• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also want to put this on record. If we go on strike. I will never cross a picket line. I will be there on the picket line right along with the rest of the asa pilots. I have my opinion and everone has theirs. I am always the team player even if I think its wrong

rightseatjocky said:
As you know when skywest bought us, the negotiations have gotten worse and they just dont play any more.

Actually, you're wrong about that too. After we were bought, we hauled through the scheduling section, which had taken two years with little progress before our purchase. According to our negotiatios, the scheduling section is the crown jewel of the new contract, something to be proud of.

It doesn't matter how nasty Jerry is. Come to 'da ATL. You hear it every day. Our pilots are fed up, and ready to walk away from the industry. If Jerry wants to take down ASA, he will go with us. Management doesn't seem to get that. We WILL strike if pushed to it.

rightseatjocky said:
No, youre right they have not left us, Yet. I have to agree with you. Skywest has put in court to take our assets. They are just waiting on approval for this.
Yes, skywest and asa are cash cows. I dont dissagree in that fact.

Source? Link?

That will never happen. The minute it begins, a single carrier petition will be filed, as in Freedom/Mesa. Don't believe the threats.

I got that information for the #1 fo in salt lake. Passing on what he said, not sure where he got that.

I have told you who I am. Are you going to return the favor?

rightseatjocky said:
I got that information for the #1 fo in salt lake. Passing on what he said, not sure where he got that.

So it's hearsay. Like I said, don't believe every crew lounge prophet you hear. Come to ATL and get a crew lounge education. Things are a lot different out here. We have the tools and we can win if we support our MEC and CNC.

rightseatjocky said:
I have told you who I am. Are you going to return the favor?

No. Call me a coward if you like, but if I told you, then I couldn't post like I do anymore. You've flown with me, FWIW.

I suppose we will be talking in ops then. Thanks for at least listening to what my opinion is.

rightseatjocky said:
I suppose we will be talking in ops then. Thanks for at least listening to what my opinion is.

See you around. Like I said, express your opinions to your fellow pilots, especially your captains and see how the rest of the pilots feel. You may be in for a surprise when you learn the whole story.

Rightseatjocky,
Thanks for posting your opinion. You would be amazed at how many ASA pilots agree with you. They are afraid to voice their opinions however because of people like John Pennekamp. Keep voicing your opinion, listening to both sides, and making informed independent decisions. These decisions will affect you more than they will affect me.

Latest resources

Back