• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Folks, keep an open mind. We're one of the only airlines in recent memory that has come to a mutual agreement on PBS and not had it shoved down their throats in bankruptcy (Continental, Delta, etc.) or had it forced upon them with not say (SkyWest).

And don't forget the pay cut for all the open time you use to pick up to get that 95hr line will no longer exist. The crappy line pbs gives you is it for the month like it or not because there will be nothing to pick up or swap for due to pbs eliminating all the conflicting month to month, training and vacation drops. Sure they will fix the open time rules, they don't care. But you are thinking about the new system with the amount of open time now, then the first time after pbs you jump in and are shocked that there is very little if any open time, but o'boy there is new ways to bid on nothing. The only way the company saves money is buy paying you less and working you more. How do people not see this? And WF already spreading the word that management "THINKS" we will explode with new flying makes me laugh the hardest. Just like Comair expanded with their paycut. Stop.. laughing...so...hard.....crying....now...........
If an alpa rep tells me that with a straight face I will question his sanity.

Comair is a poor example. Comair is owned by mainline Delta who looks out for the best interests of mainline Delta. SKW Inc. owns ASA and is 100% committed to making ASA successful.

Comair is a poor example. Comair is owned by mainline Delta who looks out for the best interests of mainline Delta. SKW Inc. owns ASA and is 100% committed to making ASA successful.

Ehh...I'm not so sure about that last sentence.

Skywest Inc. is 100% committed to making Skywest Inc. successful. If at any point ASA starts hurting the bottom-line, they wouldn't hold onto "us" for long. They would keep our assets, I bet. 700s and 900s are in short supply, but the rest of us...I'm not so sure.

My unknowledgeable opinion is that they are willing to give us the benefit of the doubt for a while, and if they can make us cheaper, they will think about keeping us around due to the advantages of having two operating certificates, etc. But, who knows?

I think the thing with BH at SKYW was who he worked for because we haven't had the same issues you guys had. Our current VP of Flight Ops and company CP operated differently under our old mgmt, also. The execs can only run the company the way the bosses tell them to.

Also, without a union you you guys get what they give you, good or bad. In our situation it's negotiated. Just Sayin'.

Max- hang in there brother............sure are prejudice against it and we haven't even seen an iota of literature on the thing. If it sux, it sux, but ya gotta at least read the thing.

Bottom line is that everyone from another airline seems to have an opinion on the thing, but its akin to not buying a Chevy because your neighbor bitches about how bad his Honda sux.........We've got to call an ace an ace and a spade a spade here. Be a leader and educate yourself for your own opinions here guys (with the actual agreement from our PBS comittee in hand, and not someone else's).......................

And the same people from other airlines that are telling us don't do it will be the ones to reap the benefits when they are awarded RFPs and ASA is given the big FU because of stalled PBS negotiations. If you're at ASA and don't think the new management is here to help and not fight I don't know where you've been.

If you're at ASA and don't think the new management is here to help and not fight I don't know where you've been.

Not quite right Mr. Business Professor. Management is out for management and the company bottom line, thats what allows the company to pay us. If the company's interests give an added value for us, the employees, then great. I however would concede that BH, under the strings pulled by JA and his group have made a significant attempt to balance BOTH, company and employee interests. With PBS, its business, the company wants what will improve the bottom line, perhaps that will allow us to establish our costs, bid on any upcoming RFP's more accurately and as a by product, perhaps, will benefit the pilot group with addtional flying.

I can't even imagine anything they could offer to make me vote in PBS. Just ask any CAL pilot about it. This is not going to make us competitive. This will only make a dent in our cost but make a crater in our QOL. I know I know, I have not even seen it yet. But like I said I can't even imagine.
It is also interesting that the union has been so quite but to say how far away they are from a TA, then the elections get close and now we have a TA. Did the current MEC start to think they would not win reelection and wanted control over what was in the TA? Is it because the more senior MEC would be the one's to benefit the most from it? Just some thoughts. VOTE NO!

Does CAL do the same type of flying that ASA does? Do they have the same PBS that ASA will?

Latest resources

Back