Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBS...Blah!!!

PBS? Gee, I'm sure this is another genius idea like the others in the past....For instance, how about the massive furloughs chased by the vast amount of open time and red arrow days because of lack of coverage....better yet, how about the captain displacements followed by premium pay being offered now because we're short on captains all of a sudden? STOP and THINK boys & girls...VOTE NO to PBS!! (or else there just might be another hidden surprise waiting for us around the corner)

They are right. I will not help our block costs currently. It is not going to help in the immediate scheme of bring back our guys on the street. What it will do, is help us down the road possibly securing more flying because ASA will be able to bid at a lower rate. So in a sense, if we are able to get more flying in the near future, it will help our block cost and get our guys back on the flight deck. It will not be overnight. However, once we start to see returns, the margin increases and you wind up with an extra $4K a year that you didn't have before.

We have to take much of this with a grain of salt. The company spent an enormous amount of money getting the A-Tech up and running as well looking for programs to cut or fix. None of these are immediate money savers. They cost money but the returns down the road will eventually pay for the hard choices today. Fortunately, the company leadership (BH) is trying to formulate a plan that has us in a good position 1-5 years down the road. There are others that only care about the next three months. I have to give BH the benefit of the doubt for now until he proves otherwise.

My screen name is SPEEDTAPE, and I approve of this message!

VOTE IT IN! BH is the messiah, he would never do anything to "his" pilots! BH hasn't flown the line since the Metro days and couldn't care less about yous guys! You keep thinking you are going to "help" the bottom line, keep thinking that. PBS is about taking ABSOLUTE control of your schedule, they can manipulate everything about the scheduling without any oversight. Pilots are so freeking stupid, thinking they are on the "management team" Why do you think THEY want it so bad? Ask yourself that very simple question, PBS might, just might, benefit the top 10% and even they will pay dearly in vacation and sick day accrual along with training events. You are cornholed, and when your starfish has the Greyhound bus parked in it these boards will be lit up like Times Square with epic whining, by ASA pilots who are pissed about being BH's new blow up jizz receptors.
Enjoy what you have now, because your future is gonna suck in ways you never imagined with PBS!
PBR

PBS? Gee, I'm sure this is another genius idea like the others in the past....For instance, how about the massive furloughs chased by the vast amount of open time and red arrow days because of lack of coverage....better yet, how about the captain displacements followed by premium pay being offered now because we're short on captains all of a sudden? STOP and THINK boys & girls...VOTE NO to PBS!! (or else there just might be another hidden surprise waiting for us around the corner)
Try to be a little more open-minded. Let's see the details before we start shooting it down.

I can't even imagine anything they could offer to make me vote in PBS. Just ask any CAL pilot about it. This is not going to make us competitive. This will only make a dent in our cost but make a crater in our QOL. I know I know, I have not even seen it yet. But like I said I can't even imagine.
With all due respect, your perception is wrong. This system will be something much different and better than anything they have at Continental.
It is also interesting that the union has been so quite but to say how far away they are from a TA, then the elections get close and now we have a TA. Did the current MEC start to think they would not win reelection and wanted control over what was in the TA? Is it because the more senior MEC would be the one's to benefit the most from it? Just some thoughts. VOTE NO!
As unpopular as PBS seems to be with the majority of our pilots, why do you thing it would be wise for the MEC to obtain a TA before the elections? Your logic seems fuzzy.

The MEC is not Senior, unless you are a newhire. There is one senior guy, one mid-level seniority pilot, one about 7 years, and the other about 5 years. Is that senior?

Don't just VOTE NO! That is the most closed minded and illogical approach I have ever heard. Wait, and take a deep breath. When the TA comes out with the language, and you have looked at the demonstrations, make an intelligent, and informed decision! Otherwise, one might question your decision making abilities in an airplane--not that I am! Just say YES, to the idea of being open minded, gather the facts about PBS, make your observations of the future demos, talk to other pilots, and then, and only then, MAKE YOUR DECISION!

