• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention ALPA Pilots - Jumpseat for Cactus Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't ya just feel the luv? I mean, who needs a show like South Park and 4th graders fighting when we have Flightinfo?

Now I forget, is it an east or a west mom on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine?

(carefully setting down the bowl of popcorn, and looking for my flame suit)

Its an East mom.

You guys crack me up. You seem to be forgetting who has the real scabs working.

Not to mention all the posts about the ALPA brotherhood. Yea right. Most of you guys were over here salivating for the US demise so you could expand. Heck the Delta mec was openly planning for it. Some brotherhood. the famous quote "with friends like that who..." comes to mind.
No matter what the jump seat should be off limits.
Even if you hate USAPA you will end up hurting your "Brothers", that voted for ALPA.

It is just like an AA guy who still has to say TWA. We had one the other day on our jumpseat to STL. I am sorry for you all but be polite and take a seat. No politics or old agendas please.

Maybe a stupid question, but if the jumpseat is "never to be used for political purposes", then why do we all deny the jumpseat to those on the "scab list"? Are you all saying you would give a free ride to someone you knew was a scab and thus sold out his fellow pilots for personal gain?

Now I'm not saying the USAPA pilots are scabs, or taking a stand either way. But I just sense a lot of hypocrisy going on out there and wanted to point it out.

Last edited:
Well, being professional, would be not allowing someone in your jumpseat that is going to be a distraction and comprimise the safety of the flight for any reason. If you arent' going to be able to operate that flight the same as normal becasue of someone sitting right behind you, then I say it is your responsibility to not allow them in.

That god-awful neon yellow lanyard is too distracting. Find another way home.

Hopefully all US Airways pilots are still welcome on your jumpseat. However, for those pilots who wish to make a distinction when extending jumpseat priviledges, original America West pilots can be identified by a small "Pxxxx" on the back of their id.

All ALPA pilots are still welcome on US Airways west metal jumpseats.

good posting, really worth it.. tool

This profession is doomed.

I 'second' that!

Look, don't have a dog in this fight, in as much as I don't work for the company, and also don't commute, live in base. That said, all I tried to do is inject some civility and professionalism into the debate when I said;

The jumpseat should NEVER be used for 'politics' Period!

And, the term 'scab' has a very specific meaning; "a worker who refuses to join a labor union or to participate in a union strike, who takes a striking worker's place on the job." (ref. dictionary.com)

There are pilots out there who have, 'crossed a union picket line, in an official strike' and are very much 'scabs' Pilots who are a member of a different union, for whatever reason, are not scabs; and if we start deciding which 'union' is more noble or professional, then we are destroying what 'little unity' is left in this industry.

What other criteria do we start using for determining who can have a jumpseat:

-whether a pilot works for a 'regional' as some say they have 'under-cut' the profession, or the likes of Virgin American, of JB, as some have implied the same logic.

-or maybe their position on the 'age 60' change, as that was a very divisive and important issue to some.

-or who they support in the upcoming presidential election.

-or maybe whether they supported 'Blu-ray' or HD-DVD. And, so on and so on.

I had an alpa card in my wallet for years, also still have a Teamsters card from years ago.

However, maybe on the chance that I have to ask for a jumpseat in the near future, maybe I will just show my 'BlockBuster Video Card' and maybe that will work for some of you 'small minded children' out there. Let's tear the 'profession' (using the term very loosely), down just a little more. Thanks guys.

I have NEVER denied someone a jumpseat for any 'political' purposes, NEVER have NEVER will; and for some to even 'suggest' or advocate it, is JUST SAD. Then again, I am still a 'profession' in a business that lacks alot of professionalism.

I have said my thoughts in this issue, and stand by my statement above (ref. the enlarged font, bold). Now, carry-on 'children'

DA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back