Asa Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rightseatjocky said:
We are going to take a pay cut one way or another, it is pure fact. Either we take it as they (skywest) want or they (skywest) take our planes. MMM lets see, they're taking 13 70's that were in salt lake. Its not giving in, it is just keeping a job. Asa pilots, need to pull their heads out and smell the coffee.

Another 3 poster coming out with gems!

Do somthing useful at the GO like hiring more rampers rather than wasting time screwing around on the computer posting sh!t like that! Troll

Actually, I am a 700 driver in salt lake. I just dont post on here unless there is something I have to say. It is too bad that you have to resort to name calling. Shows how some of the ASA drivers act.
I have been reading these posts for a couple of years and ASA pilots are so disgruntle they have lost sight of what needs to be looked at. Quality of life.
If you want to know who I am just ask.

Last edited:
rightseatjocky said:
Actually, I am a 700 driver in salt lake. I just dont post on here unless there is something I have to say. It is too bad that you have to resort to name calling. Shows how some of the ASA drivers act.
I have been reading these posts for a couple of years and ASA pilots are so disgruntle they have lost sight of what needs to be looked at. Quality of life.
If you want to know who I am just ask.

Uh huh. Sure you are. Back to your cubicle before I call uncle Brian on you. I'm asking. Who are you?

700 driver been at asa 3.5 years. I dont have a problem saying that my last name is mccoy. Are you going to return the favor?

Look, I am not going to name bash or what ever you guys want to do. Lets look at this realistically. Delta mainline takes a 49% pay cut. You dont think were not going to take one.
Jerry atkins gets what he wants. He will continue to take our planes until he gets what he wants. I dont want a pay cut as much as any other asa pilot. It is just fact as what is going to happen

rightseatjocky said:
700 driver been at asa 3.5 years. I dont have a problem saying that my last name is mccoy. Are you going to return the favor?

Jim? OK, I apologize for calling you a management troll. But you could use an education on what we're voting to strike for.

rightseatjocky said:
Look, I am not going to name bash or what ever you guys want to do. Lets look at this realistically. Delta mainline takes a 49% pay cut. You dont think were not going to take one.
Jerry atkins gets what he wants. He will continue to take our planes until he gets what he wants. I dont want a pay cut as much as any other asa pilot. It is just fact as what is going to happen

Mainline took a 49% cut because they're in bankruptcy. We on the other hand, are owned by one of the most profitable airlines. Jerry will not get what he wants if he pushes us. He will lose a $500M investment and have to explain his error to the board of directors. I'm sorry, dude, but your opinion is one of a very slim minority here.

Don't let Jerry's threat of assets transfer scare you. No assets have actually left yet, have they?

I know what we are fighting for. I think that if we strike we are all going to lose. Yes, youre right that we need to fight on somethings. As the mec has walked away until we (asa and pilots ) pull their heads out. As you know when skywest bought us, the negotiations have gotten worse and they just dont play any more. I have talked to a lot of skywest pilots and they jerry can be a very nasty person when he wants to be. You know hes trying to bust the union.
There has been quite a few fo's going to skywest now. Do they know something we dont?

Lets show solidarity with our MEC and let them do their jobs!!!

BL can have his stock options and Chuck can have his Delta retirement. Skywest can park every aeroplane out in the desert for all I care.

My knowledge, experience and professionalism costs something, $$$$.

Aviation Career Advice; Never depend on the airline for a living...
Start a side occupation now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz Saw

John Pennekamp said:
Mainline took a 49% cut because they're in bankruptcy. We on the other hand, are owned by one of the most profitable airlines. Jerry will not get what he wants if he pushes us. He will lose a $500M investment and have to explain his error to the board of directors. I'm sorry, dude, but your opinion is one of a very slim minority here.

Don't let Jerry's threat of assets transfer scare you. No assets have actually left yet, have they?

No, youre right they have not left us, Yet. I have to agree with you. Skywest has put in court to take our assets. They are just waiting on approval for this.
Yes, skywest and asa are cash cows. I dont dissagree in that fact.

Latest resources

Back