jumpseat crap is just a symptom. Deflecting more blame away from those responsible is a slap in the face to all of us. Remember who started this.

Personally my jumpseat is open to anyone who is polite and behaves himself, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna criticize another captain who won't let a ******************************bag ride.

The problem here is who voted USAPA and who voted ALPA.

The DICKHEADS on the East who voted ALPA off the property should have realized the repercusisons of alienatating a brotherhood and sisterhood of 56,000 union members who welcome you as a guest on the flight deck of their aircraft.

When you bite the hand that feeds you, and you are no longer a welcome guest on an ALPA carrier because you felt your needs were greater than those of the needs of the other 56,000 brothers and sisters who brought you one of the finest contracts in the industry, (pre BK) you can see where the angst begins.

I do not advocate a jumpseat war, but if ALPA were to come out with a policy that says if you voted USAPA, you're not welcomed because you are a union buster, then so be it.

In the interim, you can rest assured that any WEST pilot, will gladly show their ALPA MEMBERSHIP card, even though being thrown off the island, will show that card with pride and professionalism.

Thanks to all the professional ALPA pilots out there who realize the WEST was thrown under the bus by the greedy Eastholes who were thrown a lifevest by the West brothers and sisters and now must go down with the life preserver we offered them.

Please ask for the ALPA card....I will always carry mine which say AWA.

Respectfully......Captairbusbb

Based on some of logic of above posts, I quess you also prohibit your American Airlines brethren from Jumpseating as well since they also broke rank and file of ALPA to form APA. This is a war we don't need to start.

SunKing............APA was formed in 1963. USAPA born 17 Apr 2008.

APA was not formulated to overthrow a BINDING agreement that was agreed to by another party.

AWA and AAA agreed to binding arbitration for the culmination of two groups divided on seniority issues.

AAA demanded arbitration, elected the arbitrater, got the results, and did not like what the outcome was.

They elected to throw out the arbitrater's decision, therefore not standing up to their promise that they would abide by the arbitrater's decision.

So, they are not men or women of their own integrity. They say they will agree to the terms if the terms are THEIRS.

That is why it is important to understand if you speak with an East point of view,..........it's all about them and to hell with anybody else........No integrity, THEIR word means nothing except if it benefits THEM.

Get the picture?

Capt.

The problem here is who voted USAPA and who voted ALPA.

The DICKHEADS on the East who voted ALPA off the property should have realized the repercusisons of alienatating a brotherhood and sisterhood of 56,000 union members who welcome you as a guest on the flight deck of their aircraft.

When you bite the hand that feeds you, and you are no longer a welcome guest on an ALPA carrier because you felt your needs were greater than those of the needs of the other 56,000 brothers and sisters who brought you one of the finest contracts in the industry, (pre BK) you can see where the angst begins.

I do not advocate a jumpseat war, but if ALPA were to come out with a policy that says if you voted USAPA, you're not welcomed because you are a union buster, then so be it.

In the interim, you can rest assured that any WEST pilot, will gladly show their ALPA MEMBERSHIP card, even though being thrown off the island, will show that card with pride and professionalism.

Thanks to all the professional ALPA pilots out there who realize the WEST was thrown under the bus by the greedy Eastholes who were thrown a lifevest by the West brothers and sisters and now must go down with the life preserver we offered them.

Please ask for the ALPA card....I will always carry mine which say AWA.

Respectfully......Captairbusbb

I'm trying to figure out just how big of A$$hole you really are??

First you state that you are Not advocating a jumpseat war; then spend the rest of the post pretty much doing just that, suggesting a jumpseat war.

So alpa national should only allow (or promote) the use of the jumpseat by those who carry an alpa card?? So, SWAPA, APA, UPSIPA, NPA, IBT are not welcome on your jumpseat. And, I hear the 'alpa de-ert' drives are being considered at other carriers, so I guess, if successful, these carriers will also be added to your 'no fly' list?

For the last time, the jumpseat should NEVER be used for 'politics' peroid!

And, those that do are immature, and a disgrace to the pilot profession.

Also, in typing this post, I have figured out the answer to my earlier question: You are definitely a "Big A$$hole" for even suggesting (or implying) using the jumpseat in such a manner.

DA

entertainment

Can't ya just feel the luv? I mean, who needs a show like South Park and 4th graders fighting when we have Flightinfo?

Now I forget, is it an east or a west mom on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine?

(carefully setting down the bowl of popcorn, and looking for my flame suit)

Usapa is in their very own category, don't disrespect the other fine independent unions by lumping usapa in with them. This is different, and all you hoity toity "don't use the jumpseat for politics period" folks know it.

Usapa is dirty, rotten, low down scoundrel politics at its worst(best?), why in the world should the ******************************bags get off scott free?

Last edited:
Ok PlaneDrvr...........Let me explain it to you real slow so you can understand.

Call me an a$$hole if you will. That will make you feel better.

I don't advocate a JS war. I simply stated that you should show your ALPA card. (Are you a union buster or a union supporter). USAPA = SCAB....union buster. ALPA = union supporter.

Whether you chose a union buster or union suppporter to occupy your JS is totally up to you as PIC.

USAPA was borne to overthrow the NIC award. As a Westy, I can tell you it was not perfect. As an Easty, I got a windfall.......what a laugh.

The point is, the Eastyz did not like the outcome of an abritrated award, and even after they agreed to binding arbitration, and an arbitater they picked, they chose to decertfy a union of the men and women they chose to be their supporters.

With that......they are not men or women of integrity. They'll stab you in the back as soon as they get their free ride with you!!!

Is that who you want behind you in your flightdeck taking notes of all the faults you committed while giving him/her a ride you thought would be uneventual?

Please remember.........the Westyz did not start this war..........the Eastyz did.

Anybody is welcomed on my JS..........Just be careful of the possible backstabber behind you.......If he/she is a USAPA supporter.........beware!!

Satisfied??

Capt.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back