Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rightseatjocky said:
Joe,
Thanks for the support. I understand both sides of the issue. Some of the people that I fly with are very pro union and that is ok with me. I will vote no on the issue. As I said I will not cross the picket line if it were to pass.
I know a few people that feel like I do and these captains are were they want to be. I have been a fo 3.5 years, it is time to move to the left seat for me also. There is way too much fighting and bickering at this air line between mgmt and pilots. Being bought by skyworst didnt help things either.
AGAIN MY VOTE IS NO.

Waaa, you have been an FO for 3.5 yrs. Talk to the guys that were FO's for 5,6,7,8,9 yrs.

The time to move to the left seat is when you have the experience and can hold it, not cause you think you deserve it or cause you have been an FO for a certain amount of time.

The upgrade has been about four yrs since you started here in '03 so what are you crying about?

GO AROUND said:
Waaa, you have been an FO for 3.5 yrs. Talk to the guys that were FO's for 5,6,7,8,9 yrs.

The time to move to the left seat is when you have the experience and can hold it, not cause you think you deserve it or cause you have been an FO for a certain amount of time.

The upgrade has been about four yrs since you started here in '03 so what are you crying about?

HAHA. Anyone that has been a fo at this company has been one that long by there own choice. When I got hired here it was a year and 1/2 upgrade.
I feel the love. I still vote no

rightseatjocky said:
HAHA. Anyone that has been a fo at this company has been one that long by there own choice. When I got hired here it was a year and 1/2 upgrade.
I feel the love. I still vote no

The RJ has never been a year and a half upgrade. The 120 was, so why didn't you take it then? The RJ was 4 yrs when I upgraded on it a year and a half ago. I couldn't hold it when the 120 went away and I went back to the right seat for a year until I could hold it.

That was your choice. As mine was to stay on the rj, even upgrade to the 70, only because of the pay.
Oh, by the way. I posted this to see how fast I could get all the panties in a wad........ I voted yes......
lol you guys are so wound up about this... Life is too short

Skywest bought ASA because ASA had value and Skywest got the deal of the century. The last 2 quarter profits are the proof in the pudding. In fact, despite the management, ASA is more efficient than Skywest based on those DOT reports. The money is in the Southeast and points beyond where yields are still the highest in the country. Aircraft utilization is about 12 hours a day as compared to SLC where it is about 8 hours a day. Skywest didn't by ASA because we were losing money. They got a steal!

;)Of course they did Speed! Why do you think that JA was "licking" his chops at the possibility of getting ASA so cheap! We have EXTREMELY PROFITABLE routes back East....(NOT THE GREATEST PLACE TO FLY) but they make CASH!! Now uncle Jerry, it is TIME to "PONY UP" some cash and get on with making money!!

GO AROUND said:
The RJ has never been a year and a half upgrade. The 120 was, so why didn't you take it then? The RJ was 4 yrs when I upgraded on it a year and a half ago. I couldn't hold it when the 120 went away and I went back to the right seat for a year until I could hold it.

It all depends on may variables, hire date, growth etc. It was a 3 year upgrade on the Brasilia when I did it. At one point, early 90s I think, the upgrade was like 5+ years I believe.

Hoser
Voted In Favor

Guys a YES vote is a no brainer. We are not voting to strike. We are voting to authorize our MEC to represent us fully, up to and including a work stoppage.

A NO vote is going into battle with Gilbert Gottfried.

HoserASA said:
It all depends on may variables, hire date, growth etc. It was a 3 year upgrade on the Brasilia when I did it. At one point, early 90s I think, the upgrade was like 5+ years I believe.

Hoser
Voted In Favor

Yes it does. It was 6 mnths if you had the time and ATP when I was hired in Aug 00. I got it in a yr, but it still took me four yrs seniority to up on the RJ in 04.

But to say that you are entitled to the upgrade cause you think you are ready or you've been here long enough has little to do with it. It's all those variables.

Latest resources

Back