• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've already decided to vote no, I don't care whether DL guys like theirs or not. I like being able to turn 1 week of vacation into 17 days off in a row and usually 21 for the month. Straight from NT's mouth with PBS you won't be able to do that. Sorry that's a deal killer right there. I am not convinced either that PBS doesn't just benefit the top 10 to 15% of the seniority.

You may still have the option to maximize vaca, we won't know until we see it ourselves. With our MMG it is worth it to the company financially.

[snip]
Straight from NT's mouth with PBS you won't be able to do that.
[snip]

THIS. Changing the deal with maximizing vacation is a deal breaker. I don't believe Scheduling will do ANYTHING other than bookend my vacation with trips.

The system, as is, inherently favors the senior guys, which is fine. But I see no need to replace that system with one that further favors the senior guys.

Dude!

I am listening and heeding your warnings, but the sytem and work rules we are chasing make us apples and oranges on this. And my bung... (you called it a starfish...twice...you really should see a shrink and find out if the wallpaper in your nursery had starfishes on it)...my bung is tightly guarded about this whole thing.

Our biggest NO through this entire process was an outright refusal to even consider the system you guys got "starfished" with....but then again, we being union and you guys being purple-helmet-warrior targets due to not being union...you must like the old starfish pokey!!!

hee hee

No really, I do appreciate the warnings, but like I said, apples and oranges.
So be it,
SKYW has a fleet of high dollar anti-union lawyers, any contract that you sign will have a tiny loopholes with long drawstrings, you might not even notice them, but they will be your undoing. If you truly knew how much SGU hates unions you would very nervous, its a pathological phobia, since you guys are the redheaded stepchild and union to boot, you will live and die by the sword(read contract), you can bet, that if SGU wants it, you will hate it. Anything they can(and will) due to you guys will be blamed on the "union" and BH will get a chub off of that. Remember if you sign on for a PBS system read every line of code, SKYW will pay lots of money to have things rewritten to their advantage. As far as "starfish" that is a silly code I use, don't be offended, I offer these warnings at no advantage for myself and in fact you only stand to gain anything by heeding them and lots to lose by ignoring them.
Good luck you will need it.
PBR
P.S. Go here:
http://www.fordharrison.com/
This is who you are up against, SKYW keeps them on retainer.
Know your enemy!

Last edited:
Not everyone stretches the vaca into 17 days as it is. To do that, one drops usually 3 days touching the first day of vaca, and then drops the 3 days touching the last. That is 6 days unpaid off your credit! I for one can't afford that. I get 8 or 9 days off now as it is, so this whole stretching vaca isn't that big a deal for everyone.

Not everyone stretches the vaca into 17 days as it is. To do that, one drops usually 3 days touching the first day of vaca, and then drops the 3 days touching the last. That is 6 days unpaid off your credit! I for one can't afford that. I get 8 or 9 days off now as it is, so this whole stretching vaca isn't that big a deal for everyone.

I respectfully see your point. However, rant on....

The vacation thing ALONE is a no vote for me. I maximize vaca EVERY TIME. I travel overseas for every single vacation. And now since we have NO S2's and even lower priority than a new hire Delta rampers aunt Lafawnduh, I NEED that 3 weeks to get back home after being shoved to the bottom of every standby list I am on.

I am sorry, the

"we dont get S2's either"
"Work for Delta if you want better benefits"
"It could suck worse"
"It does suck worse at XYZ airline"
arguments don't sway me.

Just because your regional has a sucky PBS system, Crappy travel bennies, QOL issues, pressure to fly tired, pressure to fly broke airplanes, does not mean that ASA pilots have to lower their standards.

Hell EVERY regional out there should be CHEERING when one of us gets a nice benefit, but instead we all come on here and say "well .....join the club!" We are supposed to be holding or raising the bar, NOT lowering it (looking at you Pinnacle)

We are our worst enemy, we are playing checkers while management is playing chess.

Voting no!!

Rant over

People!!!

Can't vote until we see the TA!!!

Don't pre-judge!!!!

If it sucks...it sucks!!

But you can't call it yet.

Gonna do some reading and see where we stand before making my decision. Vacation is my primary concern- I want the flexibility.

It's only a matter of time before it ends up here anyway, one way or another........Frankly, right now we've got negotiating leverage to bargain and obtain a better system than we'd have just rammed down our throats- especially given PBR's theory on management and contracts (provided you buy into that theory)......

Latest resources

Back