• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atp Circ Apch Vmc Only

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get to know a DE and next time you are in for a pc, ask him is in the extra time, he can do the circle removal. It requires an 8710, but only about 20 mins to do the procedure.

For the test yes, but the practice prior to the test will take a couple of approaches. Plan on an hour + for that.

sure they are

I guess nobody at SWA is a professional pilot then?
Of course they are professionals, why would anyone think any different. But they have to pay for their type rating and there ore get the non-air carrier type rating, unlike most pilots where the company pays for it.

So I guess I would have to pay for a PC in the EMB 145 to get it removed from my ATP and type.. Where can I do that?

Contact CAE Simuflite. They run the sim out at IWA. Same sim is used for Legacy training. They have at least 2 approved circling approaches for that sim - JFK and PANC - that I know of. 'taint no big thing to do.

Contact CAE Simuflite. They run the sim out at IWA. Same sim is used for Legacy training. They have at least 2 approved circling approaches for that sim - JFK and PANC - that I know of. 'taint no big thing to do.

The unknown is what their approved training course for this looks like. It could require require a defined amount of training as opposed to just a demonstrated skill set. Be ready for the more complicated version of this package.

Get to know a DE and next time you are in for a pc, ask him is in the extra time, he can do the circle removal. It requires an 8710, but only about 20 mins to do the procedure.

In the 121 world "DE's" (designated examiners) are actually called APD's (Aircrew Program Designees). APD's are designees of the FAA Aircrew Program Manager assigned to the certificate. As such, APD's are only allowed to issue certicates withing the confines of the carriers approved training program. If circling approaches are not part of your carriers approved training program, your APD cannot do the check ride to remove the limitaion.

Of course they are professionals, why would anyone think any different. But they have to pay for their type rating and there ore get the non-air carrier type rating, unlike most pilots where the company pays for it.

I'm sorry pilotyip, but I didn't pay for my 767 type here at ANA and I don't have that restriction. Does that makes it an unprofessional training by a non-air carrier?, we seem to always think in terms of how we do things here in the US as the "norm" and that simply is not the case. When you train at carriers all over the world they train you to proficiency down to circling minimums and these restriction is not placed on your type, also the F/O's go through the same training and type certification as the captains. The airlines here in the US have this restriction on our licence's just for the purpose of cost savings by reducing the training programs as much as they can, hence the "circling VMC" and the second biggest lie since "Cuba Libre" an "SIC Type"

You have a reference for that?

Not sure what you are implying and no I don't have a reference for that here at my present location. I have taught the circling approach in the 777 and if if you cannot maintain visual conditions while circling, i.e., lose sight of the runway, you should execute a missed approach. At no time during the circling maneuver should you be IMC. In the 777 we are doing 2.5 miles and 500 AGL. (D Category)

ANA standards

I'm sorry pilotyip, but I didn't pay for my 767 type here at ANA and I don't have that restriction. Does that makes it an unprofessional training by a non-air carrier?, we seem to always think in terms of how we do things here in the US as the "norm" and that simply is not the case. When you train at carriers all over the world they train you to proficiency down to circling minimums and these restriction is not placed on your type, also the F/O's go through the same training and type certification as the captains. The airlines here in the US have this restriction on our licence's just for the purpose of cost savings by reducing the training programs as much as they can, hence the "circling VMC" and the second biggest lie since "Cuba Libre" an "SIC Type"

ANA training is quite well known for being very difficult and in the case of the circling approach I have heard that it's hand flown with a +20'/-zero during the circle. This is a lot harder than it sounds and there are numerous "former ANA trainees" that will attest to it.

The Vmc circle to land only marks you as a professional pilot. It marks you as someone who got your type rating upon competition of an air carrier-training program. Someone who earned his or her rating, as opposed to someone with enough money who can buy a rating without the airline restriction. BTW Circling under a four hundred foot ceiling in a big jet is dangerous. I think you will also find that the Cat D or E mins are very close to Vmc

HOLY CRAP!!!! For the first time in five years I agree with YIP!!!!!

However, several of my types are unrestricted -- none purchased. Military-earned type ratings will never have any restrictions--and you are allowed to circle at mins.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back