Attention ALPA Pilots - Jumpseat for Cactus Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

reepicheep

Hopefully all US Airways pilots are still welcome on your jumpseat. However, for those pilots who wish to make a distinction when extending jumpseat priviledges, original America West pilots can be identified by a small "Pxxxx" on the back of their id.

All ALPA pilots are still welcome on US Airways west metal jumpseats.

Brilliant! Let's turn the jumpseat into a political tool and lose the privilege once and for all. After all, it's not like we had to fight for years to get reciprocal jumpseat agreements...

For the record, I don't have a dog in the AWA/USAir, East/West smackdown, but let's remember that we all need the jumpseat at some time or the other, and we'd all hate to have some a-hole captain denying us a ride.

How about the 500 or so of us East guys that voted for ALPA? Are we going to be banned with all the other East guys? If not, you'll suddenly see a lot more guys that "voted for ALPA..." :)

Totally, totally, TOTALLY unprofessional, reepicheep.

If you contend that you are a professional pilot, then re-evaluate your proposition there, sir.

If not, then...well, never mind. You wouldn't understand anyway.

Totally, totally, TOTALLY unprofessional, reepicheep.

If you contend that you are a professional pilot, then re-evaluate your proposition there, sir.

If not, then...well, never mind. You wouldn't understand anyway.

So the rest of the world is supposed to just be all peachy and professional after a bunch of ******************************bags pull what the easties did? Bull********************. If any captain anywhere doesn't want those scumbags on his or her jumpseat thats their prerogative. Not unprofessional at all.

Oh,ok, here is your professionalism. "I'm very sorry Captain Smith, we are unable to accomadate you today. Once again, my most humble apologies." There, better now?

Last edited:
Maybe you didn't read the whole post:

Hopefully all US Airways pilots are still welcome on your jumpseat.

1. West pilots didn't start us "down this path"

2. Jumpseating West pilots have already been questioned this past weekend by pilots of other carriers as to their true status. I was one of them (UAL). If some pilots are going to take this issue into their cockpits then they need to know how to tell the good guys from the bad.

3. For my part, all are still welcome. But I'm not going to miss a ride home or to work either. If you're going to discriminate - and some evidently are - know who's who.

Hopefully all US Airways pilots are still welcome on your jumpseat. However, for those pilots who wish to make a distinction when extending jumpseat priviledges, original America West pilots can be identified by a small "Pxxxx" on the back of their id.

All ALPA pilots are still welcome on US Airways west metal jumpseats.

What are we? A bunch of middle school pubs?

Latest resources

Back