• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
<<a whole lot of nothing>>

Yo, GO A.:

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

You are chomping on the same crap that has gotten us into this mess in the first place.

You need an antidote for union Kool-Aid...and fast.

If we are so strong....then why does everything keep getting worse at ASA? Not better.

Even the rampers and schedulers have more power than us.

I was in MSP and saw a NWA mechanic Union guy on TV. Guess what he said, "The strike is going well". What are the union cats going to tell ASA pilots when they strike. I know ASA could never be replaced in a heartbeat... I bet Delta could never grab extra capacity from Skywest, Mesa, Comair, Chitaqua, and mainline. Similar to the NWA mechanics Delta has been planning for this since the Comair strike. I will agree that they may have to reduce the number of flights to some cities. Maybe some cities would lose service for a short amount of time.
I just find it hard to believe that 89 days will pass and Skywest will then show up and say... Whoops just checking... Turns out you do mean buisness.
I find it easier to see assets transferred to skywest. Flying transferred. etc.
Hey if we are going to strike can we do it before this Saturday... AirInc is in town...

Phony Marconi said:
Yo, GO A.:

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

You are chomping on the same crap that has gotten us into this mess in the first place.

You need an antidote for union Kool-Aid...and fast.

If we are so strong....then why does everything keep getting worse at ASA? Not better.

Even the rampers and schedulers have more power than us.

What crap has gotten us into what mess? Specifics?

Union Kool aid, that's original. Pull yourself off the Company TITTY, or should I say Johnson and take off your rose colored glasses.

You should ask managment why things keep getting worse. After all the only power we have is unity and a work stoppage.

You're OK with schedulers having so much power over your life? I'm not.
The company is scared to death to give us the scheduling improvements. Because they know the incompetant's they have working there can barely handle the job now. Christ, they cause more problems in a day than they fix.

Keep livin in that managment Status Quo world that you like so much and we'll try to improve it rather than let them take it away from us.

The big picture is Delta. Delta is still hemorraging cash, even after the bankruptcy. 1.1Bn right now is a scary number, even if the real cash loss was "only" $400,000,000.00

I know SkyWest is a different company, but things in Atlanta are very tenuous. All objective indications are that Delta might not be here in the not too distant future. Airlines (with big political and financial constituencies seem to find ways to pull their fat out of the fryer, but base purely on the numbers Delta is headed off the cliff)

Whether or not you want to give them a shove in that direction is a question only you can answer. I'm not sure I know my answer. We can't all get hired at Airtran.

If ASA does not do something to address the non-economic, quality of life and safety issues, I will probably vote yes.

Funny you mention the rumor about the hiring freeze, because i heard today that when Bryan was in ops last week, he told everyone at LEAST 25 a month for the forseeable future. This would go inline with all the instructors we are hiring..

I was told the hiring freeze info came from VP of Flight Ops this week. Something about Delta not providing a fleet plan, or utilization direction.

I agree it seems like we should be hiring simply to cover the 15 or so that are leaving every month. Who knows it keeps changing.

I do know the Delta MEC put out a proposal to set a 79 seat rate and offered to waive furloughee benefits if Delta would withdraw the proposal to put 79 seat airplanes at DCI. I've seen it. There are not any proposed pay rates, but given that their proposed 100 seat rate tops out at less than ASA's 70 seat rates this can't be a good thing.

Who knows how this will play out. The Delta MEC is the only people ALPA allows to really negotiate and then we get to flight it out for the left over scraps. Maybe that is what we are seeing again.

Last edited:
R2D cup said:
I love my job, I tapped 4 FA's in the past week.

LATE!

R2DCUP your pretty good at picking up chicks, plus your like the only guy in the air with a mustache. Will you teach me your skillz? All i got is self loving.

OUT

:laugh:phony, all I can do is LAUGH when I read your posts! You are so full of SH@T that it is UNBELIEVABLE! Like Go Around said...."get off the teet of the company or better yet, the johnson..." I can't believe how out of touch you are with reality! Give JA a call, they are hiring! IDIOT!!!!!

Anyone notice this is a thread from 2005? Doh!

We are going to take a pay cut one way or another, it is pure fact. Either we take it as they (skywest) want or they (skywest) take our planes. MMM lets see, they're taking 13 70's that were in salt lake. Its not giving in, it is just keeping a job. Asa pilots, need to pull their heads out and smell the coffee.

Latest resources

Back