If it's Navtech,I would advise you vote NO.Do you like working Christmas while people junior to you are off ? It WILL happen.The excuses offered will range from "Well,the company didn't buy all the software that we need" to "You were affected by unstacking/denial mode/you name it".Would you like to be off the weekend before your vacation starts ? Too bad ! You will work until midnight Sunday.Did you know "Set Min Sked" really isn't ? Do you think management really wants this to improve your QOL? Bah.....It's perfect for them.They will manipulate awards (Called "manual assignment") to get the results THEY want. "Days Off must be in groups of two" on your contract ? Get ready for 5 on-2 off skeds.Does your contract require 10 hours in base between assignments ? Presto,10:15 between pairings.If you vote for this,be ready to see "Not considered" when you request "weekends off",or "No check ins before xxxxAM",or anything else you asked for.I'm in the top 30% in base and it happens to people senior to me.It's a big ol' Sam's Club size Sack O'Crap.

Try to be a little more open-minded. Let's see the details before we start shooting it down.
Ahhh,
You are right, try it on for size, BH would never do anything but help "his pilots". Try and remember this BH was the VP of Flight Ops at SKYW right up until he became your problem, everything chitty that was jammed in our starfishes was stuffed there by BH, everything! Know why SKYW has "leadership" classes, so many people are pissed about everything BH inflicted upon us they are taking it out on the company and they are noticing it on the bottom line. The only thing thas good about BH being at ASA is he is no longer at SKYW and our damage is limited and yours is a whole continent away. Enjoy Brad and PBS, your slide is just starting and will only pick up speed. If history is indicator of the past AOS will be your "new" PBS vendor, you just don't realize it.
PBR

As unpopular as PBS seems to be with the majority of our pilots, why do you thing it would be wise for the MEC to obtain a TA before the elections? Your logic seems fuzzy.

The MEC is not Senior, unless you are a newhire. There is one senior guy, one mid-level seniority pilot, one about 7 years, and the other about 5 years. Is that senior?

Don't just VOTE NO! That is the most closed minded and illogical approach I have ever heard. Wait, and take a deep breath. When the TA comes out with the language, and you have looked at the demonstrations, make an intelligent, and informed decision! Otherwise, one might question your decision making abilities in an airplane--not that I am! Just say YES, to the idea of being open minded, gather the facts about PBS, make your observations of the future demos, talk to other pilots, and then, and only then, MAKE YOUR DECISION!

My screen name is WWEfan and I approved this message.

VOTE IT IN! BH is the messiah, he would never do anything to "his" pilots! BH hasn't flown the line since the Metro days and couldn't care less about yous guys! You keep thinking you are going to "help" the bottom line, keep thinking that. PBS is about taking ABSOLUTE control of your schedule, they can manipulate everything about the scheduling without any oversight. Pilots are so freeking stupid, thinking they are on the "management team" Why do you think THEY want it so bad? Ask yourself that very simple question, PBS might, just might, benefit the top 10% and even they will pay dearly in vacation and sick day accrual along with training events. You are cornholed, and when your starfish has the Greyhound bus parked in it these boards will be lit up like Times Square with epic whining, by ASA pilots who are pissed about being BH's new blow up jizz receptors.
Enjoy what you have now, because your future is gonna suck in ways you never imagined with PBS!
PBR

Sooooo....you're for PBS? Right?

Ahhh,
You are right, try it on for size, BH would never do anything but help "his pilots". Try and remember this BH was the VP of Flight Ops at SKYW right up until he became your problem, everything chitty that was jammed in our starfishes was stuffed there by BH, everything! Know why SKYW has "leadership" classes, so many people are pissed about everything BH inflicted upon us they are taking it out on the company and they are noticing it on the bottom line. The only thing thas good about BH being at ASA is he is no longer at SKYW and our damage is limited and yours is a whole continent away. Enjoy Brad and PBS, your slide is just starting and will only pick up speed. If history is indicator of the past AOS will be your "new" PBS vendor, you just don't realize it.
PBR

Dude!

I am listening and heeding your warnings, but the sytem and work rules we are chasing make us apples and oranges on this. And my bung... (you called it a starfish...twice...you really should see a shrink and find out if the wallpaper in your nursery had starfishes on it)...my bung is tightly guarded about this whole thing.

Our biggest NO through this entire process was an outright refusal to even consider the system you guys got "starfished" with....but then again, we being union and you guys being purple-helmet-warrior targets due to not being union...you must like the old starfish pokey!!!

hee hee

No really, I do appreciate the warnings, but like I said, apples and oranges.

Latest resources

Back